The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Ponting has won 43 of 66 matches (as captain). I'm assuming around 13 draws and 10ish losses.

Given any other player who has captained for over 20 test's, i'm quite sure he would have the highest winning percentage.

Last edited:

Sean432

HSC

Is ricky ponting captain of Pakistan or Australia?

P.T.F.E

HSC

oh for a second i thought u were serious ^ thank frikken goodness

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC

Whoever bats last at the SCG loses. That's the law.

Pakistan came close to breaking it but failed.

P.T.F.E

HSC

what changes do you think will be made in the next match or the following series, and what changes do you think should be made?

Personally, i think when Katich comes back, North needs to be dropped in place of Hughes so that he can get some more time out in the middle in a real game. Whilst north is a great batsmen in State comps, he hasn't performed i feel to be kept. If he should be kept, there should have been every effort made to get Hodges back in the side. North is also not a good slippper. His balance is everywhere.

Leadership wise, i would like to see Ponting be tapped on the shoulder and ideally pass it on to Hussey or Katich. Either one i feel is more experienced and respectable. Realistically I see Clarke getting it since his been groomed for it by punter.

My exact thoughts that north is most likely dropped for katich to come back in and hughes to stay... the only time north preformed was SA.

as for captain. ricky must be considering handing it over and retireing surely. his form isnt on the ball and all his team mates have been retireing and his left with an all new side who probably need a new captain. I am up for clarke. u can bag on him all u want but he has leadership. tatical and that confidence that is needed ina leader.

williamc

HSC

Williamc are you thick?

Any :monkey: could have captained the Australian team with Gillie, Mcgrath, Warney, etc in the side and won with such a high percentage. Ponting IS NOT the best captain, if he was he would be winning every test convincingly with these now less experienced and not so great players.
I guess having played professional cricket myself, i must be thick!

OH LIKE HAY I LIKE PLAY PARK CRICKET AND READ THE PAPER I KNOW ALL

williamc

HSC

But yeah drop north, bring in hughes. Who goes to 1st slip?

Roy9

HSC

North only gets runs when we are in a good position. Whenever we are under pressure and are desperate for runs he bottles it and gets out cheaply. I've never liked him, even when he was getting runs in RSA

P.T.F.E

HSC

O and to add they better not think about bringing in steve smith

williamc

HSC

He has a solid technique, but i don't think he has the temperament to be consistent in test cricket, at the moment anyway. Give him another season or two in first class cricket for him to further develop.

P.T.F.E

HSC

agreed otherwise it wll be like another warner

williamc

HSC

O and to add they better not think about bringing in steve smith
having played grade cricket against steve + all the praise and coaching he is getting from Shane, i would like to have seen Australia drop North for this test, play the two spinners, move haddin to 6 and just get Johnson to bat 7, he almost averages 30 anyway lol

note: if it wasnt a green pitch

Last edited:

williamc

HSC

lol i wouldn't say first grade is professional level . Professional cricket is where a team pays you an income to play cricket for them and this rumuneration is sufficient for you to live off for a considerable portion of your life. Considering you finished your has in 2007 and study business admin at mac your not a 'professional cricketer'.

Secondly, you don't need to be a prof. cricketer to realize that ponting isn't the best captain. An excellent captain is one that is able to utilize the mediocre skills of an average team and fashion a win. Like the indian teams, the lankan teams, the english teams etc. Ponting has golden players who do all the winning for him. And he gets credit for it statistically. And knobs like you think his the best.

Sorry but your a nobody. Havn't heard of a William C before. So your comments don't have any added zest than any body elses If it was Stuart Clarke on Bos or somone of that calibre then yes. You, no.

I was getting paid to play cricket, which at the time, was more than i could earn anywhere else at that stage in my life

i disagree with the rest of your post.

HSC

With Pakistan's history I wouldn't be surprised if they put money on Australia to win at odds of 10 to 1 and are now laughing all the way to the bank

HSC

Did anyone else read Peter Roebuck's interview with Mohammad Yousuf in the Herald on saturday? Roebuk asked him about matchfixing in the ICL and Yousuf said "can we please talk about something else", hardly convincing

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Drop Siddle as well, he has been playing shit recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)