The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewster

HSC
tasha1188 said:
WE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH US...I H8 AUSTRALIA...WELL NOT REALLI BUT YEH...I H8 THE STUPID POMS...DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL...WE NEED MCGRATH BACK...HE IS THE AUSTRALIA TEAM...WITH HIM WE WIN...I BET THOSE STUPID POMS CURSED HIM SO THAT HE DOESN'T PLAY...DAMN THE STUPID POMS

soz for the caps lock but i am expressing my anger...
We don't just need McGrath, we need Lillie!

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
rewster said:
We don't just need McGrath, we need Lillie!
is lillies dennis lillie? coz he's old he cant play on the team (no offense to him)...we jus need mcgrath...and a better team :p

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
copious said:
Heads will turn in the Aust camp. Some 'incumbent' players really need to take a look at themselves and ask themselves do they still have the passion and determination to play in the game. I'm talking about Haydos especially, Gilly's batting is also all over the place atm. Hussey looks like a decent bet to open for with Langer.
Although Hussey probably should be top of the 'next' list, he isnt. - Hodge is.

If any batsman was to be replaced for the fifth test, it would be for Hodge. To make it easier for people to bag/bitch/enquire about a bowler/batsman, heres the current tour stats:

Batting:
--------------runs----average
Ponting: 324, 40.5
Clarke 310, 38.75
Langer 289 , 36.12
Warne 249, 31.12
Katich 247, 30.87
Lee 152, 30.4
Gilchrist 158, 22.57
Hayden, 180, 22.5
Martyn, 168, 21

Bowling:
-------------wickets--average----econ. rate
Warne 28, 19.67, 3.11
McGrath 14, 20.21, 3.49
Lee 19, 33.68, 4.31
Tait 3, 40.33, 4.32
Kasper 4, 62.5, 4.8
Gillespie 3, 100 4.47

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Isn't the Oval a bit of a greentop usually? That said, they'll probably prepare the flattest pitch in history now and get the raindancers working overtime too.

Our record over there isn't too flash either. Butcher's 173 and other bad memories come to mind.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Q - why dont they get Clarke to bowl? The english wouldnt have prepared for him, and they really do need another spinner, the english are gettin some good swing on the pitches and aus arent, and if they arent gonna put in MacGill i recon they should get clarke to bowl a few

davo_

good kid
HSC
angelduck said:
Q - why dont they get Clarke to bowl? The english wouldnt have prepared for him, and they really do need another spinner, the english are gettin some good swing on the pitches and aus arent, and if they arent gonna put in MacGill i recon they should get clarke to bowl a few
Possibly could be an option, but you do realise SPIN and SWING are two different things? It is the SWING that has been killing the Australians, although Giles has been bowling relatively decent for the Poms... you must notice though, Australia already has the best spinner in the world.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
true, and i ment to say that if we couldnt get swing we could try another spinner, its just really late, but i reckon we'd have a much better chance at winning the last test if we had 2 spinners (come on MacGill!!), it cant really hurt, its not like the current status of our team givces us much hope of winning

We also need to replace hayden, and whilst martyn has got a low average, hes been out lbw on some pretty bad decisions to say the least, so i think he should stay for the final test, maybe put haddin in for gilchrist?? Some younger players might help, Gilly looks a bit tired with the bat, and hasnt been performin as well as usual as keeper either (although that seems to be a problem for both sides)

davo_

good kid
HSC
We might as well fill our team with tail-enders, they're the ones who have been doing all the bowling AND batting. Who knows, Dizzy might come back as a designated batter...

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
If Australia were to play macgill, then one of the batsmen would have to be replaced by an allrounder. - we need 3 pacemen.

It'd be : Langer, Katich.........Watson, Gilchrist, Warne, Lee, Mcgill, Mcgrath.

rewster

HSC
Hayden is playing shit, drop him and make Martyn open! Or bring in David Hussey!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
angelduck said:
true, and i ment to say that if we couldnt get swing we could try another spinner, its just really late, but i reckon we'd have a much better chance at winning the last test if we had 2 spinners (come on MacGill!!), it cant really hurt, its not like the current status of our team givces us much hope of winning

We also need to replace hayden, and whilst martyn has got a low average, hes been out lbw on some pretty bad decisions to say the least, so i think he should stay for the final test, maybe put haddin in for gilchrist?? Some younger players might help, Gilly looks a bit tired with the bat, and hasnt been performin as well as usual as keeper either (although that seems to be a problem for both sides)
As i said before, Hayden's runs in tour matches and his hundred just cant cut it nowadays eh... just drop him!! (what is wrong with you ppl?)

It is just a confidence thing with Hayden at the moment. Martyn is not playing well, yes, but so is everyone else in the team battingwise and you cant just drop everyone... cause who are they going to put in...Hodge? Well no cause he has not performed in tour matches.

MacGill would give England some strife but then it is hard to chose out of Kaspa and Tait cause both of them are valuable. Australia's selection is ultra-conservative so i dont thin they will make any drastic changes but then again the Ashes in on the line so who knows...

Brad_Mclain

HSC
Well it aint looking good for Australia to win the ashes at the moment so here's my suggestions that I think will help out the team.

1) Win the toss and Bat first
2) Learn to bowl swing
3) Drop Hayden for Hussey
4) Get McGrath back drop Kasprowicz
5) Rest the bowlers for a sub fielder (Symonds) like the poms do. (two can play at that game)
6) Bat with some purpose instead of getting out in less than 50 overs (it is a test match not a one dayer)
7) Avoid getting hit on the pads at all times even if it will miss the stumps (the decisions have been pretty ordinary all series for both teams)
8) If your gunna edge it make sure its to Jones or Pietersen
9) Get Brett Lee fired up, his best chance of wickets is to bowl quick

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
good suggestions but WE don't need to know this...the aussie cricket team do...so find a way of communicating this to them coz WE HAVE TO WIN!!! soz

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Brad_Mclain said:
Well it aint looking good for Australia to win the ashes at the moment so here's my suggestions that I think will help out the team.

1) Win the toss and Bat first
2) Learn to bowl swing
3) Drop Hayden for Hussey
4) Get McGrath back drop Kasprowicz
5) Rest the bowlers for a sub fielder (Symonds) like the poms do. (two can play at that game)
6) Bat with some purpose instead of getting out in less than 50 overs (it is a test match not a one dayer)
7) Avoid getting hit on the pads at all times even if it will miss the stumps (the decisions have been pretty ordinary all series for both teams)
8) If your gunna edge it make sure its to Jones or Pietersen
9) Get Brett Lee fired up, his best chance of wickets is to bowl quick

Hahaha ur kdding right?

We already know how to bowl swing, everyone knows how to bowl swing, just keep the seam up and straight but there actions of our bowlers esp Kaspa and McGrath who tend to move the bowl with the seam or with their fingers cannot get swing.

We cannot drop Hayden for Hussey as Hussey is not even in the squad and Hodge would be up then and Hayden has done very well in tour matches, u just can't drop him.

I agree with number 6) bat with some purpose, that is the key
And 7) is a tough one but the luck has definitely gone in favour of the Pomies.

McGrath should come back and its either Tait or Kaspa and i think Kaspa has to go this time.

But we really do not deserve to retain the Ashes after our quite pathetic performances, outplayed in 3 our of 4 games. Something dramatic has to happen but we'll have to try and snatch this one back.

Jimmy_B

HSC
LaCe said:
As i said before, Hayden's runs in tour matches and his hundred just cant cut it nowadays eh... just drop him!! (what is wrong with you ppl?)

It is just a confidence thing with Hayden at the moment. Martyn is not playing well, yes, but so is everyone else in the team battingwise and you cant just drop everyone... cause who are they going to put in...Hodge? Well no cause he has not performed in tour matches.

MacGill would give England some strife but then it is hard to chose out of Kaspa and Tait cause both of them are valuable. Australia's selection is ultra-conservative so i dont thin they will make any drastic changes but then again the Ashes in on the line so who knows...
-hayden hasn't contributed in any of the 4 Test matches so far. he looks all at sea against bowlers who can swing it (ie hoggard and jones). with hussey in the team I'd think we stand a better chance of putting up a big total. also consider how he hasnt scored a tesrt hundred in how many months now?

-yes, marto hasn't made a score yet, but he's been on the end of some roughies from the umpires and deserves another go.

- the oval is the fastest pitch in england, so playing macgill at the expense of a quick is silly imo. mcgrath looks like he might make it so kasper would have to make way for him.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Yeah i know that but putting Hodge for Hayden?? because Hussey cannot get into the team as he is not even in the squad and Hodge gets preferance for Hussey sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)