So, how was the Ancient trial? (1 Viewer)

Nomes

I just finished mine a few hours ago and after much stressing, am much relieved. I may not have done brilliantly but at least it wasnt as bad as I though.

Questions I did:
Jezebel
Athenian Society in time of Pericles
Israel: Jeroboam I to Fall of Samaria
Augustus and the Julio-Claudians

Nearly broke my hand writing though, three hours is a long time to just sit and write.

malayz_angel

Just did mine on Tuesday and it wasn't too bad. I wrote heaps too though, like Nomes...I calculated, I wrote over 20 pages..including needing an extra booklet. And that still wasn't everything that we were supposed to write about! :)

drummer_gurl

I did'nt finish it. Does anyone know what the questions were for the personality cleopatra and the greek world from 500-440BC (persian wars, delian league and cimon etc) also the fall of the roman republic 133 - 27BC (first and second triumvirate etc)?

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
The Greek Wars one:

1) Describe the role of Themistocles in the Greek Victory

2) Account for the development of the Athenian navy in this period

3) Desribe the preparations of both sides before the Persian Wars.

4) Cant remember...

TwistOfGold

HSC
crapp

I did crapp in the Catholic trials paper.
not enough preparation but i so know what to expect now, and how much work i need to do before now and actual thing I guess
I did
augustus- about the princeps and his power
about sparta- i mean who the flip knows about the burial rights? pffft... ok ok i will... lata
greek world500-440- essay about preparations of either side before 480bc persian wars
xerxes- something... cant remember....

TwistOfGold

HSC
:( Oh actually so did my friend Jessica.... :(
im not very good at ancient....
i like Bio better- had bio today, wasnt too bad :)

jaNetix

Questions I did:
Jezebel

i did them too nomes
that role of the military screwed me...
what sources u use?

Nedzy

Originally posted by Nomes
I just finished mine a few hours ago and after much stressing, am much relieved. I may not have done brilliantly but at least it wasnt as bad as I though.

Questions I did:
Jezebel
Athenian Society in time of Pericles
Augustus and the Julio-Claudians

Nearly broke my hand writing though, three hours is a long time to just sit and write.
Can i get ideas of the directions that the exam was heading in with the Augustus and the Julio-Claudians??
Mine is tomorrow...I'm a bit worried about the 3hrs of writing!!!:(

frenchy

I did..
Julio claudians, Agrippina the younger, Rome from Augustus - titus, and the greek world from 500-440 bc
and you know what im soooooo happy i aced the test!!! my teacher told me my mark and i came 1st with 88% :) :) :)

well if it helps my julio claudian test asked about water systems, and errr what else (did it last week) im trying to remember what the main qn was on but i cant remember it was something to do with the classes i think and what they did in the empire. but yeh your school may of did a different test, just make sure you know briefly bout the emperors, how augustus ruled, religion and their daily life. im sure you'll do fine

Yami

I loved my Ancient exam, it was pretty easy. I think I didn't do too good on one question though (the water systems question worth 5 marks, in Society: Rome from Augustus to Titus). I did the CSSA trial, my sections were:

1) Personality: Alexander the Great
2) Society: Rome from Augustus to Titus
3) Historical Period: Greek world 500-440BC
4) Personality: Augustus and the Julio-Claudians

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by girlee281
People... stop discussing the answers... Not everyone has done their trials yet...
Not everyone does the same trial. And no other school can do the CSSA trial now, since they are only allowed to be done on the exact same day, otherwise, the school is breaking regulations. So chill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)