The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
johnny_87 said:
Who would you prefer win the title Jimmy? Chel$cum or Man Utd?
dead heat i reckon. three years of buying the title doesn't yet cancel out the decade that manyoo spent doing it in my opinion. i'd prefer liverpool out of any of the big four to win it.

Don't write us off just yet. Although possibly the best first XI on paper now (them and Barca), United could challenge next year assuming the central midfield is improved and we sign a winger/and or striker (assuming Ruud leaves).
problem is fergie's has been very hit and miss in the transfer market recently. i'm not sure you'll strengthen well enough to bridge the gap. especially with them signing pretty much the two best players available right now.

Although a little optimistic, this is still realistic:

Mascherano (Diarra could be a smokescreen?)/Diarra
Lennon/Ribery (If Mascherano doesn't work out, we could say to Lyon "Give us Diarra for 15-18m pds and we will let you have Ribery" and then we sign Lennon!)
Ronaldo/Huntelaar (Ronaldo knows he would be welcome here. Standing ovation in the CL).
- dunno why people love mascherano so much. surely no-one could've seen that much of him lately. diarra is going to cost an arm and a leg. would malcolm loosen the purse strings for him and still allow other big name signings?

-you ain't getting lennon or carrick this season. maybe at the end of next season they might want to move on if we dont make the champions league. ribery could be a good signing.

-ronaldo is probably a bit lazy to make as big an impact as you'd hope. hunteelar or kujjit(altho probably liverpool bound) would be better, with rossi making the step up.

With the egos at Chel$cum (especially Ballack), if they lose Gallas and they buy Carlos for LB, who knows what could happen? Their solid back four wouldn't be so solid, and Terry out for a few games would be interesting.

We just have to stay close for the first 10 or so games, keep the pressure on them and see what happens. Gotta have faith as a fan Jimmy!
agreed, apparently mourinho didnt want ballack, essien or swp but abramovich signed them. hopefully they get to the "too many cooks...." stage. blind faith is good, but i see the scousers doing well if they sign some class attackers. rafa is probably the most cunning of all the top 4 managers tactically as well.

How do you rate Spurs' chances for the top 4 next year? With Henry staying and the extra year of experience for the youngsters, it could be very tough for Spurs to crack the top 4.
we've signed pretty well again and there's more to come, but i can definitely see arsenal shooting up the ladder and maybe challenging again. wenger has already signed rosicky and "hectic" (if you remember him) reckons that they're a good bet to sign marco senna and sanli tuncay this transfer window. depending on whether they can replace the fat cunt at the back they'll get a lot more points and we might have them back in the top two.

liverpool will probably get kujjit, and if they can sign some quality wingers they'll be really strong too. i'm sure they'd be competing with you guys for ribery too. no hope of us catching them either.

i doubt we'll be catching manyoo either considering the points difference and the imbalance in transfer budget either, so i'm pretty pessimistic of our chances of the top 4, unless one of you implodes again like arsneal did this season and liverpool last season. :(

johnny_87

HSC
Mascherano is pretty hyped up but for a defensive or even box-to-box mid to be hyped in the Brazilian league means he must be pretty damn good.

I think Lennon and Reo-coker coming in after this season would be pretty good. Reo-coker will want to have a go in Europe with the Hammers, as will Lennon at Spurs.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
johnny_87 said:
I think Lennon and Reo-coker coming in after this season would be pretty good. Reo-coker will want to have a go in Europe with the Hammers, as will Lennon at Spurs.
which club? reo coker will stay at my hammers :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
God you United fans are arrogant :D. Any English talent dazzles for one season and you think they'll be over the moon to sign up. I doubt if either Lennon or Reo-Coker will go to the old toilet to be honest. At least one more season at their respective clubs.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Reo Coker has signed up is till 2010, as of last year so he's not going anywhere! I've had enough of our talent being poached -_-;

Last edited:

johnny_87

HSC
I said that they would stay at least one more season, and I would prefer that. I'd like to see them both prove themselves in Europe before coming to us (if that is to happen in the future).

Benny - Old Trafford is twice the stadium Anfield is. And at least we don't need council assistance when it comes to our stadium :p

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey if u wanna rip on liverpool fans just ask them how long it has been since a league championship title? hmmm...ouch its been ages...! go united..oh and dont forget no champion team can have Crouch can they? lol.

johnny_87

HSC
I know Led Zep but then you just receive the obligatory '5 times'. Funny how Fatboy Fowler did that to us whilst playin for City this year when he has never been involved in any of the 5. :d Tool!

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
no in all seriousness, liverpool, as much as i hate you guys, do have a very strong team, they just lack decent wingers and a strike partnership, and no fowler and/or crouch can do that. And they are selling cisse who i think could have been a real gem, hes quick, got a hell of a shot and is a good finisher. united on the other hand need a replacement for ruud if he goes, god please let him stay!, and we need 2 midfielders 1) for scholes when he goes = AMC or riquelme hopefully, and a DMC- which should be Diarra, plus we need a ML cause park aint doin it and giggs time is nearly up, so i dunno Malouda is good and inexpensive, and finally our defence, Silvestre and Brown must go, they are terrible how many times has mikeal fucked up and brown that lead to a goal.. We need to strenghten that defence. Its alot to ask for but those are the areas that are weak, only then can we win the league and or champions cup

- L1n -

HSC
Yeh that sounds about right 3 MF - AMF, DMF, LW/LMF

i would want Aimar, Diarra and Vicente. IMHO i still think Aimar can offer more for united then Riquleme in terms of attacking abilities to me both of em r on par and main difference is Aimar has the speed to go with that. Vicente would be my pick to replace Giggs the dude is a natural LW like giggs. As for defence we r looking pretty strong, Vidic, Ferdinand, Heinze, Evra, Gary Neville, Brown, Silvestre. GN is pretty old now aswell, but i don't think we need anymore defence look at the defenders coming through the youth program, Pique anyone? i recon pique is gonna be a star defender come few seasons. Hopefully Ruud dosen't leave otherwise we r totally screwed as if Saha can take his spot, no way.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ur right saha cant, but he did have a good combo with rooney. but yes i do hope ruud stays. and whilst we have a lot of defenders, Brown and Silvestre are our main culprits when it comes to mistakes that costs us games, the Chelsea game in which we pretty much lost the crown, a couple of the goals were due to silvestre doin his usual of standing around lookin like a damn fool..we need to get rid of him and injury prone brown and get some quality defenders. now rio aint perfect but he is quick and can actually man mark, as opposed to mikael and brown. Aimar would be great, but i think riqulme is the natural playmaker that we have been missing, only veron comes to mind in recent years but he didnt settle well..which is a shame cause he was genius. Vicente would be good but he is gettin on isnt he? id prefer someone young, giggs was a youngie when he began so we need someone similar, quick, dribbling abilty and who scores goals. We got the right side covered, but yea Centre midfield, Defence and possibly another striker. i heard on football 365 that we are interested in Kerlon..that could be interesting...

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
Dear god this thread has turned into a regular Scumchester love-in. :p
and in led-zep they've got another riquelme lover. i hope united do sign him, he's got no bollox. expect the likes of robbie cuntage and co to break him within the first couple of months.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Sheva in talkz wit Chelsea now, how I hate it to happen even though I know itz inevitable. Some reportz are sayin we're interested in Vieira, I don't know how that can ever happen. We don't want him anyway. Gattuso remainz a reasonably priced player, certainly a cheaper option compared to Diarra. Wit the money Milan are gettin I'm sure they wouldn't mind cashin in on another one of their assetz. :p

Inter want Campbell too...? Lookz like Ruud won't be gettin all the attention afterall.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you stopped for a while, but can you PLEASE stop replacing Ss with Zs. It's pointless, it doesn't take less time, and it makes your opinion worth less.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jeez, you manyoo fans have a more lengthier wishlist than Mourinho. No club (perhaps bar chelsea) is so blasé about transfer action than the punters here. Rumours are circulating that Celtic are targeting Gravesen, Denilson and Quinton Fortune, and Id be very surprised if more than one of them come into fruition.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
you stopped for a while, but can you PLEASE stop replacing Ss with Zs. It's pointless, it doesn't take less time, and it makes your opinion worth less.
I've tried Stas, he doesn't listen, evar. :(

johnny_87

HSC
BJ - I only want 3 players brought in really - Mascherano, Lennon and Ronaldo. I can handle slight variations - Riquelme I'm not convinced can handle the EPL, but he is pretty strong on the ball. Everyone says he needs time on the ball - well he creates that time, it's not just given to him on a silver platter. I think we would have to see him to be sure. And who cares if he didn't play well against Arsenal? You can't judge a player from 1-2 games. If you did, you wouldn't think Ronaldinho was the world's best player based on his CL final performance.
Huntelaar would be a good striker but a top striker with experience would be nice. I don't think Ronaldo would fetch much more than Ruud either, but we will see what happens.

Led Zep - Brown crap? You're kidding right! Injury-prone yes, but definitely not crap! Silvesyre out hopefully, but we have to give Evra a year and see how Spector goes at Chalrton.

L1n - I'd prefer that 1 of the players we bring in be English, unless we are waiting for next year. I don't want us to become the new Arsenal! Lennon (sorry Jimmy!) or Reo-Coker (sorry copious!)! :p

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
no i aint kiddin, Brown is a hopeless defender, some of the mistakes he has made make me question his abilities..if i could find footage of his howlers ever since he made it to the first team ud think again about not callin him crap. him and mikeal need to go. i like evra i think his quick and has skill, but we have heinze also so that will be a problem i suppose we could give evra a wing back role but that would change entire formation...ronaldo, whilst i love that man, is to old and way past his best for united. we need young brilliant players mixed with experience and we got it wif giggs, neville and ruud. so we just need to keep ruud and add more youth. Id love kerlon to join, thats a rumour goin round. The Glazers were meant to bring more transfer funds for us damn it! im sick of chelsea buyin every one, doesnt matter they will be bankrupt within 5 years. And it isnt the united way to "buy" a team, but "Make" one...eg..United 93-97 and also 98-2002

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Dont forget Rossie and Richardson, good youth and raw talent there.

PS : Please use paragraphs, easier to read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)