PHIL 242 - P
LAW 205 - p
LAW 204 - p

but it'll end up more like this.

MUS 202 - P
PHIL 242 - P
LAW 205 - p
LAW 204 - F :chainsaw:

i had a dream i failed contracts too. seemed so real.

my gpa of 2.0 is coming along nicely :cool:
I highly doubt you would have failed Contracts even without knowing your ability. It takes serious effort to fail... And crim is one of the easier law subjects in getting a Credit or better.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
I highly doubt you would have failed Contracts even without knowing your ability. It takes serious effort to fail... And crim is one of the easier law subjects in getting a Credit or better.
hehe. well, he is going to feel extra-shit if he does actally fail now! :p

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
iwannarock said:
i had a dream i failed contracts too. seemed so real.
I had a dream a few days after the contract exam that I screwed it up. I went into the exam with no notes, and so I was making them up and oh, it was so terrible!

I want my marks back so I can see whether I can justify having a nice holiday...

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i always have dreams after exams, started after i finished the hsc and i would wake up thinking i still had an exam left, even though hsc finsihed 2 months earlier!!!

most recent dream was that i failed stat170, i got 44 so i couldnt even get a PC ...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i had a dream about exams.

i got hd d cr.

but i also got a 26 for accg200, and a 44 for econ441(such a subject doesnt exist). however, the best was that i also got a mark for a subject code sw56asp (which is a model number for a washing machine from where i work) weird?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
LOL yea thats weird

back in yr 12 i woke one morning freaking out because i hadnt done my bio assessment. after a second of shitting myself, i remembered i didnt actually do bio. a friend did and i spoke 2 her before i went 2 bed and she was talking about how she was freaking out about it ... also weird

ReaveR

HSC
fornstar said:
i always have dreams after exams, started after i finished the hsc and i would wake up thinking i still had an exam left, even though hsc finsihed 2 months earlier!!!
At least you didn't wake up eat breakfast get dressed in school uniform and almost walk out the door :D

yellowbrick

HSC
N/A
ReaveR said:
At least you didn't wake up eat breakfast get dressed in school uniform and almost walk out the door :D
lol that's a good one!

philly17

I had nightmares like that all the time after hsc. Like i still had an exam left yet I had sold the notes and I was really late and missed it. ahahha it freaked me out

X

xeuyrawp

ReaveR said:
I've done that. I was having the worst week, and then I got up on a saturday, walked up to the bus stop. The driver said "your pass is only valid on school days", and I realised the horror of getting up 5 hours too early, and went back to bed.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Don't you just hate those days when everything feels like a dream.

ReaveR

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I've done that. I was having the worst week, and then I got up on a saturday, walked up to the bus stop. The driver said "your pass is only valid on school days", and I realised the horror of getting up 5 hours too early, and went back to bed.
I did the the day after graduation!

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
flyin' said:
Macquarie don't give out as many high grades (ie. HD, D, Cr) as most other relatively large universities in NSW.

For comparisons purposes, take a look at (scroll down):
- UNSW: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/GuideToUNSWGrades.html
- Macquarie: http://www.aifsabroad.com/ays/sydney/academic.htm

Just compare the averages.

Edit -
Macquarie University v UNSW
HD/D: 12% v 30%
Cr: 24% v 30%

The closest thing you could call it is "scaling". How hard they mark an exam doesn't matter.
If you look closely you'll see that those UNSW distributions are for passing students whereas the Mac percentages are for all students.
If you read the top of the UNSW page is says an average of 7.7% of students don't meet minimum standards so that's an F?
Compare this to the Mac percentages which say 6% receive PC's and the remaining 15% which aren't mentioned receive F's.

Am i correct?
some one do the maths cos i'm too lazy

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
PublicUser said:
If you look closely you'll see that those UNSW distributions are for passing students whereas the Mac percentages are for all students.
If you read the top of the UNSW page is says an average of 7.7% of students don't meet minimum standards so that's an F?
Compare this to the Mac percentages which say 6% receive PC's and the remaining 15% which aren't mentioned receive F's.

Am i correct?
some one do the maths cos i'm too lazy
According to the UNSW link: about 32.5% [of Passing grades given] get a 75 (Distinction) or above.

0.325 * (1 - 0.077) = 0.299975 ~ 0.30

Also, about 65% [of Passing grades given] get a 65 (Credit) or above.

0.65 * (1 - 0.077) = 0.59995 ~ 0.60

Therefore, those that achieve a Credit (65 - 74) is 0.60 - 0.30 = 0.30.

Check with the quoted figures.

So no, you are not correct (but well observed nonetheless).

For archiving purposes, here is the diagram for the possible UNSW distributions:

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Is there any comparison with the University of Sydney?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
According to the UNSW link: about 32.5% [of Passing grades given] get a 75 (Distinction) or above.

0.325 * (1 - 0.077) = 0.299975 ~ 0.30

Also, about 65% [of Passing grades given] get a 65 (Credit) or above.

0.65 * (1 - 0.077) = 0.59995 ~ 0.60

Therefore, those that achieve a Credit (65 - 74) is 0.60 - 0.30 = 0.30.

Check with the quoted figures.

So no, you are not correct (but well observed nonetheless).

For archiving purposes, here is the diagram for the possible UNSW distributions:
Hahah <3 flyin'

One word: PWNED

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Is there any comparison with the University of Sydney?
I haven't found any links (cbb) to justify these statements, but from what I've seen:
- Sydney should be between Macquarie and UNSW. Some subjects, it would be closer to UNSW while others closer to Macquarie.
- UTS is probably between Macquarie and Sydney
- Wollongong is even more generous than UNSW
- Law subjects universally give out few Ds (and very very few HDs). Credits are the norm.

iwannarock

HSC
GoodToGo said:
how sure are you about that. i just gathered from the way tutors answered the questions in the study guide that they were going to be really stingy with the marking. it was a stingy vibe. like the tutors were out to get you.

and about my ability.........well............lets just say i only got my first credit in a law subject just this year. (yes i was creditless all of last year for law lol). so i am definetly in the lower ranks of law students. contracts seems like it is used by the law faculty to screen off the underachievers like me that sat around the pass mark area last year.

ND

HSC
Isaaq said:
hmm a lot of actuarial masturbation in this thread....

I've heard that in a lot of LAW units, they only give the top 2% hd's. every year. That's hardcore.

anyway for the record:

Dream:
STAT272: CR
ECON350: HD
ACST200: HD

Reality:
STAT272: P
ECON350: D
ACST200: D
Sif you'll get a P just cos you didn't get that last q out. I bet hardly anyone did, except that skinny little nerd jacky poon, he'll get 100 in this too i bet. (not that i have anything against jacky poon, except that he's skinny and he's smarter than me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)