My subjects are open for discussion... (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
do more maths to get into 4U
I love maths, maths loves me, seriously I love maths, its my strongest subject at school Im coming 5th out of 20 students followed by IST 1st place, ITT 1st place, Marine Studies 1st place and PD/H/PE 1st place. Again, I love maths

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
but yeah just follow the above advice in the thread to do well
Thanks bro, appreciate it and yes I will be trying my best to achieve the results that I want!

And btw Marine Studies, I chose that subject because not many options were available at that time.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
To be honest with you, its gonna be difficult for u to get that 95+ i'm not saying that you wont, its just that its gonna require a huge amount of effort. But with time and dedication, you'll get there! :D

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
turnerloos I'm so motivated, that's my driving force that is going to push me even further to my limits, anything is achievable with the right mindset. If I don't get that 95+ ATAR I can always do a Medical Health Sciences Degree? But thanks man I like when people give me a hand with these kinds of things it motivates me even further!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd recommend doing lots of English essay writing practice, and hand them in during preliminary when you have more time...

FancyPenguin

HSC
So is advanced math just mathematics or extension 1.

I'm sure you'll do well with those subjects, especially considering your ranking. Also if advanced math is extension 1 will your school even run it if there is only 20 kids in your whole year

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hey Penguin! Thanks, From what I've seen at my school Advanced maths will run with a minimum of 2+ student/s, in Year 12 1+ student/s are required. People don't get through the course though, they all drop, one by one. Lets just hope in Year 11 Advanced Maths I survive and don't drop. I need it so I can do physics because lot's of mathematical concepts are involved in the Prelim and HSC course. What do you think?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Penguin! Thanks, From what I've seen at my school Advanced maths will run with a minimum of 2+ student/s, in Year 12 1+ student/s are required. People don't get through the course though, they all drop, one by one. Lets just hope in Year 11 Advanced Maths I survive and don't drop. I need it so I can do physics because lot's of mathematical concepts are involved in the Prelim and HSC course. What do you think?
I think Mathematics will help a lot with physics and year 12 my friends doing physics found components in the 2 unit mathematics course easier to do
as they did similar questions in physics.

FancyPenguin

HSC
Wow small schools must be awesome, so you can pretty much get into any subject you want with a certain number of students. And yea you hsould definitely do MX1 if you can as you will be able to drop it if you can't handle. You also seems to be doing really well in 5.3maths so mathematics will be really easy for you(prelim at least). Anyway good luck with your subjects.

BTW just to be clear is advanced math extension 1?????

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hey Penguin, Advanced Maths in Year 11 is Called 3 Unit Maths otherwise known as Extension 1 Maths haha! And Maths and English is the only subject at my school where any number of students can do the course (So it will run with any number literally eg: 1-2>). However in every other subject a minimum of 8 students are required for that specific class to run in senior elective years. Thanks!

FancyPenguin

HSC
How many kids are in your year? Also if there aren't many that would really suck seeing as a lot of the year group would have to choose the same subjects.
thanks for reply on the math thing :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hey no problem bro! So there is over 80 people in my year group, 4 different classes for each subject, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. 10.1 is the 'top class' and 10.4 is the 'lower class' (if you get what I mean), so in my current classes there is an average of 20 odd students per class, but over the years people have left and that number has decreased because either they hated school and left, got full time jobs or TAFE. In my current top maths class we have just 15 students and that number can be seen in contrast with other subjects like English. In the upcoming subject selections 39 courses are going to be offered to the year group (Includes Non ATAR and ATAR). I can confidently say that I am in the top 5% of the year group academically. So yes there are students coming into our year here and there but the cohort isn't that academically strong, meaning that most of them are 'dumb'.

FancyPenguin

HSC
Oh i totally forgot about the different math classes, but yea you'll be fine with math, plus having less people to compete with will be good if you can get first

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yes that's the good thing about 'small classes' teacher can help all at once and we can help each other I guess haha

FancyPenguin

HSC
yea that's really good, especially since you wont have much trouble getting into MX1, there is heaps of competition at my school since they're only running one class(new math co-ord is a bitch), so pretty much 1/3 of the accelerated class isn't allowed to choose it

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I think Mathematics will help a lot with physics and year 12 my friends doing physics found components in the 2 unit mathematics course easier to do
as they did similar questions in physics.
Nup.

The maths involved in physics is year 9 stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)