Testing times: selective schools and tiger parents (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, the only comeback white people have is "yeah, we are lazy and have uncaring parents, but at least we are creative".

Dear white people, creativity is subjective and unquantifiable. Unlike ATAR and $$$ income.
Both parents care.

Asians just care with their actions and the provision of opportunities for kids (e.g. Going to tutoring even if they work all day , like my parents )

It's called "tough love".

*the rationale behind Asian parenting is that the kids don't know "better" and need to be guided.

White parents care, but just don't value education as much. I'd also say that white parents show more compassion . Aka soft love / parenting

*the rationale behind white parenting is be free, happy and find your own way *

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Lol, the only comeback white people have is "yeah, we are lazy and have uncaring parents, but at least we are creative".

Dear white people, creativity is subjective and unquantifiable. Unlike ATAR and $$$ income.
How about you don't turn this into a race thing? Or generalise a whole race for that matter.

This issue should have nothing to do with race. Every person is their own, and thus has their own parenting style - some people have shitty parenting and others have good.

However I think everyone just needs to chill out and find a balance between being strict, caring and allowing fun. My parents use to be VERY strict as a kid (they are white, and not 'lazy and uncaring'). It was stupid, but they loosened up a bit later on.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
White people again stereotyping asian parenting as creating only socially retarded copycats. We all know the white way is the right way, no, you must be a fool if you think different parenting styles could have their own positives and negatives.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
How about you don't turn this into a race thing? Or generalise a whole race for that matter.

This issue should have nothing to do with race. Every person is their own, and thus has their own parenting style - some people have shitty parenting and others have good.

However I think everyone just needs to chill out and find a balance between being strict, caring and allowing fun. My parents use to be VERY strict as a kid (they are white, and not 'lazy and uncaring'). It was stupid, but they loosened up a bit later on.
How about you face the facts and instead of kowtowing to political correctness?

This would not be a race issue, if Asians and White were proportionally presented. But it is not, Asians only occupy a minority status in the population but is the majority in selective high school enrolments. So how is race not a factor?

When a race that is only 7% of a population takes 80% of the enrolment in selective high school, it has to be cultural or genetic.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
How about you face the facts and instead of kowtowing to political correctness?

This would not be a race issue, if Asians and White were proportionally presented. But it is not, Asians only occupy a minatory status in the population but is the majority in selective high school enrolments. So how is race not a factor?

When a race that is only 7% of a population takes 80% of the enrolment in selective high school, it has to be cultural or genetic.
Are you actually joking right now? You just addressed all "white people" in your comment, literally. Then you went on to generalise a whole race, that all white people care about is creativity and that won't get them anywhere.

I never even argued any points for you to be saying I should face the facts. Because I know the facts. And I'll tell you right now that it definitely isn't genetic. It's 100% cultural. I bet you.

Maybe others can educate me here, but am I wrong in saying that more asian families have education highly valued and as a very encouraged goal vs. white australians? If so, then that is why people from asian families tend to excel in school.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
And cultural is connected to race. Duh, and East Asians race has higher average IQ than both white and black. The sources for IQ and race is everywhere.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

It's actually quite common for new migrants to push their kids harder than those who have lived here. Compare second gen asian australian's v first gen asian australians. Completely different level of expectation. African immigrants in the US outscore every other immigrant group. It's more about an immigrant mentality than anything.

For Asian parents they view that kids in western schools have too much time on their hands, as the education system they know back home is essentially 7am-5pm for primary school kids. It's an adjustment issue.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yeah, right.. source please?!!! I want to read it. I bet it's onionnews.
Tell that to my friend's family.

Dad works at corning pulling 500k USD a year as a engineering manager. Eldest brother is an engineer at intel and grad' from Sloan school of business (MIT), other brother worked for cornell as director of admissions and now works at stanford in same role, sister is a doctor and my friend works in DC on foreign policy.

Yeah, not outperforming anyone at all really.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...immigrants-do-better-than-native-blacks/6891/

http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/asad/files/waters_etal_2014.pdf

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
WTF.

No where in your source does it say black/African immigrant out performing other immigrants.

Both articles is about immigrant black vs native American black.

Your previous post said out performing "other immigrant group", not against native American black.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
P374 on the harvard article or p 6 on PDF.

Go read it carefully.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
P374 on the harvard article or p 6 on PDF.

Go read it carefully.
Learn how to Harvard Reference a source, than I will read it.

You quote from the source and write it here the exact part you want the us to read to back up your claim. Not ask the audience to through the document, as I have no idea what part you're referencing to.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Learn how to Harvard Reference a source, than I will read it.

You quote from the source and write it here the exact part you want the us to read to back up your claim. Not ask the audience to through the document, as I have no idea what part you're referencing to.
jesus christ its a fucking table. go to page 374 of the article and you'll get your answer and stop being daft. youre the one that claimed 'no where in the source' does it mention it. learn to speed read.

what are you the gestapo of referencing?

Last edited:

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Okay, okay, Africans are the smartest and the most disciplined and dominates every professions around the world. Because every I go, I see black CEO, lawyers, doctors and bankers.

You win.
Goodbye.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Okay, okay, Africans are the smartest and the most disciplined and dominates every professions around the world. Because every I go, I see black CEO, lawyers, doctors and bankers.

You win.
Goodbye.
somebody sad that the asians are the not the master race?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

You win.
Goodbye.
sound salty af cuz asians aren't the 'master race'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)