School friends vs. Uni friends (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Pah! Begone, future servants! You are not worthy to become part of what will be my Old Boys Club! Go and network with your own kind, underlings.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
yeah i know i was making a massive generalisation ... :rolleyes: :p

i will add that i know some very nice private school people... and really...people who make friends along private or public school lines at uni should stop living in the past...

quite true...every1 is paying the hecs...either private or public!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lil_star
quite true...every1 is paying the hecs...either private or public!
lol, i wonder how many private schoolers get mummy and daddy to pay for them, as opposed to the same for public schoolers...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
lol, i wonder how many private schoolers get mummy and daddy to pay for them, as opposed to the same for public schoolers...
eh, so what if private school people get their parents to pay for their schooling, if they have the money why not?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'm tempted to move this thread to University - General. What do you guys think? :p.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jasee
I'm tempted to move this thread to University - General. What do you guys think? :p.
brilliant idea.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by jasee
Hmmm, I'd prefer it to stay in the UTS forum because I was more interested in the experience of UTS students.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i still differentiate school ppl and uni ppl... lessee:

school friends: mostly boys, mostly at UNSW now, all good friends, known for 6 yrs...

uni friends: girls and boys, mostly at UTS, useful for assessment help, known for 6 weeks.

no comparison!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well once you hit like 3rd year uni, you start to realise that you talk to your uni friends a lot more and tend not talk as much with most of your school friends. Especially when they go to different unis, like USyd where they give you too much work and stuff. Well if your school friends are good friends then they will keep in touch. I find its quite easy to make friends at UTS.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
squishy, if i transfer to unsw will you be my friend? :shy:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh yeah, how insightful hipsta_jess
well of course private school people are so financially dependent on mummy and daddy while public school people are independent hard-working people who get rorted by the system.

is that what you wanted to hear?
while you're at it how about you make an entire list of how we can differentiate private and public school people. the targets are just so easy aren't they. how about you just grow up?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
oh yeah, how insightful hipsta_jess
well of course private school people are so financially dependent on mummy and daddy while public school people are independent hard-working people who get rorted by the system.

is that what you wanted to hear?
while you're at it how about you make an entire list of how we can differentiate private and public school people. the targets are just so easy aren't they. how about you just grow up?
whoa, down boy!
all i was saying, lil_star stated that we were all paying the HECS, regardless of what education system we came from, and i was simply asking(?) what the % rates would be for mummy and daddy to be footing the tertiary education bill for students from the private sector versus public.
im from a public school and im fine with admitting im financially dependant on my parents; although they arent paying a cent of my HECS.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
frigging hell, im not saying i hate people whose parents pay their HECS, good on them!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think you guys came down pretty hard on hipsta jess, she never made any negative judgements! She just said that more private school people probably have rich parents than public school people.... which is a fair enough assumption really due to privates being on average a lot more expensive!!!!

Anyway, back to the actual topic.

Does anyone find that this time is a bit lonely? For me I'm kind of stuck between friends.... my old school friends are so far away and doing their own thing.... my new friends aren't really friends yet, it's just a tentative thing until we get to know each other better... I just find it's a little bit lonely because I am missing having friends who know me so well and who I could talk about anything with. MSN isn't exactly the best way to have a D&M with your best friend....

Dunno if it's only me...

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC

if it was simple questioning of statistics, what was so funny about her post which would invoke her to "laugh out loud". Also why did she choose the somewhat patronising, diminutive form ("mummy and daddy") instead of simply using the word 'parents'.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
i hate private shool people:| :p

hehe just kidding!
no, you're really not (impression you made with other comments in this thread)
and i was simply asking(?) what the % rates would be for mummy and daddy to be footing the tertiary education bill for students from the private sector versus public.
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I think you guys came down pretty hard on hipsta jess, she never made any negative judgements! She just said that more private school people probably have rich parents than public school people.... which is a fair enough assumption really due to privates being on average a lot more expensive!!!!
Originally posted by Soma
if it was simple questioning of statistics, what was so funny about her post which would invoke her to "laugh out loud". Also why did she choose the somewhat patronising, diminutive form ("mummy and daddy") instead of simply using the word 'parents'.
you beat me to it by about an hr

i really can't put that better myself, i was going to ask the same thing - if you were simply asking why did you use 'mummy and daddy'?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)