Testing times: selective schools and tiger parents (2 Viewers)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
You know it's terrible when you have multiple people criticizing it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
u go kuromasha! preach to these evil internet student website oppressors about the superiority of our asian people!

kvskpin

HSC
@Kuromusha, I am a newbie here and for some reason, this thread caught my eye. Let me put it this way, I see nothing that you mention to be reality. If you think that asians have a high IQ, then why do their parents need to spend hordes of money on coaching. Trust me, coaching continues throughout the education years for asian kids. I am amazed at why kids with higher IQ even need to be coached. I know of so many cases where kids simply struggled to find their feet once coaching was taken off. I have to concede that asian kids have tremendous work ethics and they work very hard. Absolutely no doubt that that. But then to attribute higher IQ to kids who would otherwise struggle the moment coaching is taken off, is not something that I would agree to.

I see that you have posted pictures of Grace Du on this thread. What you failed to see is that the kid that followed Grace on winning the NSW Premier Spelling Bee is my daughter, Sri Vaishnavi Kolluri, and we have an Indian background. The kid who won the Seniors was an Aussie girl from a Rural school. And just for records, there are a number of kids before Grace from European / Caucasian backgrounds who have won the same contest. Unfortunately, I find your arguments quite shallow.

Coming back to selective test, yes, the Eastern Asians do dominate the scene, but that is thanks largely to their work ethics, hard work and above all coaching. I know of Caucasian kids from my daughters school, who were coached and got into selective. I know of Caucasian kids who made it to selective without coaching. I know of asian kids who made it to selective with and without coaching. I also know of my own daughter, who made it to selective without coaching. So, your argument of higher IQ being associated to eastern asian kids is quite shallow.

Last edited:

kvskpin

HSC
@Kuromusha, So much for the perceived higher IQ level of East Asian people, can you now list out the innovations that these high IQ mobs have come up with for the rest of the world? If anything this whole place is mostly known to the rest of the world for only two things:

1. Manufacturing - Driven primarily by the cheap labour and lack of proper labour laws, hence driving down the cost of production for the rest of the world. And no doubt, people work hard here compared to the rest of the world. So, have to give it to them.
It is exactly for the same reasons that companies set-up their manufacturing hubs over there and the services industry predominantly in India.
2. Fakes - No matter which nook and corner of the world you go, you will find fakes originating from this part of the world.

Wonder where the high IQ suddenly disappears..Oops !!

Last edited:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
@Kuromusha, I am a newbie here and for some reason, this thread caught my eye. Let me put it this way, I see nothing that you mention to be reality. If you think that asians have a high IQ, then why do their parents need to spend hordes of money on coaching. Trust me, coaching continues throughout the education years for asian kids. I am amazed at why kids with higher IQ even need to be coached. I know of so many cases where kids simply struggled to find their feet once coaching was taken off. I have to concede that asian kids have tremendous work ethics and they work very hard. Absolutely no doubt that that. But then to attribute higher IQ to kids who would otherwise struggle the moment coaching is taken off, is not something that I would agree to.

I see that you have posted pictures of Grace Du on this thread. What you failed to see is that the kid that followed Grace on winning the NSW Premier Spelling Bee is my daughter, Sri Vaishnavi Kolluri, and we have an Indian background. The kid who won the Seniors was an Aussie girl from a Rural school. And just for records, there are a number of kids before Grace from European / Caucasian backgrounds who have won the same contest. Unfortunately, I find your arguments quite shallow.

Coming back to selective test, yes, the Eastern Asians do dominate the scene, but that is thanks largely to their work ethics, hard work and above all coaching. I know of Caucasian kids from my daughters school, who were coached and got into selective. I know of Caucasian kids who made it to selective without coaching. I know of asian kids who made it to selective with and without coaching. I also know of my own daughter, who made it to selective without coaching. So, your argument of higher IQ being associated to eastern asian kids is quite shallow.
@Kuromusha, So much for the perceived higher IQ level of East Asian people, can you now list out the innovations that these high IQ mobs have come up with for the rest of the world? If anything this whole place is mostly known to the rest of the world for only two things:

1. Manufacturing - Driven primarily by the cheap labour and lack of proper labour laws, hence driving down the cost of production for the rest of the world. And no doubt, people work hard here compared to the rest of the world. So, have to give it to them.
It is exactly for the same reasons that companies set-up their manufacturing hubs over there and the services industry predominantly in India.
2. Fakes - No matter which nook and corner of the world you go, you will find fakes originating from this part of the world.

Wonder where the high IQ suddenly disappears..Oops !!
if you're going to restart this convo then don't mention that kuromusha troll in this

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Yea I tend to agree with kvskpin. Unlike their Indian counterparts, where would the Asian kids be without a heavy dose of coaching. (by the way, India is not in Asia) All the Chinese are good for is churning out shonky goods using cheap labour.

Just look at India. It's way ahead of China, anytime.

Last edited:

kvskpin

HSC
@Cosmo 2 @Drongoski, I beg to slightly differ with you both. My intention was not to undermine China in any manner. It is a great country, no doubt and a country that is on the verge of taking over US as the largest economy. The point I want to differ here with is the view posted that the east Asian kids have a higher IQ over others - that is definitely not true. If anything, I haven't come across any piece of scientific analysis that clearly proves IQ to be a relation to race - It isn't. Neither is it my intention to portray India being better than China.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)