• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Day After Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by astro
Even though i don't usually like this genre (if you even call it that) i still want to see TDAT....and i have to agree Independence Day was bloody brilliant
If by 'bloody brilliant' you mean 'bloody jingoistic'. I believe the Today, is our independence day scene was recently voted the cheesiest in film history. Not a fan myself, although that is no surprise.

My question, does a dog of some variety survive in this film? If so, more evidence to my thesis about dogs always surviving in disaster films.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think I might go see this tomorrow, aswell as Troy. Man tomorrow will totally rock.

juggernaut

HSC
yes, a dog of a homeless man survives..

the movie was dissapointing to say the least...

layzie bone

Yes, its jus the American Hollywood thing, they usually don't kill animals like a pet dog... i heard they did it in Urban Legend, but I don't know...

I know they've done it alots of times in Japanese movies...
If anyone saw Audition which was on SBS last year and this year (the most freaky movie ever because of that change in genre... it moved from romance melodrama to mystery to psycho horror... and that torture scene is just... fuck my legs are numb again!), yeah pthe oor puppy was poisoned in Audition... its pretty sick too.. (sick as in gruesome).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I can't wait to see the movie. I'm seeing it on the weekend. I love these types of weather / natural disaster movies ... they are so cool. :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
its supposed to have the motifs from independence and deep impact.

meh dont think i'll go and watch it, its sci-fi and i dont actually like those kind of films anyway.

is HP coming out that day as well? o_O or are my sources false?

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
i saw this movie on thursday during the strike.
for those that only want a short opinion that may influence their decision in seeing it or not here you go...

the day after tomorrow= ***/*****

for others i elaborate....

i like destruction i adore it. the scene in the first 4min of the film were great, the CGI wasn't too crappy, people were killed etc. so in that respects it was great. however the shortcoming are as follows....
1) dennis quaid is a shit actor. acting doesn't always mean a lot to everyone, but he is pretty terrible.
2) the human aspect of the film (ie: loved ones dying or trying to save them etc) was as always, too sentimental
3) there was only 1 'real man.' by real man i mean the kinda guy who isnt pussy enough to do whats require of a man. there was one guy who made himself fall to his death to save another. too bad the movie just treated him a poor unfortunate victim, in contrast to the real truth: this man was not a pussy and was not afraid of death.

though i like how they kinda steered clear of the racial sterotypes.

for those who have said that they like this disaster genre i encourage you to rent out 'storm.' you will not regret it.

maybe you will

enough said. if you're going to the movies this weekend, only go see day after tomorrow if you've already seen troy.
otherwise go see brad pitt kick the shit out of eric bana

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by eLmo
bah... was it really worth the ...$12 or wutever it is?..
if its your typical disaster movie- i'm sure the dvd would be suffice... (if you have surround sound and big screen @ home) :D
fuck i wouldnt even bother seeing it on dvd. It really isnt worth it.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
it was independence day, with the aliens replaced by bad weather

the dialogue was so predictable that my girlfriend and i could actually mime along with the characters

"dont let go"
"i'm not leaving without you"
"im coming too"

etc

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I just got home from seeing it.

Absolutely awsome.

I felt like l was really there. If you want to see it, see it at the movies, you probably won't get the same impact as if you watch it on the small screen.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
woulda prefered if the whole world was destroyed rather than a fluffy ending... prefer bittersweet endings, or total destruction. Like on The Beach, I loved that movie - I was in tears with Bryan Brown at the end, at Bathurst.

LOL, never been one for happy endings...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Saw it lastnight and it is THE BEST. Similar to independence day, though not as alike as everyone makes it out to be.. so watch it !! the only way you'll find out if you like it or not is if you go see it yourself, and a tip, it's best to watch @ the movies rather than at home... the big screen & special effects stand out more.

Maveryck

It was really well done, the special effects were awesome.

If only there was a plot, or a decent script. Although that chick that Jake Gyllenhaal gets with is pretty damn hot. And the snow was a pretty cool touch. :p

tom_sampson

...That was a pretty shocking pun there chap. The wolves could have looked a bit more real though, they did a good job with the rest of it. And I reckon Jake Gyllenhaal would make a mad hobo, he should be one in his next movie, it'd suit him so well.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol yeh jake gyllenhaal makes a h0ttie bum. what annoys me is everyone saying "oh the wolves were sooo fake" lalala well geebuz.. that whole disaster thing happening in a couple days ain't exactly realistic ? it's still a pretty mad movie if you don't focus on how *realistic* it is..

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by up here
when the wolves appear, it was a really thrilling part.
I nearly died laughing... i mean everything mounting up was just hilarous, the whole ice age part, the chick getting sick, the fact that there was a goddamn boat outside the library and then the wolves... i almost died

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)