Testing times: selective schools and tiger parents (1 Viewer)

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Never said anything about 'master race', why does it even mean?

This thread is about tiger parenting and Asians majority in selective high.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Pointing out facts =/= racism.

Racism exists when there is an unequal treatment for based on race.

All races in Australia has the same treatment regarding to selective high school entry. Azns just do better than any other race because

1. More parental investment, whether financial or time.

2. Higher average IQ.

Pointing out these facts makes me a racist? If you think so, than I guess you're a liberal fundamentalist.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

All races in Australia has the same treatment regarding to selective high school entry. Azns just do better than any other race because

2. Higher average IQ.

Pointing out these facts makes me a racist? If you think so, than I guess you're a liberal fundamentalist.
you are clearly looking down on other races, that's already "unequal treatment for based on race". Yea bradah that's racism there.
As for your 2nd point, asians just tend to be more hardworking which produces results which you admitted yourself in pt1. It doesn't mean they have higher IQ than other races. Do you pull your 'facts' out of your asshole or something?
you make asians look bad with your shitty patriotic posts

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A

racism
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

2. Higher average IQ.
Why, in your opinion, do asians have higher IQs? Not a loaded question, genuinely curious. If your answer is that your first point leads to your second point then that's far less contentious than making generic statements which strongly imply that you believe Asians to be naturally intellectually superior.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
you are clearly looking down on other races, that's already "unequal treatment for based on race". Yea bradah that's racism there.
As for your 2nd point, asians just tend to be more hardworking which produces results which you admitted yourself in pt1. It doesn't mean they have higher IQ than other races. Do you pull your 'facts' out of your asshole or something?
you make asians look bad with your shitty patriotic posts
No I am not looking down on other race. I am just saying that on average Asians have a higher IQ. And I would never discriminate a person because of their race.

For example, if I am a boss and I two potential employees, the job I have is highly cognitive, one candidate is black and the other one is Asian.

If I dismiss the black candidate simply because he's black, then I'm could be labelled as a racist. If I did research into both candidates, on average, there is higher probability that the Asian candidate would have a better education and/or a higher intelligence. Not because I like Asians better than black. If they both have the same education and intelligence, than both are likely to be employed. Does that make me a racist?

Another example would be, I am a coach of a professional basketball team, I will draft players based on their athletic performance. So my team would most likely to be made up of black players over Asian players. Would this make a racist?

Regarding to race and IQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

They found the highest national IQs among Western and Asian developed nations and the lowest national IQs in the world's least developed nations in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.

J. P. Rushton has argued that Africans on average have smaller brain cases and brains than Europeans, and that this is evidence that the gap is biological in nature.

"Reaction times show that both Chinese and British children are more intelligent than one another".

The few Amerindian populations who have been systematically tested, including Arctic Natives, tend to score worse on average than white populations but better on average than black populations.[47]

Rushton & Jensen (2005) write that, in the United States, self-identified blacks and whites have been the subjects of the greatest number of studies. They state that the black-white IQ difference is about 15 to 18 points

For example, in the United States the average scores of blacks on some IQ tests in 1995 were the same as the scores of whites in 1945.

Last edited:

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
racism
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Why, in your opinion, do asians have higher IQs? Not a loaded question, genuinely curious. If your answer is that your first point leads to your second point then that's far less contentious than making generic statements which strongly imply that you believe Asians to be naturally intellectually superior.
Animals are the result of their genetic and environmental make up.

Difference races have different genetics make up and thus result in bother tangible and intangible characteristics. Whether you regard a characteristic as superior or inferior is up to you.

Eg. In Asian countries, pale skin is preferred, esp in women, while in the West, tanned skin is preferred. Does that Asians and Westerns are racist when it comes to skin colour?

Last edited:

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
In the original article

It's no easier to find clear answers in Australia. The Department of Education & Communities (DEC), which runs the selective-school entrance exam in NSW, does not collect data on coaching, and does not endorse it. Andrew Fielding, the department's director of business systems, and a passionate advocate for selective schools, describes the test as "similar to IQ tests - they're supposed to be tests you can't prepare for. Going to a coaching college doesn't necessarily mean you'll understand them."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/...d-tiger-parents-20150108-12kecw#ixzz3lUkgDDAQ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

So, selective high school test is similar to IQ tests, and more Asians are accepted into selective high, therefore Asians score better in these tests that are similar to IQ tests. We can conclude Australias aznz have higher IQ than non anz Australians.

You mad?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It's very well known that IQ tests have a cultural bias towards it and are no way accurate. I wouldn't dispute the dedication and drive of immigrant groups, but you know what impresses me more? Some kid whose from a shit household whose able to achieve academically and still keep up good grades.

A lot of asian kids do have the luxury (due to culture) of not having to work while they attend tertiary studies. You bet your ass it can make a world of difference when juggling a job and uni.

the funny thing is that although asian countries dominate secondary education in ranking, the universties fall very far behind.

Last edited:

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Animals are the result of their genetic and environmental make up.

Difference races have different genetics make up and thus result in bother tangible and intangible characteristics. Whether you regard a characteristic as superior or inferior is up to you.

Eg. In Asian countries, pale skin is preferred, esp in women, while in the West, tanned skin is preferred. Does that Asians and Westerns are racist when it comes to skin colour?
Hahahaha surely this is just next level trolling

Sien

HSC
No I am not looking down on other race. I am just saying that on average Asians have a higher IQ. And I would never discriminate a person because of their race.

For example, if I am a boss and I two potential employees, the job I have is highly cognitive, one candidate is black and the other one is Asian.

If I dismiss the black candidate simply because he's black, then I'm could be labelled as a racist. If I did research into both candidates, on average, there is higher probability that the Asian candidate would have a better education and/or a higher intelligence. Not because I like Asians better than black. If they both have the same education and intelligence, than both are likely to be employed. Does that make me a racist?

Another example would be, I am a coach of a professional basketball team, I will draft players based on their athletic performance. So my team would most likely to be made up of black players over Asian players. Would this make a racist?

Regarding to race and IQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

They found the highest national IQs among Western and Asian developed nations and the lowest national IQs in the world's least developed nations in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.

J. P. Rushton has argued that Africans on average have smaller brain cases and brains than Europeans, and that this is evidence that the gap is biological in nature.

"Reaction times show that both Chinese and British children are more intelligent than one another".

The few Amerindian populations who have been systematically tested, including Arctic Natives, tend to score worse on average than white populations but better on average than black populations.[47]

Rushton & Jensen (2005) write that, in the United States, self-identified blacks and whites have been the subjects of the greatest number of studies. They state that the black-white IQ difference is about 15 to 18 points

For example, in the United States the average scores of blacks on some IQ tests in 1995 were the same as the scores of whites in 1945.
"They found the highest national IQs among Western and Asian developed nations and the lowest national IQs in the world's least developed nations in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America."The fk... Most people don't get an education in 3rd world countries, so it's a given that first world countries score better (and iq tests most likely come from 1st world countries, biased much)Iq tests don't take in account of the examinee's situation, so there's no way these tests are accurate
In the original article

It's no easier to find clear answers in Australia. The Department of Education & Communities (DEC), which runs the selective-school entrance exam in NSW, does not collect data on coaching, and does not endorse it. Andrew Fielding, the department's director of business systems, and a passionate advocate for selective schools, describes the test as "similar to IQ tests - they're supposed to be tests you can't prepare for. Going to a coaching college doesn't necessarily mean you'll understand them."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/...d-tiger-parents-20150108-12kecw#ixzz3lUkgDDAQ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

So, selective high school test is similar to IQ tests, and more Asians are accepted into selective high, therefore Asians score better in these tests that are similar to IQ tests. We can conclude Australias aznz have higher IQ than non anz Australians.

You mad?
once you do enough practice tests for selective you start to see the patterns in the tests (not sure about the english part tho)

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
once you do enough practice tests for selective you start to see the patterns in the tests (not sure about the english part tho)
Then why don't Anglo Australians do "enough practice"? Since they are more "creative", they would score higher with the same amount of practice.

Maybe eat your pavlova and lamingtons while drudge through selective high school papers and there won't be a "white flight" from selective high.

Surely tutoring for selective high is cheaper than six years of private school education.

turntaker

HSC
Look at your signature you absolute moron. It's very clear you are trying to say asians are better than white people which is the definition of a racist.

You don't make any points about tiger parenting or selective schools, you just kept saying stupid shit like 'asians have better IQ than white people'.
lol, its funny how minorities in Australia are racist towards the majority

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Still waiting on an answer to this one...

turntaker

HSC
Then why don't Anglo Australians do "enough practice"? Since they are more "creative", they would score higher with the same amount of practice.

Maybe eat your pavlova and lamingtons while drudge through selective high school papers and there won't be a "white flight" from selective high.

Surely tutoring for selective high is cheaper than six years of private school education.
maybe their parents think that their kids should have a proper childhood instead of sending them to tutoring after school ever day after they are 6 years old?

Sien

HSC

You're almost saying that if you don't go to a selective school, you have a low iq. You don't have to go to selective to be successful in life and nobody said they're creative, you kept bring that up yourself. I'm not white so i have no idea about their vaues but probably, they reckon don't need it? They don't see the point in going? Idk. Besides not many white people take part in the selective test anyway. What's white flight?
Just so you know i ain't kissing white ass, i'm just against you saying that asians are the superior race which is utter bs. All races are equal. And I'm asian btw
Do you agree that iq tests are inaccurate or nah

turntaker

HSC
You're almost saying that if you don't go to a selective school, you have a low iq. You don't have to go to selective to be successful in life and nobody said they're creative, you kept bring that up yourself. I'm not white so i have no idea about their vaues but probably, they reckon don't need it? They don't see the point in going? Idk. Besides not many white people take part in the selective test anyway. What's white flight?
Just so you know i ain't kissing white ass, i'm just against you saying that asians are the superior race which is utter bs. All races are equal. And I'm asian btw
Do you agree that iq tests are inaccurate or nah
I am not Anglo- white, and not asian but I agree with this as well.

You can't simply say one race is better than another.
There are intelligent people in every race.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
I am not Anglo- white, and not asian but I agree with this as well.

You can't simply say one race is better than another.
There are intelligent people in every race.
You know there are things called "mean, medium and mode and outliers" in statistics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)