Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (5 Viewers)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
A 0.2845 g sample of impure sodium carbonate required 24.65 mL of an HCl solution for
titration. A 0.2204 g sample of pure sodium carbonate required 20.06 mL of the HCl solution
of the same concentration.
What is the percentage of sodium carbonate in the sample?
Is it 95.18%? (that's probably wrong, I did that in a verrryyy weird way)

HSC
I'm sure any good math student would assert that less emphasis on rote learning and more emphasis on understanding and deriving the formulas is a lot more beneficial. Isn't that why logical students are better than rote students at math? (I don't see any bio people doing well in 4U as a massive generalisation lol)

Pshh and you think chem is logical har har
Bold part - I agree and i am one of the minority who love both the subjects and are doing well :p hahah what's your definition of well? Out of 120 what do you think is 'well', in HSC papers or trial papers whichever you prefer

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Bold part - I agree and i am one of the minority who love both the subjects and are doing well :p hahah what's your definition of well? Out of 120 what do you think is 'well', in HSC papers or trial papers whichever you prefer
I bet your definition of well is 1-3/120.. while mine is lower

QZP

HSC
95.20%

(24.65/20.06 x 0.2204) /0.2845

QZP

HSC
Is there 120 marks in the bio paper?? o_O or is this a rank.
Paper then 90+

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I'm sure any good math student would assert that less emphasis on rote learning and more emphasis on understanding and deriving the formulas is a lot more beneficial. Isn't that why logical students are better than rote students at math? (I don't see any bio people doing well in 4U as a massive generalisation lol)

Pshh and you think chem is logical har har
Maybe I'm disillusioned because my school is weird or something, but yeah actually, the rote kids smash math. My best friend is crazy good at math, but also really lazy. Even though he's more logical than the others in his class, and is the only one who actually understands what he's doing, the others have all memorised exactly how to respond to questions that look a certain way, while he hasn't remembered half the formulae he needs for an exam.

QZP

HSC
Oh.. well then E4 at least :p

QZP

HSC
Is my solution wrong or something? I don't accept this 0.02 difference. ONE OF US IS RIGHT AND ONE IS WRONG!

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Is my solution wrong or something? I don't accept this 0.02 difference. ONE OF US IS RIGHT AND ONE IS WRONG!
Probably me, I rounded before the end because I was lazy and this isn't my HSC haha

QZP

HSC
Oh ok. I will be doing phys now goodbye

HSC
Maybe I'm disillusioned because my school is weird or something, but yeah actually, the rote kids smash math. My best friend is crazy good at math, but also really lazy. Even though he's more logical than the others in his class, and is the only one who actually understands what he's doing, the others have all memorised exactly how to respond to questions that look a certain way, while he hasn't remembered half the formulae he needs for an exam.
Hence why the rote learners in math will tend to do bad in HSC papers as questions are more application based. Their not textbook questions, or predictable trial papers.

zhertec

HSC
I didn't round anything and got 95.195% so I would of got QZP's answer..weird..

QZP

HSC
wtf I got it wrong?? How did you do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)