Post your artworks! (1 Viewer)

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
I would post something I drew in drawing class when I was like 5, but unfortunately I only drew bob the builder, deformed flowers and a way too curvy chick.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Well, I acknowledge your point about the convenience of Photoshop. It's not like you'd have to work on a drawing or painting for a half hour to create a certain effect. And yeah, I'll be bringing my big laptop everywhere on campus even though it'll be a pain. As for the graphics tablet - we'll see haha (I am curious about it now though). I prefer just carrying a pad and some charcoal or something tbh. Will probably be one of those dreaded hip students lounging on the grass just chilling and being all artsy. Come and say hi :lol: jk

Are you thinking of relying solely on your laptop and the computer labs on campus?

A software developer, whether for public or private use, sounds awesome! It'd be cool if in the future you'd be able to document your original content in its beta stages through to its completion (if you want of course!) If there's any chance that it will happen, I'll sure as hell look forward to it~

Atm, I like the idea of collaborating with other individuals to create certain designs or layouts for companies for their campaigns etc. Not really sure what kind of companies, but it'd be interesting to work with groups that deal with raising social awareness and the likes. That or maybe work for art magazines hahaha. Down the road, I have no idea. Maybe I'll have the chance to contribute to SMH's Spectrum. Whatever goes. But yeah, things will definitely change down the road, it's pretty inevitable.
I have a big laptop as well, and a really crappy battery life. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, asked around on info day and for the electives (COMP1917, computational design?) I'll be doing, the lab computers should be sufficient. Semester 2, my mind may change.

Well being a Graphic Designer and hipster already go hand in hand nowadays, don't they? LOL hahaha :D

I'll say hi of course! Now that I know you'll be carrying a laptop around, totally a rare thing nowadays. /s

Yes, definitely, I regret doing the same to my drawings. Software is all digital, so it should be a LOT easier to archive them - I'm thinking of developing my own blog, so you along with everyone else will be able to see them :)

That sounds so exciting, I can see why you chose PR and advertising! I think one of the coolest things nowadays is social awareness, no matter how small or big the issue, with the right campaign you can spread awareness to everyone around the globe. Ice bucket challenge was practically genius, Kony 2012 was brilliant as well etc
I hope to volunteer or work on one during uni, that would be pretty cool honestly.

I hope you also try to experiment further as well, stuff like UI/UX, web design, logos, animation - you never know what you might enjoy! ;)

CaptainPrice

HSC
lol i tried
Man, the dog looks so realistic, especially its fur! I like the simplistic approach you used for the background :)

Aah, and the ironic yet sad twist! Dogs can't distinguish most colours that humans can, hence this particular dog is expressing its sadness at the inability to view the colours around him :(

I was about to buy a Surface 2 almost (Vivo tab to be precise), how is the surface 3 faring for you? Is the sketching pressure sensitive?

CaptainPrice

HSC
I guess this is a kind of art/artwork, something I've been working on for a website:

So sleek, so cool, awesome font! Love the minimalism! Is this for Multimedia, or do you do Web Design during your free time?

Futureunswmedstudent

HSC
Man, the dog looks so realistic, especially its fur! I like the simplistic approach you used for the background :)

Aah, and the ironic yet sad twist! Dogs can't distinguish most colours that humans can, hence this particular dog is expressing its sadness at the inability to view the colours around him :(

I was about to buy a Surface 2 almost (Vivo tab to be precise), how is the surface 3 faring for you? Is the sketching pressure sensitive?
Haha i didnt think that much when i did the background and dog's expression. Lets pretend i did that to make it deep and meaningful ;)

The surface has 20 pen pressure points, which is a lot actually compared to my old samsung tablet pc which had 3 i think. Its really good for drawing :) its not too sensitive though. At times i thought i was making scratches on it when i was pressing hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainPrice

HSC
Since everyone has posted a lot more, I guess I should post another one :)

It's been more than a year, but I can definitely notice some obvious issues with this one. Both the black claws of the left and white wing on the right look clunky. The white, bubbly background could use some more natural patterns (can see some background fade of my fingers swiping). Still proud of thinking of the effect though - not too bad on a 5.5 inch screen I guess. :D

dirty_ink

HSC
I have a big laptop as well, and a really crappy battery life. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, asked around on info day and for the electives (COMP1917, computational design?) I'll be doing, the lab computers should be sufficient. Semester 2, my mind may change.

Well being a Graphic Designer and hipster already go hand in hand nowadays, don't they? LOL hahaha :D

I'll say hi of course! Now that I know you'll be carrying a laptop around, totally a rare thing nowadays. /s

Yes, definitely, I regret doing the same to my drawings. Software is all digital, so it should be a LOT easier to archive them - I'm thinking of developing my own blog, so you along with everyone else will be able to see them :)

That sounds so exciting, I can see why you chose PR and advertising! I think one of the coolest things nowadays is social awareness, no matter how small or big the issue, with the right campaign you can spread awareness to everyone around the globe. Ice bucket challenge was practically genius, Kony 2012 was brilliant as well etc
I hope to volunteer or work on one during uni, that would be pretty cool honestly.

I hope you also try to experiment further as well, stuff like UI/UX, web design, logos, animation - you never know what you might enjoy! ;)
It does take a pretty long time to find and then decide on the devices that suit your chosen degree, and even then, it's about the investment :/ Any good/bad experiences with particular laptops or tablets you'd be able to share?

And what? I thought hipsters were only Arts students and that those doing Art&Design subjects were exempt from this sort of prejudice because it's to be expected :lol: Well, at least I get to climb to new heights (get it?)

A blog sounds wicked, and I was thinking of doing the same thing tbh. It'd be great for both sharing fun things with others and showcasing your work to audiences - which I reckon would definitely open doors in one way or another. Anyway, this will just have to be another thing you can update us on :)

Yeah, there's always a social issue to be confronted tbh, and it'd be great to spread social awareness. I agree that the mentioned projects were highly successful (bloody hell, the power of the internet, seriously :lol:) although it's a bit of a shame that the Ice bucket challenge appears on the verge of being a bit gimmicky since some people undertake it without knowing the original intentions behind said challenge.

Haha, volunteering sounds like a definite winner. Hopefully, there are some promising societies which offer such opportunities. May there also be societies in which free food may be scabbed LOL.

Yep, must try everything for sure!

Randomly just considered the possibility of you creating something like Sims. What. Please happen.

dirty_ink

HSC
Since everyone has posted a lot more, I guess I should post another one :)

It's been more than a year, but I can definitely notice some obvious issues with this one. Both the black claws of the left and white wing on the right look clunky. The white, bubbly background could use some more natural patterns (can see some background fade of my fingers swiping). Still proud of thinking of the effect though - not too bad on a 5.5 inch screen I guess. :D
Didn't even notice these 'issues' tbh - looked intentional to me. Also, is that hair that's flying around?

I like the background effects and the sketch-y way you drew the figure. Kind of dreamlike.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Would have loved to post an artwork on this thread, unfortunately file size greater than the allowed limit. But a big shout out to all the awesome artworks that have been posted on this thread yet-all of them are beautiful in different ways-keep the art coming:)

dirty_ink

HSC
Would have loved to post an artwork on this thread, unfortunately file size greater than the allowed limit. But a big shout out to all the awesome artworks that have been posted on this thread yet-all of them are beautiful in different ways-keep the art coming:)
I hope to see at least a doodle of yours one day :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope to see at least a doodle of yours one day :)
I think I found a way out after all-limits invokes creative thinking which in turns invokes opportunities:). I have posted up ten artworks from an immense art collection (been drawing for well over 10 years now) to share in this link:)-hopefully it works-comments and critiques welcome:)

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=013D932C5D86BB4F&id=13D932C5D86BB4F!125

Should add, all are hand drawn, each took many hours, some are pen on paper, others are colour pencils, although I do oil paintings occasionally, don't do it a lot though because every time I think about washing brushes with turpentine, my head gets a massive headache:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)