Reputation points. (1 Viewer)

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah it's the student who decides if notes are good quality, because it is the student that needs them. If submitted notes are crap, you won't see many "thankyou so much!" posts. I would believe that if notes were crap, the first person to download and view them would surely make their opinion known through a post.

As I said before, you can't ask or demand for rep. It's a violation of the new rep regulations.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
can we still rep posts in non school? like, we can rep them but they won;t get any points for it. then we can still show we like their post, but they don't need points.
I havent tried it yet but the box still opens up where it asks for a comment this is opposed to where it doesn't show at all if you havent repped enough people since.

santaslayer

HSC
dezzy said:
so if we ask for them we get them, if our notes are quality?!

humph!
I think you'll get rep even if you don't ask for them. Provided that your notes are of somme decent quality. :)

EDIT: by people who read them that is.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Xayma said:
I havent tried it yet but the box still opens up where it asks for a comment this is opposed to where it doesn't show at all if you havent repped enough people since.
i tried it on you

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
woah woah woah. so in my signature (points down to signature) i have that little thing where i say if one of my posts was helpful, please rep me. is that a violation of the new rep policy then?

I thought that it was only against the rules to ASK for rep. I am simply reminding people that if one of my posts is helpful, then rep me. Cos i know i sure as hell forget to rep people even if something i read is helpful. I'm 10 times more likely to rep them if they have a little "please rep me" in their sig....

.... wonders if i should remove my rep thing in sig.... ?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
nice little loophole you found there...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well i just re-read anti's post, and they only said that people BEGGING for rep.
I'm not beggin for rep, only merely reminding people.

I haven't been asked to remove it yet, so i presume it isn't a problem. But i will if they want me to. No-body else has commented on it yet, so i guess thats ok then.

then again, my last two reps have been grey.... oh ok (its was because they were n00bs) :)

can someone clarify please? ta!

J

jhakka

Reps are grey if someone has a reputation less than 10 and/or has less than 50 posts.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yeah i know that. what i want to know is, is what i have in my sig (points down) a violation of forum rules?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
i tried it on you
It has a green box, and with two reps since I last measured it has gone up by 12, and the other person doesnt give near that :confused: implying it counts.

santaslayer

HSC
ujuphleg said:
yeah i know that. what i want to know is, is what i have in my sig (points down) a violation of forum rules?
Well you are begging arn't you? :p

Maybe something that actually reminds them...don't use the word 'please'. ...:p

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a question that has probably been answered numerous times already.

Some people I rep have a negative rep option. Others don't. What circumstances allow you to give a negative rep (instead of giving a postive one, where you voice your disapproval)?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
I got a question that has probably been answered numerous times already.

Some people I rep have a negative rep option. Others don't. What circumstances allow you to give a negative rep (instead of giving a postive one, where you voice your disapproval)?
you can never give negative rep....

who can you negative rep?

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wasn't there a "I agree/ I disagree" reputation option?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Xayma said:
It has a green box, and with two reps since I last measured it has gone up by 12, and the other person doesnt give near that :confused: implying it counts.
ahah so yeah, this new policy is really working and all

i'll give you a proper reason for your rep now - you're most definitely a valuable, helpful member who makes a great contribution to this forum.

edit: just checked my rep and i have also got repped in NS and it counted

and neg reps are working for some people? they shouldn't , no wonder some people have been asking silly questions about neg rep

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
ahah so yeah, this new policy is really working and all

i'll give you a proper reason for your rep now - you're most definitely a valuable, helpful member who makes a great contribution to this forum.

edit: just checked my rep and i have also got repped in NS and it counted

and neg reps are working for some people? they shouldn't , no wonder some people have been asking silly questions about neg rep
can moderators change rep pts of others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)