The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

veridis

droog
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

for most players 1 year contracts aren't good, cause more good players won't sign one year cotnracts. tell me is archie on one? is muscat on one? is allsopp on one? is brebner on one? is caceras on one? you're lucky that you signed your shit players on one year contracts in v1, but signing them in the first place was still a mistake. your only good player to sign a 1 year contract, fred, left straight away afterwards, which is why you guys are struggling now, you still have the quality but don't know how to play as a team without fred yet. one year contracts dont help you "build an empire for the long term", it's the long term contracts to your quality player that let you do that.

i liked perths defending for you lack of goals.

HSC

veridis said:
lol....like that style of play do ya????? not suprised one bit.

veridis

droog
HSC

aodmjgnwpekignw said:
lol....like that style of play do ya????? not suprised one bit.
i like the fact that for the first time in 3 seasons i wasn't the one that had to sit through it.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
for most players 1 year contracts aren't good, cause more good players won't sign one year cotnracts. tell me is archie on one? is muscat on one? is allsopp on one? is brebner on one? is caceras on one? you're lucky that you signed your shit players on one year contracts in v1, but signing them in the first place was still a mistake. your only good player to sign a 1 year contract, fred, left straight away afterwards, which is why you guys are struggling now, you still have the quality but don't know how to play as a team without fred yet. one year contracts dont help you "build an empire for the long term", it's the long term contracts to your quality player that let you do that.

The difference was the fact Archie and Muscat were proven. Lia and those dropkicks were not. It's not lucky. It's common sense, something the SFC board struggles with.

When a team is offering Fred 3X the amount we were, I doubt him being contracted would have stood in the way.

veridis

droog
HSC

zdonk had a better record than almost anyone else and pre-v1 all the commentators expected SFCs strike force to dominate. apart from zdonk please point out where SFC have lacked significant common sense but other clubs have done better. if lia and the other dropkicks were so bad why sign them in the first place
stopping fred from leaving when someone was offering him 3 times the wages is exactly what being contracted would do. the only way out of it would have been a whopping big transfer fee. dont get me wrong i'm not blaming the MV board for him going but just saying 1 year cotnracts dont build and empire as you tried to claim.

sk1001

HSC

In season one, we didn't exactly have all the time in the world to set up a decent squad.

Even if Fred was contracted, DC would have bought him out. We would have got a transfer fee out of it, but he still would have left. You need to remember that Fred was a nobody before Victory, so I still stand by the initial one year contract we gave him.

veridis

droog
HSC

i completely agree with the 1 year contract to randoms, just saying it doesn't make for an empire as you claim.
nobody else had any extra time before v1, poor excuse.

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
i completely agree with the 1 year contract to randoms, just saying it doesn't make for an empire as you claim.
nobody else had any extra time before v1, poor excuse.
MVFC created an empire by looking to the future. Sydney FC just went apeshit and bought anything that had a shimmer about it. You had Dwight for a season, Kazu for four weeks, but where are they now?

Look at the calibre of the players that left Sydney FC after season one and compare that to the calibre (or lack thereof) of the players that left Melbourne. With the exception of Richard Kitzbichler, I'm more than happy to have seen the back of the other departing players.

rhcpfox1

HSC

sk1001 said:
MVFC created an empire by looking to the future. Sydney FC just went apeshit and bought anything that had a shimmer about it. You had Dwight for a season, Kazu for four weeks, but where are they now?

Look at the calibre of the players that left Sydney FC after season one and compare that to the calibre (or lack thereof) of the players that left Melbourne. With the exception of Richard Kitzbichler, I'm more than happy to have seen the back of the other departing players.

Bring Back Diaco....
He ate all the pies...

veridis

droog
HSC

sk1001 said:

yeah piss off fred, you were shit.
leijer, we had to let you go cause we were looking to the future to build an empire.
oh and in case you want to argue they were v2 not v1 so it was sooo different, archie left after v1, just PSV rejected him so he came back. it's a bit hard to have quality players leave after v1 when you didn't have anyone play well in v1.

klassytrev

HSC

omg, does any team other than the central coast hav a desire to win this year, or is everyone just playin for draws...

Lets hope the Newcastle Jets can step up against wellington

GO THE JETS!!!!!!!

sk1001

HSC

veridis said:
yeah piss off fred, you were shit.
leijer, we had to let you go cause we were looking to the future to build an empire.
oh and in case you want to argue they were v2 not v1 so it was sooo different, archie left after v1, just PSV rejected him so he came back. it's a bit hard to have quality players leave after v1 when you didn't have anyone play well in v1.
lulz. thats my whole argument. shitcunt left. we didn't tie them to 2 year contracts where we knew we might have to suffer even more. Archie may have went to PSV, but where is he now?

veridis

droog
HSC

if they were shitcunts why sign them in the first place? the 1 year contracts were not part of some grand plan to build an empire as you claim, your management fucked up and were lucky that you weren't tied to any of them for any period of time.

sk1001

HSC

We went through this just a couple of posts ago. Every team had a limited time to put together a squad. They wern't the best players, but that's besides the point. We were looking to the future. By signing them on one year contracts it gave us the option to give them the boot if they were shite, or sign them on again if they were decent. Locking shitcunts like Zdrillic on multiple year contracts illustrates my point perfectly.

And to think you would breach the salary cap over him of all players!

veridis

droog
HSC

so what do the decisions to sign players like carney, milligan, corica, bolton, petrovski, yorke, rudan and topor-stanley say about your theory?
i'll admit it would have been a mistake to sign the crap players for multiple seasons, but i don't see how you can say it was future planning to build an empire or use the short length of the contract to justify their signing in the first place. having them one year makes them lesser mistakes than someone like zdrilla, but MV had a damn lot of mistakes in v1 yet you're still very positive about it.

i wont even get into how all the salary cap breaches were fully disclosed and approved by the FFA but then they decided to change their interpretation of the rules and lowy didn't have the balls to show FFA the reponse they sent when SFC were trying to figure out the rules. i agree that the payments to zdonk were bs, but the FFA fucked up just as much if not more than SFC yet we cop it.

sk1001

HSC

another dismal result for the sky blues, another dismal crowd as well.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

bling bling fc, what an appalling effort, 4th game of the season and still without a win. and people were thinking they are a premiership contender, pffft, please. a few more weeks and the sportstab will be paying $1001.

sk1001

HSC

To think they have played 3 of their games at home as well!

matt#1

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
To think they have played 3 of their games at home as well!
I'm a Sydney FC fan as well...and yes I have to admit that we have had a horrible start to the new season. You can keep banging on about that all you like but it dosen't hide the fact that your beloved Melbourne have not had a win this season yet either. Yes they are doing better than Sydney but they certainly don't like anything like the team they were last season.

sk1001

HSC

matt#1 said:
I'm a Sydney FC fan as well...and yes I have to admit that we have had a horrible start to the new season. You can keep banging on about that all you like but it dosen't hide the fact that your beloved Melbourne have not had a win this season yet either. Yes they are doing better than Sydney but they certainly don't like anything like the team they were last season.
At the end of the day, at least Melbourne has shown glimpses of quality. We've had two tough assignments away to Nix and Adelaide and come out with draws, managed to get a point from the Glory who came to the dome with 11 cunts behind the ball, and were unlucky last night.

On the other hand, Sydney has its well known sloppy defending and failure to create goalscoring chances without Juninho. The fact of the matter is that both games SFS have lost have been at home, perhaps the most alarming stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)