Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Gah I should find a more efficient way to write assignments.

As it is, I just write things in dot points and paragraphs, then have to go through and rewrite it so it has sources in it and sounds good.

Maybe if I wrote it properly off the bat it would be easier?

HSC
Gah. I spent $60 today photocopying my ethics application forms 14 times.

And most applications are rejected the first time, so it will probably end up costing me at least $120.

Curse you Human Research and Ethics Committee :jedi:

kokodamonkey

HSC
Gah I should find a more efficient way to write assignments.

As it is, I just write things in dot points and paragraphs, then have to go through and rewrite it so it has sources in it and sounds good.

Maybe if I wrote it properly off the bat it would be easier?
Just don't use sources.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
400/1000 words max. And that's just the introduction, which isn't finished yet. Shitshitshit

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
analysed the shit out of my chosen passage, now to form it into a coherent essay that makes sense and isn't written the same way I talk, like my notes are. this is always the hard bit.

HSC
Kwayera said:
400/1000 words max. And that's just the introduction, which isn't finished yet. Shitshitshit
lol :(

Turn the introduction into the main body of your text and then add a mini-introduction at the start, perhaps?

v4g1n4

HSC
N/A
^I find it hard to tell the difference between webCT broken and webCT functioning as it normally does >:-/
Hate USYD's grasp of technology. Hate hate hate.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lol :(

Turn the introduction into the main body of your text and then add a mini-introduction at the start, perhaps?
Well, the fucked-up thing is that the majority of my intro is a lit review, supporting why the question is important. I've always done integrated intros/lit reviews. I don't know HOW to do them separately, even though they've technically asked us to. So I'm just doing an integrated intro and hoping they don't care. *sigh*

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
analysed the shit out of my chosen passage, now to form it into a coherent essay that makes sense and isn't written the same way I talk, like my notes are. this is always the hard bit.
i always write essays the way i speak

the markers are always like "you have a unique voice", or "you have lots of energy in your writing"

kokodamonkey

HSC
Okay. i guess i won't see you there as i'm not going. thought it'd be more productive to study.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i always write essays the way i speak

the markers are always like "you have a unique voice", or "you have lots of energy in your writing"
you probably talk like a civilised person lol :eek:

My essays would be full of swearing and half of it would be in point form and 80% of sentences would end in "etc" or not really end at all

i should try it hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)