Testing times: selective schools and tiger parents (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I suspect that kuromusha might be a troll.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
What I would say is that kuromusha isn't completely insane. It's well known that migrants place a greater stress on work ethic as a result of a desire to establish their families in a new nation. As such you can probably say that Asian-Australian families, as a hangover from this migrant mentality, tend to transfer to their children better work ethics. This unfortunately seems to come out in the form of after school tutoring from a very early age, but probably does result in better academic outcomes.

However, the kind of generalisations kuromusha is making make me very wary that he simply believes the 'asian race' is superior to all other races because of some inherent intellectual quality. This belief is obviously not grounded in reality, but kuromusha has done nothing to allay my fears.

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
You said Asians are smarter than British/European people.
Then why are most scientific breakthroughs throughout 1700-2000 from Europe and not Asia?

Just a thought.
Not really saying one is better than another.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
You're almost saying that if you don't go to a selective school, you have a low iq.
If you don't get into selective high school, you don't necessarily have a low iQ, you just don't have high IQ.

You don't have to go to selective to be successful in life
No you don't but. This thread is not about success in life, it's about parenting and selective high schools.

I'm not white so i have no idea about their vaues but probably, they reckon don't need it? They don't see the point in going? Idk. Besides not many white people take part in the selective test anyway. What's white flight?
Why are you posting in this thread if you don't bother reading the article. "white flight" is the white people sending their children to expensive private schools because their children failed to get into a selective high.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
And also, what's the point in being smart if you can't be happy? Take a look at international happiness rankings, western countries take majority of the high ranks.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
If you don't get into selective high school, you don't necessarily have a low iQ, you just don't have high IQ.
Yes because clearly all these inner north shore private school kids are the epitome of mediocrity

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
And also, what's the point in being smart if you can't be happy? Take a look at international happiness rankings, western countries take majority of the high ranks.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
yeah but western education is shit for secondary

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

No you don't but. This thread is not about success in life, it's about parenting and selective high schools.

Why are you posting in this thread if you don't bother reading the article. "white flight" is the white people sending their children to expensive private schools because their children failed to get into a selective high.
1. i know loads of people who didn't make it into selective yet got 99+ atars, your point is?
2. derails but tells me not derail. the hypocrisy is real in this young lad
3. i read this article a few days ago, i'm not obligated to memorize the article

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yeah, they're intelligence is mediocre. They're why they doing B.Arts.
maybe because they're not plebians who have to do a degree to a get a job?

being able to do arts/classics is the epitome of class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)