• Sydney

Votes: 119 50.4%
  • NSW

Votes: 117 49.6%

• Total voters

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
To all those who imagine themselve lazying around on those lucious lawns of the Quadrangle at Sydney...
...every time i've been there, there's signs on the lawn saying "keep off the grass."

I think they have to keep it nice and green for the photo shoots.

ill go to university of wollongong if i have to..no way im going to UTS!!

I got in to early entry for it..so FYI..i will NOT go to UTS

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
what THE?!?

UTS rocks.

i put it on my preferences

its so close to the city , to the station, to everything.. its so easy to get to.

schwang_thang

what's so bad abt UTS?

ok, so the cutoffs r lower than syd & nsw, & the building is a tad ugly but theres not much else thats goin against it is there?

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Nothing wrong with UTS at all. Plus, the people there are really nice.

utopian731

Eudaimonian
User, that is SOO true about the grass at syd hehehe

theres plenty of other grass around the place too

i dunno, somethin ppl often seem to underestimate not consider is the surrounding environs of a place, auch as a uni. This is where Usyd kicks UNSW's ass. The evnironments that you spend the most time on cna have a big influence on how effectively learn and more importantly how you feel. Ive been to both unis several times and UNSW just seems to be a claustraphobic concrete jungle, i really hate the place

Elspeth

God, what is WITH you people?

SYDNEY is the best University - how can you think otherwise????
UNSW is a pissy excuse for a "campus"... every time you see a tree it's like "WOW!"

The buildings are ugly, the courses have absolutely NO flexibility (To study politics, you have to do ARTS, which is utterly STUPID) whereas at Sydney you can shape your degree to suit your interests (eg majoring in asian studies in a commerce degree) which is fabulous. Sydney is spacious, and has HISTORY and is beautiful. It has CULTURE. There, that's the word i was after.

Sydney has
CULTURE!

Jesse

Honestly, it all depends on the type of person you are really...

UTS - hustle and bustle of the city life, friendly ppl and quite modern (even if the building looks ugly outside but you should check out the new buildings e.g. Building 10)

UNSW - just trendy imo :cool: :p

USYD - laid back, traditional and full of university spirit... Just be careful of Redfern :eek:

Don't fret too much - there's always course transfers after each semester and besides, you'll probably end up loving the Uni you'll choose anyways...

B

Bambul

Originally posted by Elspeth
God, what is WITH you people?

SYDNEY is the best University - how can you think otherwise????
UNSW is a pissy excuse for a "campus"... every time you see a tree it's like "WOW!"

The buildings are ugly, the courses have absolutely NO flexibility (To study politics, you have to do ARTS, which is utterly STUPID) whereas at Sydney you can shape your degree to suit your interests (eg majoring in asian studies in a commerce degree) which is fabulous. Sydney is spacious, and has HISTORY and is beautiful. It has CULTURE. There, that's the word i was after.

Sydney has
CULTURE!
Oh yeah, well the UNSW Quad is 4 feet longet than the USyd Quad, so there!

And about flexibility, I think your point shows that UNSW *does* have flexibility. You can do Arts and major in politics or education or history or economics or music or acting or literature or many other things. How this is not flexible is beyond me.

I remember when I went to USyd for the first and only time (and that was after 6 months of being at UNSW). I was talking out load about how that building was boring or if that map was at UNSW it would be in more than just 3 colours and there would be more benches than that.

It's the way to tell if A UNSW or USyd student is at the other uni - they will be bagging out that uni like there's no tomorrow! :cool:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i'm going to vote for newsouth... simply because sydney doesn't have any graphic design degrees, and UNSW does (at COFA, that is). that said, sydney uni does have class. 'specially all those old buildings that look like castles.

:santa: happy christmas everyone :santa:

(yes, i'm putting that on all my posts this evening)

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Jesse

USYD - laid back, traditional and full of university spirit... Just be careful of Redfern :eek:

i live in cabramatta and redfern scares me! if i end up going to USYD, i think i'll just catch the train to central then catch the bus to the uni!

GJ_JOE

blood brother
one thing UNSW has over USYD....UNSW occasionally have awesome bands play at the roundhouse!

Jesse

Why does everyone care so much about the old buildings at USyd? :argue:

Appearances aren't everything :chainsaw:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if your asians and/or you like hanging around to asians go to unsw ...

if you dont like asians and/or dont like hanging around or being near them go to usyd ...

if you like nice buildings go to usyd ...

if your lazy, go to the closer one ...

if you dont care ... then you dont care ...

if you want a commerce course go to unsw ...

if you want an arts course go to usyd ...

if you just want a degree go anywhere ...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by flyin'
if you want a commerce course go to unsw ...

if you want an arts course go to usyd ...
but I wanna do a combined Commerce/Arts
where does that leave me?? :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

but I wanna do a combined Commerce/Arts
where does that leave me?? :p
hum ... thats a hard one ... :eek:

whichever is your main major (that just doesnt sound right) ... if your main major is commerce go to unsw and if it is art go to art ...

if you dont know ... well i wouldnt really know where to start ...:)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
if i was elsewhere (because im going to macq), i would go to sydney purely for the sandstone buildings ...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)