Michael Jordan (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
oh well at least its over hey - im sure we all did sumfin like that. I had a mind blank on the orbital velocity equation - dont ask me why i dont know - oh by the way b4 anybody sais anything - unrelated question. :)

sub

k...it seemed like u were arguing someone (not necessarily me) but i just wanted to clear that up :)

btw, q 11...what did u get? i had induction cooktop

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
yep, i had induction cooktop too, cuz the whole eddy currents thing, but the diagram confused me. lol

SuperDuperMicky

HSC
Yeh I thought that question was pretty sad. I got it right, but I wish I'd seen it coming. Going through the syllabus this morning I noticed the dot point about "portrayal of physics in mass media" or something like that. Why can't physics go back to the good ol' days where we didn't have to write essays? :confused:

sub

it was supposed to...excellent :D

i think i got all the mc right :) well im on my way to the 90's :)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
what did u do to get it right? cuz everyone thinks sumthin different, i had no idea but wrote about formulas and projectile motion, so i dont think i lost all the marks

sub

SuperDuperMicky said:
Yeh I thought that question was pretty sad. I got it right, but I wish I'd seen it coming. Going through the syllabus this morning I noticed the dot point about "portrayal of physics in mass media" or something like that. Why can't physics go back to the good ol' days where we didn't have to write essays? :confused:
or atleast write essays for questions worth writing about...4marks for one page, 6 marks for half a page...gee, that;s GREAT spatial arrangement...but then again it is the BOS :D

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I actually thought it was a good question.
I said that for an athlete to stay in the air for 2.5 seconds, he would have to be able to jump something like 7.5 metres in the air vertically up, which is of course a crock of shit.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
SuperDuperMicky said:
Yeh I thought that question was pretty sad. I got it right, but I wish I'd seen it coming. Going through the syllabus this morning I noticed the dot point about "portrayal of physics in mass media" or something like that.
what?! is that actually a dotpoint in the syllabus??

why_hello

you have to remember that he isn't just jumping straight up he is jumping up and along, so i crapped on about the projectile motion that he was going for and he is also in the air when he is hanging on to the hoop dunking the crap out of it, and that is still air time and plus you have to take into account the force he needs to use and that has to be exactly and no one can control their muscles that well...... but thats just my opinon

sub

i thought i did, but meh, im not worried...its over...no more hsc :)

thats something to look fwd to :)

grimreaper

HSC
why_hello said:
you have to remember that he isn't just jumping straight up he is jumping up and along, so i crapped on about the projectile motion that he was going for and he is also in the air when he is hanging on to the hoop dunking the crap out of it, and that is still air time and plus you have to take into account the force he needs to use and that has to be exactly and no one can control their muscles that well...... but thats just my opinon
remember when considering projectile motion you look at vertical and horizontal motion separately - therefore you dont have to consider horizontal motion in this question at all

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
so the guy who came fist in the world at physics is quietly confident..

understatement of the year??

EDIT: this related to the other thread on that guy in smh.com.au
but hey, i posted it here for some reason

linnyss

its was gay wat are they tring to test to see how we can bs our way for 4 marks.!!!!!!!!! IT was the most non physic quest the answer could have been anything

def loto

i didnt find the question 2 bad
u could get that he would have 2 jmup 7.6 m up at a speed of 12.25m/s so u culd say that was bs
you could also say that you can't use the laws of physics to stay in the air longer
and that for atheletes brain is not better then brawn, then use physics reasons 2 back it up
very easy 2 get 4 marks for the question

sub

hah, i was *spaces fingers millimetres apart* this close to saying mj was a total idiot...but then i thought that i might lose marks for it, cos the markers might be mj fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)