• Sydney

Votes: 119 50.4%
  • NSW

Votes: 117 49.6%

• Total voters

jessika

law chicky
HSC
which Uni do you think is better if I want to do economics/law/international studies?

I was thinking probably UNSW, but I dont know anymore :confused:

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Sydney...

Well Sydney is better for anything commerce related, I can say that much after attending the Australian Business Week (see me topic).

And I agree with Alex, it is good for just sitting back in the main quadrangle with it's Gargoylee feel. Just don't go at night ;)

Sydney was the best.
Sure, it's still got it's reputation--just not the teaching staff it used to. They got too carried away with making money to be teaching the material.
UNSW is taking the lead...

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Hehehe

I love it when people refer to themselves in the third person :p :p

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Of couse not!!

Lazy does not diss anyone, especially Sooper Dooper Mods, Lazy is not that silly :p

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Well...i suppose i could come up with an insult for you, if i really put my mind to it ;) ...but i wouldent want to end up like that Indian Tosser :p

Alex

OMG, plz dont tell me that the predicament people have of me now is this ruthless dictator? Noooooooooo..............

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Hail oh mighty Moderator, please look kindly upon this poor lowly member and grant him mercy...

*Genuflects*

:p

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
*back to topic*

The general opinion in our science/maths nerds circle is that Sydney equals science/theoretical/research and UNSW equals engineering/practicality. I'm split halfway because I'm going to do both.

I've also heard of the commerce being better at Syd (over NSW)...

Alex

Although I would rather die before going to UNSW, I must admit I have heard several people say that UNSW commerce to degree is equal if not better than the USYD equivalent.

B

Bambul

Both UNSW and USyd will both tell you their Commerce Faculty is better. But keep in mind that the cut-off for UNSW is higher than the one for USyd.

As for the overall UNSW vs Usyd argument, whilst my status as a UNSW student would make me anything but impartial, I would say that you should take a number of things into account when choosing your university. Don't forget to keep in mind non-academic factors such as the amount of time it takes you to get to uni each day (eg. it takes me 1 1/2 hours each way to get to uni and back), where your friends are going, etc.

If you know people at uni doing courses you are interested in then talk to them, that is probably one of the best ways. The Good Uni's Guide is good, but is more of a general overview and not really designed for your undividual needs but rather to give you an overall idea.

And of course, don't forget about UTS, UWS and Macquarie!

screw UTS

thats the dodgest university in NSW (after western sydney).

Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!Dodge!

Everyone who goes there are failures and rejects of other universities!

MUHAHAHAAH

shit im going crazy..sorry guys 3 days till HSC is making me go crazy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)