• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Day After Tomorrow (2 Viewers)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I went to see it tonight :) We all felt deceived coz the ad poster has Sydney in it, but there was NO Sydney at all in the actual film.

Hopefully, that really won't happen in life

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i went to see it. it was terrible, although jake g is a hunny. the sad thing is, it was still better than troy.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Does anyone know how the wolves survived?

They escaped when it was raining and they were roaming the streets. Next thing the wave comes over and freezes...how did they live?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Misturi
Does anyone know how the wolves survived?

They escaped when it was raining and they were roaming the streets. Next thing the wave comes over and freezes...how did they live?
They probably got to high ground..
and they looked like arctic wolves, so they'd survive those sort of temperatures

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Saw it today, and it was a great movie.

The cinema felt like it was moving. It was so cool.

I would recommend seeing it at the movies and not waiting til it comes out on dvd, you won't get the same effect.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
and they looked like arctic wolves, so they'd survive those sort of temperatures
My friend said that they are used to the temps too, but l want to know why they didn't drown or get frozen when the water froze up?

Maybe they did get to high ground.....l dunno.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
if they were anywhere outside, they would have frozen to death. -160 degrees farenheit (which is what dennis quaid's character said the conditions were) is not exactly arctic temperature either!

yes, it is going to happen one day, but not in our lifetime, and not over the course of 6-7weeks (another ice age that is)

and if the movie had been about the survival AFTER the disaster, rather than the leadup to the disaster..there would not have been as much tension. this tension, and the CGI animations ..is kind of what made up the movie really...

but having said that i still enjoyed it cos like you minai, i love natural disaster movies. i think there's something quite poetic about how potentially devastating nature can be, and we are kind of ignorant to that fact (especially in australia because we don't have volcanoes or tsunamis or serious earthquakes or hurricanes or anything)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
if they were anywhere outside, they would have frozen to death. -160 degrees farenheit (which is what dennis quaid's character said the conditions were) is not exactly arctic temperature either!
I wonder where they went to then. I was wondering where they came from when they emerged out of nowhere into the boat.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
nature can be, and we are kind of ignorant to that fact (especially in australia because we don't have volcanoes or tsunamis or serious earthquakes or hurricanes or anything) [/B]

We have hurricanes in the tropics. Hurricanes are a tropical occurance.
We have intra - plate earthquakes, and the way that people treat this planet, we can expect heaps more.
Australia was formed by volcanoes, and the east of Australia is covered in volcanoes, however, they remain dormant.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought the wolves scene was before the big freeze up? (ie, the eye of the storm)

anyhow, I think they got it wrong in the movie, where they said "Australia was hit by the biggest typhoon in history"
it should be 'cyclone' right?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They are Americans, they always get things wrong, lol.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Saw it last week, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Nice special effects, no plotline but you get that in disaster movies. It's good to live in Australia! We didn't get touched :)

My first impression was that it seemed like the world's longest Greenpeace ad for global warming, and my second was that it was a collage of several other disaster movies (Twister, Vertical Limit, Deep Impact etc).

But overall it wasn't too bad. Very predictable.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Cape
We have hurricanes in the tropics. Hurricanes are a tropical occurance.
We have intra - plate earthquakes, and the way that people treat this planet, we can expect heaps more.
Australia was formed by volcanoes, and the east of Australia is covered in volcanoes, however, they remain dormant.
okay i obviously exaggerated a bit, but my point was we are considerably luckier than a lot of other countries where earthquakes (japan) and volcanoes (new zealand) and tornadoes/hurricanes (america) are almost an everyday event.
I thought the wolves scene was before the big freeze up? (ie, the eye of the storm)

oh yeah, you're right

Saul

*ss
HSC
guys, it verged on fucking terrible - at least independance day had a bounty of corny will smith lines - all this had was sweet CGI and an absolutely awful story line.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by glycerine
oh thank god someone agrees.
/bows down.

i walked out of there thinking it was one of the worst movies id ever seen. it was just so stupidly bad on so many levels. i actually hated the movie.

this is a good review which brings up just a few of the stupidly stupid nonsensical things in the film.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=4902

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)