Post your artworks! (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
This is my biggest masterpiece of pure drawing/art last year about one of the most daunting things I did last year.

Made purely on snag.gy. Did not even use paint.
Just goes to show you that it's not just about the graphical fidelity of the masterpiece, but also the emotions it evokes :)

Name: The Individual
Paper
Red pen

It's a full hectic drawing bruh !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bro, your irl sig looks so sick! I used to draw those S's all the time in primary - keeping it real man :)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Just goes to show you that it's not just about the graphical fidelity of the masterpiece, but also the emotions it evokes :)

Bro, your irl sig looks so sick! I used to draw those S's all the time in primary - keeping it real man :)
Haha thx man.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Whoa, you did a great job! Amazing replica.

I see your point. But as the rule goes - with abstract concepts come dramatic titles, LOL. But I do quite like it a lot tbh. Do you tend to take a more methodic approach to your artmaking, or is it more instinctual?

Also, you're joking right? I drew that thing in year 5 and the shading is terrible. The thing behind the tower is a hat btw (biggest artistic disappointment I've ever committed :lol:). It was created during one of my art lessons outside of school, and yeah, the shadows are wonky.

Artworks with INK?

...Mate.
My style has always been similar (serious-y type sketching, shading, no colour etc) and it actually is massively influenced by Yugioh (both the tcg and anime) though it has involved as I always wanted it to be more realistic in details.
Regarding the actual drawing, when I'm bored I just 'go with the flow' and just see whatever comes to mind, I gradually build up to something and usually change slowly into something different - laziness I guess haha.

But sometimes, I get different ideas like this one(http://i.imgur.com/XIoLyKG.png) and get the urge to draw them instead - I saved drawings at different durations on my phone (hence the similar looking creature).

How about you? LOL, post more of your CURRENT artworks not ones from 7-8 years ago gosh hahaha

You must be an art genius, either that or I am way too easily impressed (inb4 pointing out Square's and Menomath's epic drawings).

And what's wrong with ink? Saving best for last or maybe your user name is actually a twisted, ironic expression where you actually hate ink? haha

OHHHHH I DREW AT LOT IN ENGLISH BUT I THREW MY BOOK OUT :(

Lame :(
HAHAHA, YES :D

Jokes, I understand how you feel - my maths/English books (where I have a couple of drawings) are locked away in the garage, but I'm too lazy to get them.

dirty_ink

HSC
nerdasd as d dsd a, do post your pro photos~

My style has always been similar (serious-y type sketching, shading, no colour etc) and it actually is massively influenced by Yugioh (both the tcg and anime) though it has involved as I always wanted it to be more realistic in details.
Regarding the actual drawing, when I'm bored I just 'go with the flow' and just see whatever comes to mind, I gradually build up to something and usually change slowly into something different - laziness I guess haha.

But sometimes, I get different ideas like this one(http://i.imgur.com/XIoLyKG.png) and get the urge to draw them instead - I saved drawings at different durations on my phone (hence the similar looking creature).

How about you? LOL, post more of your CURRENT artworks not ones from 7-8 years ago gosh hahaha

You must be an art genius, either that or I am way too easily impressed (inb4 pointing out Square's and Menomath's epic drawings).

And what's wrong with ink? Saving best for last or maybe your user name is actually a twisted, ironic expression where you actually hate ink? haha
Whoa, now I feel like an asshole for insulting Yugioh at one point in another thread :/ But it's great that your style has been able to evolve. And actually, there are quite a few famous artists who take up the same method of artmaking that you do, so the real question is - are you an artistic prodigy? :p

I like that robot/transformer looking guy in the background. He looks ready to battle tbh.

I usually take a methodic approach tbh, because I find that whenever I try to be instinctual about it, it doesn't work since I'm very definitely aware that I'm trying, if that makes sense? I envy people who are able to go with the flow.

Well Square and Meno's little pieces of beauty are difficult to go up against :lol: so simplistic, so perfect.

There will be no best for last, LOL. I actually don't like working with ink as of now because I suck at it. It just looks like murky watercolour, or as if someone spilled cola on paper ffs.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdasd as d dsd a, do post your pro photos~

Whoa, now I feel like an asshole for insulting Yugioh at one point in another thread :/ But it's great that your style has been able to evolve. And actually, there are quite a few famous artists who take up the same method of artmaking that you do, so the real question is - are you an artistic prodigy? :p

I like that robot/transformer looking guy in the background. He looks ready to battle tbh.

I usually take a methodic approach tbh, because I find that whenever I try to be instinctual about it, it doesn't work since I'm very definitely aware that I'm trying, if that makes sense? I envy people who are able to go with the flow.

Well Square and Meno's little pieces of beauty are difficult to go up against :lol: so simplistic, so perfect.

There will be no best for last, LOL. I actually don't like working with ink as of now because I suck at it. It just looks like murky watercolour, or as if someone spilled cola on paper ffs.
Ffs

I have a few thousand to pick from ....

dirty_ink

HSC
Wow, they're amazing! There's something about the first photo that caught me though :p

If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, they're amazing! There's something about the first photo that caught me though :p

If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?
Nikon D3100, processed using photoshop CC

CaptainPrice

HSC

Dw about it haha, :)

I doubt I could ever get serious about Art honestly, I've always felt it was a waste of time - my parents always were pressuring me for medicine, and art was useless for that haha. It's only now that I think it can be somewhat useful, and I plan to try and get better at it in my spare time.

I am also way too lazy with my drawings, like I can plan it out or half finish it and just feel as if I want someone else to finish it. Do you ever feel that way? The picture I linked you is a perfect example LOL

I suppose it's like you have an image burned in your mind you're trying to create?

Anything is art, even cola spilt on paper, as long as people find meaning in it ;)

dirty_ink

HSC
Dw about it haha, :)

I doubt I could ever get serious about Art honestly, I've always felt it was a waste of time - my parents always were pressuring me for medicine, and art was useless for that haha. It's only now that I think it can be somewhat useful, and I plan to try and get better at it in my spare time.

I am also way too lazy with my drawings, like I can plan it out or half finish it and just feel as if I want someone else to finish it. Do you ever feel that way? The picture I linked you is a perfect example LOL

I suppose it's like you have an image burned in your mind you're trying to create?

Anything is art, even cola spilt on paper, as long as people find meaning in it ;)
Parents and their nagging haha. I assume you were able to persuade them to let you do what you're eager to do? And yeah, practice makes perfect, although that can be hard to do when everyone around you is goofing off :rolleyes: Do you have any computational designs to share btw?

Yeah true, the willingness to carry on can literally disappear in a moments notice. Sometimes you come up with a grand mental image and when you put pencil to paper (or whichever medium you prefer) the idea just doesn't want to grow. Really frustrating when that happens.

Lol, sure, sure. People will interpret that as someone being a clumsy idiot :lol:

CaptainPrice

HSC
Parents and their nagging haha. I assume you were able to persuade them to let you do what you're eager to do? And yeah, practice makes perfect, although that can be hard to do when everyone around you is goofing off :rolleyes: Do you have any computational designs to share btw?

Yeah true, the willingness to carry on can literally disappear in a moments notice. Sometimes you come up with a grand mental image and when you put pencil to paper (or whichever medium you prefer) the idea just doesn't want to grow. Really frustrating when that happens.

Lol, sure, sure. People will interpret that as someone being a clumsy idiot :lol:
You assume correct, definitely not art, but I'm aiming to mix it up with my compsci degree anyway :)
Yes, exactly, the thing is that I'm a bit of a (lazy) daydreamer perfectionist, so if I think up of an idea, once I start it and realise it's not looking the way I imagined or the work is a lot more than initially thought, I just ceebs on it.

I used to mess around in Photoshop/Paint a lot in year 9, getting distracted with school laptops, but my laptop broke down and I can't seem to find them

The only closest thing I can show you are the two intros I made during my short-lived YouTube career -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se8Rlz6ydz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2QOYW44SVs

If you'd like a YouTube shoutout, just ask ;) hahahaha

dirty_ink

HSC
You assume correct, definitely not art, but I'm aiming to mix it up with my compsci degree anyway :)
Yes, exactly, the thing is that I'm a bit of a (lazy) daydreamer perfectionist, so if I think up of an idea, once I start it and realise it's not looking the way I imagined or the work is a lot more than initially thought, I just ceebs on it.

I used to mess around in Photoshop/Paint a lot in year 9, getting distracted with school laptops, but my laptop broke down and I can't seem to find them

The only closest thing I can show you are the two intros I made during my short-lived YouTube career -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se8Rlz6ydz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2QOYW44SVs

If you'd like a YouTube shoutout, just ask ;) hahahaha
Sounds good :) Be sure to update me as to which major you're going to choose/ have chosen sometime in the future.

Lol, Paint is still pretty epic tbh, so much you can do on it and a glorious time waster. Are you a pro at Photoshop? I'm less than terrible ;_;

Nice, nice, are they the intros for other youtubers? I had no clue what they were at first but the comments helped. Nice sound effects mate. Talk about tech savvy hey.

Will do, but how about I rep you if you say something ridiculous?

Here is something from last year (sorry for the bad image quality)

fyi had to scribble the centre of the mirror because I drew my reflection :rolleyes:

CaptainPrice

HSC
Sounds good :) Be sure to update me as to which major you're going to choose/ have chosen sometime in the future.

Lol, Paint is still pretty epic tbh, so much you can do on it and a glorious time waster. Are you a pro at Photoshop? I'm less than terrible ;_;

Nice, nice, are they the intros for other youtubers? I had no clue what they were at first but the comments helped. Nice sound effects mate. Talk about tech savvy hey.

Will do, but how about I rep you if you say something ridiculous?

Here is something from last year (sorry for the bad image quality)

fyi had to scribble the centre of the mirror because I drew my reflection :rolleyes:
Sure, likewise for yourself!

I remember what I used to do was make a drawing in paint, fill it with colours of the 'bucket' option and place it in Photoshop and add some effects - got some pretty sweet styles from that!

I know a few tools, haven't touched in a while tbh, I used to watch a ton of YouTube tutorials. EvanEckard was a favourite, I loved this piece the most -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rt09rgcsbM

Eh, they were for kiddy gaming clans, nothing big - I used After Effects, Sony Vegas and Cinema4d.

Anything for rep, pls, I need rep :D

Woah, nicely done, I love the pencil, brush and mirror - cool shading/lighting. The left side seems as if it's a hot flash of light rather than sunshine (is that what you were going for?)
I guess your painting evokes the feelings of a lazy afternoon of drawing?

Wow, the reflection must've been pretty lifelike - easy there art prodigy :)

oooh so artistic! I only do designing for jewellery and décor so maybe I'll find something
That would be a nice change from all the drawings and paintings!

Last edited:

dirty_ink

HSC
Sure, likewise for yourself!

I remember what I used to do was make a drawing in paint, fill it with colours of the 'bucket' option and place it in Photoshop and add some effects - got some pretty sweet styles from that!

I know a few tools, haven't touched in a while tbh, I used to watch a ton of YouTube tutorials. EvanEckard was a favourite, I loved this piece the most -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rt09rgcsbM

Eh, they were for kiddy gaming clans, nothing big - I used After Effects, Sony Vegas and Cinema4d.

Anything for rep, pls, I need rep :D

Woah, nicely done, I love the pencil, brush and mirror - cool shading/lighting. The left side seems as if it's a hot flash of light rather than sunshine (is that what you were going for?)
I guess your painting evokes the feelings of a lazy afternoon of drawing?

Wow, the reflection must've been pretty lifelike - easy there art prodigy :)
Haha, will try those methods sometime :p Hopefully something half decent will emerge although I can't say how likely that is.

Cool video :) No idea how he did it, but man, all that layering and texturing is amazing. Did not expect him to make major changes to the eyes at the end tbh. Love video tutorials.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm glad the shading turned out alright - it was so miserable in the early stages. And yes, because I was hoping light would create more of a contrast with the the more grounded coolness of the left side :/ It's meant to be a self portrait of sorts, what with my personal belongings and my reflection in the mirror, although I am definitely pleased by your interpretation (mood-wise at least) :p

LOL, your comment made me realise that I sounded a bit snobby. Didn't mean to at all~
(the drawing was more sketch-y)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)