The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
he shouldnt expect to play in england, yep, great move for your career ... replace carlton cole :rolleyes:
LoL

Nah Drogba and Crespo might leave, so Cuntski might only have Sheva and him left.

- L1n -

HSC
LMF^^ said:
LoL

Nah Drogba and Crespo might leave, so Cuntski might only have Sheva and him left.

Crespo is trash ever since he went to chelsea from inter his career has holted immensely, and drogba i'm not a fan so if they leave who cares lol.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
- L1n - said:
Yeh me to. U no what i want more is have Bill Gates get off his rich ass and buy United. lol then we talk money. Bill >>>>>>>>Roman.
Pfft, we don't need him.

Leeds United will prove to be the best fairytale to ever come out of English folklore.

A powerhouse of the late 1990s and early 2000s, the Whites were crushed by a corrupt chairman who sent the club spiralling into 80 million Pounds of debt.

Not even able to pay players match fees, Leeds were relegated from the English Premier League at the end of the 2003/04 season. Two seasons later, minus every decent player they previously had, the Whites made the Playoff Final of the Coca-Cola Championship, only to be denied by former Leeds coach, Aidy Boothroyd. This merely stalled their charge back to the Premiership by one season, as the Whites smashed through the 2006/07 season, finishing first in the CCC and gaining automatic promotion to the Premier League at the expense of their conquerors of the season before, Watford.

The beginning of the fairytale was set in motion with a crunching 3-1 defeat of Manchester United at Old Trafford in the opening round of the 2007/08 EPL season. Rob Hulse was the hero, scoring a double. Off-season buy, Pepe Reina, was outstanding all season in goal, whilst January transfers Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, both upset at their lack of match time with their respective clubs, rose to a new level as they led Leeds to the Barclays Premiership in their first season back in the top flight.

Chelsea could only watch in vain as their former star Lampard became known as the world's best player after Ronaldinho Gaucho suffered an injury which sidelined him for the whole season. Big-spending Roman was left to rue spending 350 million pounds on Ronaldinho, who's injury left a gaping hole in midfield, with Michael Ballack unable to fill the void adequately.

Leeds United truly proved their status as the world's most dominant club in 2008/09, as they swept all before them, winning the EPL, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League treble.

Leeds United -- the ultimate success story.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Leeds fanz have gon to a new low, dreamin about treble success while still floatin in the Championship. Why did you post that anyway Dragonz, it just lookz like a big joke on Leeds itself.

Jimmy_B

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Pfft, we don't need him.

Leeds United will prove to be the best fairytale to ever come out of English folklore.

A powerhouse of the late 1990s and early 2000s, the Whites were crushed by a corrupt chairman who sent the club spiralling into 80 million Pounds of debt.

Not even able to pay players match fees, Leeds were relegated from the English Premier League at the end of the 2003/04 season. Two seasons later, minus every decent player they previously had, the Whites made the Playoff Final of the Coca-Cola Championship, only to be denied by former Leeds coach, Aidy Boothroyd. This merely stalled their charge back to the Premiership by one season, as the Whites smashed through the 2006/07 season, finishing first in the CCC and gaining automatic promotion to the Premier League at the expense of their conquerors of the season before, Watford.

The beginning of the fairytale was set in motion with a crunching 3-1 defeat of Manchester United at Old Trafford in the opening round of the 2007/08 EPL season. Rob Hulse was the hero, scoring a double. Off-season buy, Pepe Reina, was outstanding all season in goal, whilst January transfers Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, both upset at their lack of match time with their respective clubs, rose to a new level as they led Leeds to the Barclays Premiership in their first season back in the top flight.

Chelsea could only watch in vain as their former star Lampard became known as the world's best player after Ronaldinho Gaucho suffered an injury which sidelined him for the whole season. Big-spending Roman was left to rue spending 350 million pounds on Ronaldinho, who's injury left a gaping hole in midfield, with Michael Ballack unable to fill the void adequately.

Leeds United truly proved their status as the world's most dominant club in 2008/09, as they swept all before them, winning the EPL, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League treble.

hahaha. delusion at it's finest. even though the author is obviously not being serious.

anyways, the timess say we've signed zokora! :) spurs are having a good transfer window so far. adding lots of quality.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Leeds fanz have gon to a new low, dreamin about treble success while still floatin in the Championship. Why did you post that anyway Dragonz, it just lookz like a big joke on Leeds itself.
LMF, you're just cut that I said it was Man Utd getting their butts kicked :rofl:

johnny_87

HSC
Seems like Diarra is on his way - Lyon have signed Toulalan, and will sign Kallstrom and possibly Makoun. I'm happy, but was really hoping for Mascherano (although I think Corinthians give Roman head).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
LMF, you're just cut that I said it was Man Utd getting their butts kicked :rofl:
Gee, why would I be considerin that you guyz might not even be there to play against us by 07/08.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
DRAGONZ said:

Good grief that's pathetic. :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
There is a clone of Abramovich out there, he's just not quite as rich, and he's Lithuanan. His name is Vladimir Romanov.

DRAGONZ said:

I'll let u dream- taking the mickey out of Leeds fans is like flogging roadkill :p

johnny_87 said:
Seems like Diarra is on his way - Lyon have signed Toulalan, and will sign Kallstrom and possibly Makoun. I'm happy, but was really hoping for Mascherano (although I think Corinthians give Roman head).
Just goes to show how brilliant Lyon are. Losing so many brilliant players may have hurt other clubs badly, but Lyon bounce back better every time. Kallstrom is a brilliant player and will be a good replacement for Diarra, a player I rated better than Essien when they played together. Yet as long as they retain Juninho, who's been their constant throughout all their success, Lyon will keep getting better.

johnny_87

HSC
I'm still hoping that it's a smokescreen. Apparently Fergie went to Brazil to watch a Corinthians game at the end of the season, so hopefully he's signing Mascherano (I read that MSI are owned by the protege of one of Abramovich's biggest rivals...so who knows?)!

Other signings I'd like - Ronaldo and Lennon!

I get the feeling United have been very careful not to make their targets well known so that the Chelscum don't hijack our bids.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The last place fo a midfielder to go now iz Chelsea, unless they wanna sit on the bench all the time.

Jimmy_B

HSC
johnny_87 said:
I get the feeling United have been very careful not to make their targets well known so that the Chelscum don't hijack our bids.
no point, the player's agents would tell them anyway. great way to jack up the price and their commision as such.

johnny_87

HSC
But seriously, what player is going to want to go to Chel$cum now?

E.g. Man Utd bid 20m for Player Z. Player Z's agent tells Chel$cum, they bid 30m, Utd pull out, and player moves to Chel$cum, and sacks his agent for his greed. Player Z joins players A-Y on the bench. Is he really going to be happy?

I think that if the player has any brains and isn't corrupted by money, he would tell his agent to keep his mouth shut. I would tell my agent that if I ended up at Chel$cum, I'd sack him. Simple!

Jimmy_B

HSC
johnny_87 said:
But seriously, what player is going to want to go to Chel$cum now?

E.g. Man Utd bid 20m for Player Z. Player Z's agent tells Chel$cum, they bid 30m, Utd pull out, and player moves to Chel$cum, and sacks his agent for his greed. Player Z joins players A-Y on the bench. Is he really going to be happy?

I think that if the player has any brains and isn't corrupted by money, he would tell his agent to keep his mouth shut. I would tell my agent that if I ended up at Chel$cum, I'd sack him. Simple!
i dunno, i'm sure the money they get offers them some comfort. also seeing as though they're guaranteed a league title from now on too.

johnny_87

HSC
Who would you prefer win the title Jimmy? Chel$cum or Man Utd?

Don't write us off just yet. Although possibly the best first XI on paper now (them and Barca), United could challenge next year assuming the central midfield is improved and we sign a winger/and or striker (assuming Ruud leaves).

Although a little optimistic, this is still realistic:

Mascherano (Diarra could be a smokescreen?)/Diarra
Lennon/Ribery (If Mascherano doesn't work out, we could say to Lyon "Give us Diarra for 15-18m pds and we will let you have Ribery" and then we sign Lennon!)
Ronaldo/Huntelaar (Ronaldo knows he would be welcome here. Standing ovation in the CL).

With the egos at Chel$cum (especially Ballack), if they lose Gallas and they buy Carlos for LB, who knows what could happen? Their solid back four wouldn't be so solid, and Terry out for a few games would be interesting.

We just have to stay close for the first 10 or so games, keep the pressure on them and see what happens. Gotta have faith as a fan Jimmy!

How do you rate Spurs' chances for the top 4 next year? With Henry staying and the extra year of experience for the youngsters, it could be very tough for Spurs to crack the top 4.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
i dunno, i'm sure the money they get offers them some comfort. also seeing as though they're guaranteed a league title from now on too.
But to get an actual winners medal u need to have made at least 10 appearances isnt it? I dont think Cudicini picked up medals the past 2 seasons cos he didnt get on the field enough times...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
Who would you prefer win the title Jimmy? Chel$cum or Man Utd?

Don't write us off just yet. Although possibly the best first XI on paper now (them and Barca)
With the signing of Ballack and imminent signing of Sheva...I would sadly argue that Chelsea's first XI is now stronger than even Barca's. The only thing that Brca have over Chelsea is the world's best player, Ronaldinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)