Official Drew's Thread 2005 (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
Protein intake is about 180g a day, more than enough
Calories - well I'm not counting them everyday, but I am a pretty constant diet. When I did count them it was over 3000 calories. I've done a fair bit of researching.

And yeah, I've been told by friends I should do cardio soon - because otherwise ill be on my way to fatness. I told them to wait until may :p
How much do you weigh right now?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you only really need to do about 30mins of cardio and then do weight. cross trainer is good

Jugz

HSC
N/A
hey fellows,

don't you reckon Dr. Porges is a great guy?

i've been ringing him every day for the past few weeks, and gosh, I just can't wait to see him.
Luke, i hope you're ready to "assume the position" when you arrrive at drews, cause in my room baby, no one can hear you scream....

Kanker

HSC
N/A
Jugz said:
hey fellows,

don't you reckon Dr. Porges is a great guy?

i've been ringing him every day for the past few weeks, and gosh, I just can't wait to see him.
Luke, i hope you're ready to "assume the position" when you arrrive at drews, cause in my room baby, no one can hear you scream....
Thankyou for that positive sentiment.

Again, Best Wishes

Boogert

HSC
N/A
I swear Smoz

One more time

I'm going to bed guys

Boogert

HSC
N/A
Kanker said:
Thankyou for that positive sentiment.

Again, Best Wishes

And isn't Woody just the best senior student.

I want him so bad.

I want woody.

OK, i'm going to bed guys.

Jugz

HSC
N/A
Ohh, I can think of a few things to do with woody's 'wood'.

You know, "lolly-pop" it.

By the way, I drink the most out of every one at drews. Yep, the most white sticky stuff that is.

Boogert

HSC
N/A
Jugz said:
Ohh, I can think of a few things to do with woody's 'wood'.

You know, "lolly-pop" it.

By the way, I drink the most out of every one at drews. Yep, the most white sticky stuff that is.
Hey man i like Smoz's wood.

But there is a problem. Smoz has a problem.

Problem. Pubes it Happens.

Hey Luke! Great Crotch Cut

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Boogert said:
Hey man i like Smoz's wood.

But there is a problem. Smoz has a problem.

Problem. Pubes it Happens.

Hey Luke! Great Crotch Cut
thanks. it means alot :rolleyes:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i know dextrose isnt whey protein. it has both. i just meants its not basic sugar. after a workout it doesnt really matter. short chains are probably better cause they get to where they are needed faster for recovery. but for use other times long chains are probably better.

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
probably...

but that isn't too much

you should be getting 2 grams for every kilo you weigh. I'm only getting like 20g more than that.
If you want to bulk properly, you might need more than that. I prefer the 1.5 grams for every pound of weight, which for you equates to over 260 g/day since you weigh 80kg. I'd always prefer to be sure that I'm over enough (or even way over enough) than to think that perhaps I could be under optimum.

As for protein waste, as long as most of your meals don't consist of actual supplements (i.e getting most of your protein sources from fast-acting protein), it shouldn't go to waste.

Collin

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
oh ok. im about 5 11 and68 kg so im fairly light.
Hey, you're pretty light indeed! I'm only 5'6, and 82kg. At the height of my bulk I was 86kg.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ive never been skinny and puny looking but im just light. at my best when i was about 5 9 i was 65kg and about 6% body fat. that when i was swimming heaps and had a gym program too.

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
melbournian said:
I've gained 5 kilos over summer, so I must be doing something right (and not too much fat).
If it works stick with it.

I need to get back to gym...5 months sitting and doing nothing has probably done some serious muscle loss and lower my fitness level, not to mention added body fat percentage.

Collin

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
ive never benn puny looking but im just light. at my best when i was about 5 9 i was 65kg and about 6% body fat. that when i was swimming heaps and had a gym program too.
5'9, 65kg and 6%? You would of looked pretty good, indeed.

melbournian said:
180 is more my minimum - i can count today 220 grams, excluding dinner (but that wasn't exactly a high protein meal). However, most sources i've read, and from people i know who have more of an idea tend to say 1 gram per pound, so in otherwords 2.2grams per kg. Not too sure. I've gained 5 kilos over summer, so I must be doing something right (and not too much fat).
1g per pound will certainly be good, but the only reason why I suggested 1.5g because it MAY tend to be even better. Different people have different physiologies, and hence different scopes of success at how much protein they can utilise for muscle mass growth. For some people eating 1g per pound compared to 1.5g per pound may not make any noticable difference, however for some it will. The point of me saying eating 1.5g per pound makes SURE that you're being totally optimum. Another reason why I suggest so high is because I can't really see any real flaws at all in your regimes, (besides the abs everyday deal). It seems you're going hardcore, and with that you require an equally hardcore diet.. one which may need you to eat more than what many builders recommend. In conclusion, 1.5g/day guarantees that you're definitely getting the MOST out of your hardcore plan.

5kg with minimal body fat gain over 3 months is actually very good. Congrats.

Oh, if you're not do try some shocking methods like drop/supersets. Partners work well for drop setting and similar stuff. With supersets, I like to super compound exercises with isolative ones, for example bench press with machine flys.. or shoulder presses with dumbell laterals etc... it fucks you up for a few days if you haven't done it for awhile.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah well i used to train for swimming quite regularly like at least 5 times a week then stopped and havent trained properly for about 6 months

Collin

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
Yeah, but I think I may have hit a plateau.
If you've hit a plateau, you've seriously gotta consider going on a proper bulk. If I were you, wait till true winter sets in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)