Racial discrimination in HSC language courses (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Wait, isn't financialwar the same troll who said they were thinking of getting their sister to do the HSC at age 9?
yes, we worked so hard to get her into selective high school and now we have to deal with the board of studies with this background/continuer issue because the principal thinks my sister should do background instead of continuer despite my parents declaration, passport and academic history checks.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you mean by this?

Also why not heritage?
to do a "higher" level of language; one must qualify their background, where they are from etc. would you think i would be approved to study chinese? (you may not know me but i am black)

he maybe forgot to type the heritage part

Thief

!!
HSC
to do a "higher" level of language; one must qualify their background, where they are from etc. would you think i would be approved to study chinese? (you may not know me but i am black)

he maybe forgot to type the heritage part
Nah I mean he keeps saying background vs continuers, but there's a heritage course that's in between the continuers and background.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
sorry forgot to include heritage.

Yeah, we don't want to do heritage nor background. Just continuer and extensions.

Standard English
Maths
Japanese continuer and extension
Chinese continuer and extension
Korean continuer

for year 11

Thief

!!
HSC
sorry forgot to include heritage.

Yeah, we don't want to do heritage nor background. Just continuer and extensions.

Standard English
Maths
Japanese continuer and extension
Chinese continuer and extension
Korean continuer

for year 11
I read in a previous post of yours that your sister lived in Japan? That would automatically negate her from doing continuers if she was going to school there and was learning the language.

And why don't you want her to do heritage? If she's a smart girl, then you should be pushing her to the best of her abilities and NOT just letting her coast by because she already knows Japanese/Chinese. That doesn't seem very fair.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Because she can get an higher ATAR if she does continuer and she can do three units instead of two for Chinese and Japanese.

Who goes through 2 years of HSC to "learn", the goal of HSC is ATAR maximisation so that we can get into uni.

Thief

!!
HSC
Because she can get an higher ATAR if she does continuer and she can do three units instead of two for Chinese and Japanese.

Who goes through 2 years of HSC to "learn", the goal of HSC is ATAR maximisation so that we can get into uni.
Well you can't get higher than a 99.95 atar. Just get her to do 4U maths since you said she was good at math, that'd be easy for her, right? If she's smart and tries hard (or is forced to try hard) she can do well regardless of subject choices.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Lol, it's sad that this is true

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
How is she going to handle the speaking component of the extension languages? Giving a three minute speech with only 7 minutes preparation time on a completely random topic (ie. global warming, social media) is no mean feet even for an adult in their native langauge, let alone a 9 year old.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
How is she going to handle the speaking component of the extension languages? Giving a three minute speech with only 7 minutes preparation time on a completely random topic (ie. global warming, social media) is no mean feet even for an adult in their native langauge, let alone a 9 year old.
I would think that the hard part would be thinking of what to speak about the topic, I mean if you're fluent in the language it shouldn't be a problem right?

financialwar

HSC
N/A
The way I look at it, even if she does screw up her HSC, she can always repeat the subject again next year until we get a good ATAR, or do a internal transfer in uni, if my sister is going to waste 11 years before HSC, might as well just do the HSC.

Thief

!!
HSC
The way I look at it, even if she does screw up her HSC, she can always repeat the subject again next year until we get a good ATAR, or do a internal transfer in uni, if my sister is going to waste 11 years before HSC, might as well just do the HSC.
It's completely her decision though. Please don't rule her life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)