On line Study Group (1 Viewer)

yanni

i think its a good idea, i like it. hopefully there will people who will take advantage. :)

stace.

Hey guys...maths is my worst subject as well, always hated it...my little bro who's in year ten has been helping me with some of the stuff this year....thats saying something right?!....i really like the idea of this study group......

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Hey guys! Maybe someone could start the ball rolling and fire away with a question or a problem in General Maths. I'm a 2004 General Maths student, so I'll try to help out as much as possible, when I'm online! :D

NoToRiOuS87

i loved school soooo much
HSC
happening chick...what mark did u end up getting for maths.....
my question is.....theres five men and three women on a island..if one person is selected at random to leave, what ia the probability that this person is female

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
there is 8 people total on that island where 5 are male and 3 are female so therefore the probability that the person having to leave is female is 3/8 chance

HSC
Modern Hot Chic said:
OK, well...
Q:
Mean is 6.25%
Standard Deviation is 0.25 % Harlan gets a reading of 5.75% What is Harlan's reading as a z- score?
I learnt that today. Harlan's z-score would be -2 :D

Ha, how easy is general! i love it! i dont have to do anything and i pass all my exams with flying colours :p
How is everyone else finding general?

Last edited by a moderator:

7th Sign

HSC
can some on go through some detail like throw up pics and info on bearings, any info on hat would be good like worked answers.....I always seem to get the answers out but they seem to be wrong...bearings is like one of the semi hard things in general...probly my indian teacher has told the class how to do it wrong aswell :| :(

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
wow! i get so completely stuffed when it comes to the interquartlie range and the quartiles and box and whisker plots - anyone help me PLEASE

HSC
rightie said:
wow! i get so completely stuffed when it comes to the interquartlie range and the quartiles and box and whisker plots - anyone help me PLEASE
sorry its a bit late reply, but here is an example

note: i did a bad scale, Q3 - Q1 doesn't equal median (Q2) as it does in that example

Picle

HSC
ill help out too :) on going heaps mad in G maths only good subject
course work: 93% Trials:92%

ill help however i can :)

the_thomasu

HSC
NoToRiOuS87 said:
theres five men and three women on a island..if one person is selected at random to leave, what ia the probability that this person is female
It would obviously be 0% chance, as they'd whinge and cry about having to leave and eventually after no resolve one of the males would just go 'fck this, I'll leave the island... ffs..'

sally_33

HSC
if it asks us to copy and complete a table, draw a diagram or draw a graph are we supposed to use pencil??

danster

HSC
From my understanding the papers get crushed together causing pencil drawings and what not to be blurred. I do recomend however using a pencil to draw it at first (you may make a mistake!), then if you have time at the end; go over it with a pen.

heba_beba

HSC
awww

someone help me pleasee i cant get this question! 8.37 x 10^5 mg in tonnes is?

a) 8.37 x 10^14
b) 8.37 x 10^2
c) 8.37 x 10^-1
d) 8.37 x 10^-4

my answer was 8.37 x 10^-3 ( 8.37 x10^5 / 100 000 000 )

its not even there!!! someone help plz

52526Emmy

HSC
Can someone please help me with this im having a bit of trouble in the Linear and Non Linear Relationships topic, Parabolas. Apparantly

y= (x-3)squared +6
is equal to
y=xsquared - 6x+15

Could anyone tell me why and how? oh and sorry about the squared thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)