Post your artworks! (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
Haha, will try those methods sometime :p Hopefully something half decent will emerge although I can't say how likely that is.

Cool video :) No idea how he did it, but man, all that layering and texturing is amazing. Did not expect him to make major changes to the eyes at the end tbh. Love video tutorials.

Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm glad the shading turned out alright - it was so miserable in the early stages. And yes, because I was hoping light would create more of a contrast with the the more grounded coolness of the left side :/ It's meant to be a self portrait of sorts, what with my personal belongings and my reflection in the mirror, although I am definitely pleased by your interpretation (mood-wise at least) :p

LOL, your comment made me realise that I sounded a bit snobby. Didn't mean to at all~
(the drawing was more sketch-y)
Funny thing was that I asked him once whether he liked using a mouse or pencil/pen better, and surprisingly he replied with mouse. This was also when I was first starting out with a mouse and it frustrated me how slow and cumbersome it felt like!

Why not try editing that picture you just uploaded?

Oh wait...

Can this count as my own? hahaha

Took around 10 -12 mins, I'm starting to regret adding the blur effect to the right lol

I have no idea what I do sometimes but I randomly draw on my collection of colourful paper
I have a whole box collection of them lol

A draft design of a laptop skin
You're style is so sick! You must have a thing for patterns :p

dirty_ink

HSC
Funny thing was that I asked him once whether he liked using a mouse or pencil/pen better, and surprisingly he replied with mouse. This was also when I was first starting out with a mouse and it frustrated me how slow and cumbersome it felt like!

Why not try editing that picture you just uploaded?

Oh wait...

Can this count as my own? hahaha

Took around 10 -12 mins, I'm starting to regret adding the blur effect to the right lol
That is a surprise. He didn't sound entirely enthralled with digital art in the video lol. And yeah, that's the thing that gets me - the mouse just seems slow and not as precise as using your hand.

And LOL nice editing and show of ze pro skillz :lol: Now it looks more like a collage than a painting. What a beaut.

You can have her. But tell me mate - what will you name her?

CaptainPrice

HSC
That is a surprise. He didn't sound entirely enthralled with digital art in the video lol. And yeah, that's the thing that gets me - the mouse just seems slow and not as precise as using your hand.

And LOL nice editing and show of ze pro skillz :lol: Now it looks more like a collage than a painting. What a beaut.

You can have her. But tell me mate - what will you name her?
More like show of 'zero pro skillz'.

I will name her 'Drawing at Dawn', it reminds me of waking up early mornings during highschool pre-HSC, and doing whatever: drawing, on the computer, gaming, assignments etc - definitely a contrast when compared to your 'lazy afternoon' hahaha

So are you planning to move to digital soon? I think a lot of design work gets done mainly digitally nowadays...

dirty_ink

HSC
More like show of 'zero pro skillz'.

I will name her 'Drawing at Dawn', it reminds me of waking up early mornings during highschool pre-HSC, and doing whatever: drawing, on the computer, gaming, assignments etc - definitely a contrast when compared to your 'lazy afternoon' hahaha

So are you planning to move to digital soon? I think a lot of design work gets done mainly digitally nowadays...
Haha, sounds quite fitting then :)

Yeah, that's true. I don't think I'll be willing to move on to digital in the near future mainly because it's pretty foreign to me, but I figure that small doses and experiments will help get me there eventually, you know? The design program in the dual degree I want is meant to encompass introductions into various programs on the digital platform and then some anyway. Will be counting my life on that, so... smooth sailing, I hope :rolleyes:

Do you have an idea as to what sort of career you'd like to pursue post university, or what you hope to achieve?

CaptainPrice

HSC
Haha, sounds quite fitting then :)

Yeah, that's true. I don't think I'll be willing to move on to digital in the near future mainly because it's pretty foreign to me, but I figure that small doses and experiments will help get me there eventually, you know? The design program in the dual degree I want is meant to encompass introductions into various programs on the digital platform and then some anyway. Will be counting my life on that, so... smooth sailing, I hope :rolleyes:

Do you have an idea as to what sort of career you'd like to pursue post university, or what you hope to achieve?
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but trust me, it is not that foreign at all. You can even start experimenting and mucking around in Photoshop right now! I personally thought there was a lot more freedom in the digital world than the physical: in terms of convenience.

I suppose you'll be bringing a laptop to those classes then? If you find yourself still yearning to use your own hand, I recommend buying a Graphics tablet!

For career, a software developer sounds cool, but I'd honestly would like to develop my own thing as well. So one thing I'd hope to achieve in uni would be to attempt at one of my own ideas - I'm sure you yourself or others have thought of this as well!

However, besides that, I have no idea, things can change a lot in 3 years haha :)

How about you, what would you like to do? Future Jonathan Ive?

dirty_ink

HSC
how do you post a photo :(
There's an icon that is the third from the right on the 'Quick Reply' box that lets you insert an image. Or if you prefer, you could upload an image from your computer on to imgur (an image hosting site). From there, copy the image URL you will be provided with on the right and paste it here.

dirty_ink

HSC
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but trust me, it is not that foreign at all. You can even start experimenting and mucking around in Photoshop right now! I personally thought there was a lot more freedom in the digital world than the physical: in terms of convenience.

I suppose you'll be bringing a laptop to those classes then? If you find yourself still yearning to use your own hand, I recommend buying a Graphics tablet!

For career, a software developer sounds cool, but I'd honestly would like to develop my own thing as well. So one thing I'd hope to achieve in uni would be to attempt at one of my own ideas - I'm sure you yourself or others have thought of this as well!

However, besides that, I have no idea, things can change a lot in 3 years haha :)

How about you, what would you like to do? Future Jonathan Ive?
Well, I acknowledge your point about the convenience of Photoshop. It's not like you'd have to work on a drawing or painting for a half hour to create a certain effect. And yeah, I'll be bringing my big laptop everywhere on campus even though it'll be a pain. As for the graphics tablet - we'll see haha (I am curious about it now though). I prefer just carrying a pad and some charcoal or something tbh. Will probably be one of those dreaded hip students lounging on the grass just chilling and being all artsy. Come and say hi :lol: jk

Are you thinking of relying solely on your laptop and the computer labs on campus?

A software developer, whether for public or private use, sounds awesome! It'd be cool if in the future you'd be able to document your original content in its beta stages through to its completion (if you want of course!) If there's any chance that it will happen, I'll sure as hell look forward to it~

Atm, I like the idea of collaborating with other individuals to create certain designs or layouts for companies for their campaigns etc. Not really sure what kind of companies, but it'd be interesting to work with groups that deal with raising social awareness and the likes. That or maybe work for art magazines hahaha. Down the road, I have no idea. Maybe I'll have the chance to contribute to SMH's Spectrum. Whatever goes. But yeah, things will definitely change down the road, it's pretty inevitable.

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
There's an icon that is the third from the right on the 'Quick Reply' box that lets you insert an image. Or if you prefer, you could upload an image from your computer on to imgur (an image hosting site). From there, copy the image URL you will be provided with on the right and paste it here.
For imgur Theres image link, direct link, marksown, html etc.
Which code do i use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)