The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

monesh

HSC
re: The Official Cricket Thread

In theory, the follow-on would be a perfect way to maintain control and mount pressure upon the opponents. But really, it just is too much for the bowlers, especially the seamers.

Think about it, having to bowl consistently at challenging pace for two days straight. It just doesn't work like that. It would be better to opt for the safter option of going back into bat and set a competitive run-chase.
yeh this makes sense. If australia loses this game i swear they should sack ponting as captain, he's to old now, can't even play the pull shot lyk he used to.

Mozza91

HSC

Refer that you fat bastard

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

By 'day', he meant Australia. :D

So with the Saffas at 5/247 and taking Lunch, have we changed our predictions?

SA need around 250 runs from the two sessions after lunch. I can't see them getting that, without taking too many chances (that I could see Aus capitalising on).

At the moment, my heart says a win for Aus, but my head is more inclined to opt for the draw with SA finishing with 8 down. I can't shake the fears of Australia's inability to take 20 wickets, even though they're in the box seat now.

EDIT: Does anyone follow the blog on FoxSports.com? Mark Waugh throwing in some interesting comments.

blue_chameleon

HSC

C'mon Aussies!!!

Duminy just out and the scoreboard now 6/268 with plenty of overs left in the day.

If they can send Morkel back cheaply and quickly, the Saffas ought to be worried.

*Sits on edge of seat*

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC

saf are gone; morkel just got out.

u-borat

Banned
HSC

quality bowling from siddle and johnson; impressive considering our most experienced bowler johnson only has like 20 tests

blue_chameleon

HSC

Happy to see that their great start to this 1st test wasn't spoilt.

Does McDonald stay for the 2nd test?

newmz89

Beer
HSC

Put Geaves in, He got a call up over to south africa didn't he?

Jetta

HSC

Replace MacDonald for Bracken!

However I doubt this will happen as Bracken is stuck in the ODI teams.. and only the ODI team.

P.T.F.E

HSC

yer i knew THE AUSSIES could do it never lost faith or questioned the tatics.
just disappointed i fell asleep during lnch break =[. I can only follow it on radio stupid that its restricted to pay tv.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Drop Katich/McDonald.

P.T.F.E

HSC

yer hate to say it but i think Ronnie should go. he bowled ok but not good enough to retain a place in the side.

HSC

i assume macdonald is in the squad because they consider him an allrounder, not just because he can occasionally bowl well on a seaming wicket. if i were a selector i'd replace him with james hopes. he is a very underated player and much more reliable then an injury prone watson or walkabout andrew symonds.

but why include them when we have johnson, he is improving with the bat all the time. hopefully for the next test mcgain or geeves will get a call up and mcadonald gets the boot.

P.T.F.E

HSC

i assume macdonald is in the squad because they consider him an allrounder, not just because he can occasionally bowl well on a seaming wicket. if i were a selector i'd replace him with james hopes. he is a very underated player and much more reliable then an injury prone watson or walkabout andrew symonds.

but why include them when we have johnson, he is improving with the bat all the time. hopefully for the next test mcgain or geeves will get a call up and mcadonald gets the boot.
yer bring in james hopes hasnt he proved himself yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)