Syd Uni Scholarships (2 Viewers)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Well it came. I got the entry level scholarship, $3000 for 1 year. And today, I got an e-mail saying I got the merit level one. Sweet, 25g's. (Well assuming I adhere to the terms).
hopefully that's enough for you to buy a new personality :)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
how do you get an entry level scholarship, and then an email for merit? it dosn't make sense, seeing they're the same scholarship only different levels

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
and surely the merit is not for five years, so not 25 grand

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
pigs not all of us are as lucky as you :)
merit scholarships are only offered for the first part of your degree, at least in the case of combined law (eg; you don't get it for the two years you study law alone).

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
so its 3000 each year of of ur course?

er hope u dont mind me asking...what does shortlisted mean?

tha_fairy

so usyd scholarships have all been sent out now? because i STILL haven't recieved anything at, not a rejection letter or an email... shit all

do i just assume now that my rejection letter got lost in the mail, back in november or whenever they were first sent out?

anyone doing physiotherapy?

eeyore

I'm pretty sure they've all been sent out already
A few of my friends got scholarships to Sydney. Some found out about a month ago, and others just recently

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
walla...ur mistaking it for the faculty of economics and business scholarship with merit, which i agree, is only for the three years u study commerce or ecos or wotever. but there's also the usyd scholarship with merit, which is for any degree of your choice and lasts up to 5 years

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
apparently they don't exist. all usyd scholarships with merit/distinction are given out through the particular faculties.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, but again, they are different to the faculty scholarships
the ones that last for three years are called "the faculty of economics and business scholarships with merit", the ones for the duration of your degree, will also come from the ecos and bus faculty if ur doing say comm/law, but will be called the "university of sydney scholarship with merit". a subtle, but distinct difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)