The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
And Ballack is a pussy who hacked him from behind a minute earlier in that game and laughed when he was getting up. He asked for it the dirty cunt.
Ballack hacked him from behind?? Are you kidding me? Ballack had the ball and was running down the wing with it only to have Cesc slide in. Ballack tripped over Cesc's legs and looked at the ref in appeal. Cesc got in his face and spat.

He wasn't "asking for it".

LMF^^ said:
Cisse...? I can't remember how he got injured but I just saw him fell to the ground wit the bone stickin out of hiz leg.
Cisse got hacked from behind and the bone came out of his leg. If the doctors hadn't acted so quickly he would have had to have his leg amputated.

HeCtic said:
Yes, all the big teams get a kicking away from home. Difference is, Arsenal,Utd and Chelsea still manage to get results, Liverpool haven't shown that they can.
HeCtic - I agreed we played inconsistant but I'm not going to list my reasons as for why that was so - You guys have heard it a million times. I also stated things would change for us this season - mainly because Benitez is meticulous and has begun sorting though the problems.

Komit said:
As much as I love Liverpool , I'll have to agree with HeCtic. But I sure hope they can turn things around and we get to see Cisse doing more of those crazy dances.
A Pool fan?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
A Pool fan?
Let's hope not...We have enough of those in here already :) .

Hey Diana (or Crazy_Horse..if you would prefer me to call you that)...you're pretty good at predicting things in football. I'm interested to know how you think the top 4 teams will finish in the EPL this year. Do you think 'Pool can win it?

Last edited:
T

timbk2

matt#1 said:
haha...I was right then :) . Everyone else thought that it was some Nike marketing campaign.
i thought it was nike too.. cause it was on the soccernet site.. and i didnt think A-League would advertise there... but i guess they can just filter by the people who say their location is 'Australia/NZ' at the startup screen.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
HeCtic - I agreed we played inconsistant but I'm not going to list my reasons as for why that was so
I think that any team would have been just as inconsistent if they had as many injured players as Liverpool last season. Except for maybe Chel$ki who have like at least 2 world class players for every position. Thats crazy. There are going to be alot of disgruntled bench warmers over at Chelsea this season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
-Ballack hacked him from behind?? Are you kidding me? Ballack had the ball and was running down the wing with it only to have Cesc slide in. Ballack tripped over Cesc's legs and looked at the ref in appeal. Cesc got in his face and spat.

He wasn't "asking for it".

-HeCtic - I agreed we played inconsistant but I'm not going to list my reasons as for why that was so - You guys have heard it a million times. I also stated things would change for us this season - mainly because Benitez is meticulous and has begun sorting though the problems.
-Read the post again. Maybe then you'll get the message

-Blame the injuries, bad luck etc etc. Copout, your squad wasn't good enough and the players you've signed, with the possible exception of Reina wouldn't get near ours, manyoo's or Chelsea's first teams.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
-Read the post again. Maybe then you'll get the message

-Blame the injuries, bad luck etc etc. Copout, your squad wasn't good enough and the players you've signed, with the possible exception of Reina wouldn't get near ours, manyoo's or Chelsea's first teams.
maybe its about time you got your blood pressure levels checked too...hey, HeCtic? :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Blame the injuries, bad luck etc etc. Copout, your squad wasn't good enough and the players you've signed, with the possible exception of Reina wouldn't get near ours, manyoo's or Chelsea's first teams.
To be honest - You slammed our chances of winning the CL the entire of last season. You were proved wrong than - You'll be proved wrong again.

We sure have the talent in the side but I don't know if we'll win. That said - There is no way a very large gap will be between us and the other top teams competing for the title.

Komit said:
Yes, I'm a Pool fan.
Komit said:
But I sure hope they can turn things around and we get to see Cisse doing more of those crazy dances.
Pretty sexy huh? :D

http://x4.putfile.com/5/14505185126.gif

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
We sure have the talent in the side but I don't know if we'll win. That said - There is no way a very large gap will be between us and the other top teams competing for the title.
Even though I have already predicted Liverpool to finish 4th...I have to completely agree with you that they won't finish so many points behind this season.

Crazy Horse said:
Pretty sexy huh?
Ya...that is a pretty sexy looking trophy ;) ...too bad Baros had to dent it.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Sup Hectic? You seem to have been in a pretty shitty mood lately?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Sup Hectic? You seem to have been in a pretty shitty mood lately?
He is just nervous about the Communit Shield game against Chelsea on Sunday. I would be pretty nervous too if I was an Arse supporter :) .

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
timbk2 said:
will be interesting seeing how the A-League marketing campaign kicks off... they've already started with that stupid red soccerball image everywhere.. its plastered all over some buses in the city and all over soccer websites.
Yeah i worked out it was the A-League's campaign when i actually read the little text at the bottom...it says somethin lyk 'Kickoff 260805'

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
slip said:
rankings are based on results and you cant argue with the results then themselves. however i think that the basic complaint would be that teams are getting the points that give them such a lofty ranking by playing a large number of games against easy opposition. but i doubt anything will ever be done to resolve this issue as for most countries it would be economically and technically(timewise) impossible to play alot of other countries and so they stick to playing those near them, even if those countries are 2nd rate.

that said the rankings dont really suprise me. but it is still fairly obvious that despite the rankings england has a better chance of winning the world cup then usa and so on. this is because england regularly plays games against tougher opponents then the usa does....

man utd has replaced a number of brilliant players (who are gettign older or have left) with also rans to some extent, and the youth is yet to come through.

beckham, giggs, scholes, keane, butt, sheringham, yorke, cole, schmichael have been replaced by the likes of smith, djemba djemba, saha, ronaldo, richardson etc (all of whom and more have failed or are yet to forfill potential - and that is a big wrap on ronaldo so dont get offended. )
smith was one of the better utd players when he played...djemba thank god isnt with us anymore...i wouldnt say ronaldo failed or didnt live up to potential - he is at exactly where ppl expected his level to be.... and richardson - he's performed above expectations if anything. so out of the 5 you named only saha is true.

essien says he wont play for lyon if they dont let him go to chelsea.... i hope he realises that he will sit on the bench fo most games at chelsea...

also tottenham want jenas now ... a new taget every day....

niall045

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
essien says he wont play for lyon if they dont let him go to chelsea.... i hope he realises that he will sit on the bench fo most games at chelsea...
I hope he doesnt. i hate the little prick. doesnt seem worth £2mil let alone £32mil. make chelski pay

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Essien has proved to the world what an utterly childish ingrate he is. Le Guen and Lyon have made him the player he is and he's stabbing him in the back by potentially threatening any fee they might get for him at all. What can clubs do against striking players? Lyon want him, they don't want to sell him at all, so it's only fair that they should at least get the price they want when the suitor is Chelsea.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
niall045 said:
I hope he doesnt. i hate the little prick. doesnt seem worth £2mil let alone £32mil. make chelski pay
Lyon won't let Essien go for any less than Chelsea were willing to pay for Steve Gerrard...because new Lyon coach Houlier believes that Essien is at least as good as, or better than Gerrard.

I'm not doubting the potential of this kid...but I think it is way to early to say that he is a more complete midfielder than Stevie G.

Gerrard is far more experienced and also brings to the table great leadership skills.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
gerrard is like a brad fittler while essien is like a braith anasta.
And Chelsea iz like the Roosterz...? :rolleyes:
Letz not brin rugby league in here. :p

slip

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
smith was one of the better utd players when he played...djemba thank god isnt with us anymore...i wouldnt say ronaldo failed or didnt live up to potential - he is at exactly where ppl expected his level to be.... and richardson - he's performed above expectations if anything. so out of the 5 you named only saha is true.

also tottenham want jenas now ... a new taget every day....
smith may have been one of the better players, but he is not what keane once was
djemba failed and hence got shown thhe door
ronaldo has more in him (and for that i put him in there)
saha has been injured
richardson is no beckham/scholes/giggs or keane
thus everything i said was true

lyon should have sold essien for 23million, considering he has 2 years left on his contract should he not go this summer his value would drop emmensly next summer. and he isnt happy at lyon. anyway in my view lyon has cut off its nose to spite its face. now they dont get 23million which that could buy decent players with, they actually spend money on essien's wages which could have paid other players actually playing and they dont get the services of player(s) worth (in chelsea eyes) 23million dollars.

so gerrard is fitler and essien is braith. i didnt know gerrard retired and essien transfer to liverpool. how much did he go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)