The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Yes let's continue one of the million negative human inflictions on this planet just because reusable bags give Woolworths employees the shits. Loser. Good on the State Opposition.
Wooooah, sorry dude... Ok, maybe my post was poorly worded, sorry.

Its not ALL green bags that are the problem, its the people who have horrible, smelly, dirty, torn bags, or those who try to use ones so small you fit like 2 cans in there then its full - then they have the nerve to complain about having to take some plastic bags as well because you didnt fit everything in their green bags.

You get where I'm coming from? Sorry my other post came across as unreasonable.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Its not ALL green bags that are the problem, its the people who have horrible, smelly, dirty, torn bags, or those who try to use ones so small you fit like 2 cans in there
SUPRÉ bags should get banned...they annoy me soo much

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
@jg - Got a barcode to log into all registers. Create a Code128 barcode with just your password. Keep in mind you have to hit "sign on", type your numbers, hit "accept" then scan the barcode. It will put your password in automatically and sign you in.

Saves a couple seconds (and eliminates incorrect password fuck ups which i do all the time lol).

I officially submitted my barcode login idea today.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
@jg - Got a barcode to log into all registers. Create a Code128 barcode with just your password. Keep in mind you have to hit "sign on", type your numbers, hit "accept" then scan the barcode. It will put your password in automatically and sign you in.

Saves a couple seconds (and eliminates incorrect password fuck ups which i do all the time lol).

I officially submitted my barcode login idea today.
I don't think it will save that much time, but it's worth a try. I'm far more likely to lose the code rather than forget my password. :p

NC8000

HSC
N/A
i dont get what you mean, like how things are priced at $10.99

if it's that your talking about, thats purely for profit reasons i think, 2c isnt much to one customer, but 2c on every bottle of coke you sell adds up
Rubbish, its for one thing only, to make the product sound cheaper. this will be gone within the year when we go for fixed pricing. i.e. $11 not 10.99. It looks much better on printed tickets anyway

NC8000

HSC
N/A
not in woolworths stores as far as i know. I know almost always a line will go on special before it is deleted just to help clear stock from the warehouses/stores, but the prices are otherwise chosen because thats their price. There are some variations between prices between stores based on what Financial Fine Department you come under (e.g. at my store, meat is fine department 950, but it might be different in other stores [note the fine department for financials is different to the fine department in Back Office])
More Rubbish, the prices are set by the B & M Business Manager after several calculations, they are not just plucked out of a hat.

These "variations between prices between stores based on what Financial Fine Department you come under" is not the way it is. Each stores department is set to a sell price group by merch support based on where they are. I.e. If they are in a area with say a coles next door they will be in a different SPG. This is different to comp matching. There are several sell price groups per state. each sell price group is for different parts of the business. I.e. Supermarkets, BWS, Dan Murphy's, Thomas Dux, Service Stations etc. E.g. NSW has only 2 x SPG for supermarkets. (1 &2). your store will sit in one or the other.

Depending on the business team in B&M, prices might be exactly the same for both SPG, I know in mine there is NO different pricing between the two. Stores don't change "fine Departments" for anything, that's silly talk.

Re: barcode sign on(to replace password). The Ideas team already have been sent info like this. I know this because I sent the details in when I was in stores some time ago. They will not go with the idea as anyone can scan the barcode and login(just like BigW does with SCO).

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Wow our systems must be completely different.

Do you guys control all your stock from Office? We have a separate program called 'ISIS' and that is basically just an enhanced version of everything you can do on the Gun. You can do stock maintenance, item lookup, print all your reports (Non Local, Negative SoH etc) print tickets, look up vendors etc etc.

Office - As well as Department Manager access I have 'Price Integrity' access which allows me to manage all our Drill Downs. As well as any offers/fuel offers etc which I haven't looked into yet, mainly because I have no use for it.

People Planner - I assume this is your rostering system. Again, completely different to ours, we have to log into Citrix, and onto Intranet and we manage our Productivity from there. From there we can also look at every other store's rosters/sales/budgets (If you have SM access which I do)

I assume HOST and Citrix are the same, seeing as how they are controlled by Head Office. You would think a company as large as Woolworths would want to have both countries utilizing the same systems.

Isaia

HSC
Is Storenet intended for all employees or just managers?

Why dont they make Store Net accessible from outside the store on internet?

brookie94

HSC
OMG! i hate people whose use bags that:
1 - dont have the tab for the bag hook
2 - are gross
3 - are NOT green bags and not even close

AND THERE FREAKIN HARD TO PACK TOO! EVEN THE GOOD ONES AND THEY TAKE SOO MUCH MORE TIME TOO

i LOVE the green bags that are plasticy you can get now theres like 8 in a pack, they are AWESOME! lol
i had one truckie guyy come in and say he sees green bags all over the highways and that would take AGES to break down so....

/end rant lol

HSC
^ Yes!

I have had customers give me old plastic bags to bag there shit in, honestly i hate the stupid aldi bags they give me too eughh!

kahlanei

HSC
Do you guys control all your stock from Office? We have a separate program called 'ISIS' and that is basically just an enhanced version of everything you can do on the Gun. You can do stock maintenance, item lookup, print all your reports (Non Local, Negative SoH etc) print tickets, look up vendors etc etc....

I assume HOST and Citrix are the same, seeing as how they are controlled by Head Office. You would think a company as large as Woolworths would want to have both countries utilizing the same systems.

I know with Petrol in AU we have Office for cash office related, operator, sales and security reports, daily balancing, etc... ISIS for all stock-related things, ticketing, etc... and we have HOST AND Citrix for some reason. I've only ever used host because I don't know what citrix is for...

Otacon2009

HSC
I had some people from SA once come in, and they said "wow, they still give plastic bags for free here." I just simply replied "they won't be for long. In several years, it will all be plastic bag free"

They then continued to say how stupid it all was

I just said that "when you see how many plastic bags this store goes through on a daily basis, then multiply that by 365 and the number of woolies that is, it becomes really scary"

well, that unleashed a demon. Stupid bitch mouthed off at me on how I know nothing and how green bags were inconvenient for her. I then said something like "so your taking your convenience over the environment?? It's people like you which mean the world is in danger environmentally."
Bitch

Seriously, think about how many plastic bags your store goes through. Multiply that by how many coles woolies, big w, IGAs, kmarts and other stores there are that use plastic. Very scary.

And that is why I support a ban on plastic bags
Plastic bag bans are to be introduced in the Territory some time in the future. I for one support it. Not so much the environmental impact, but how customers, particularly Asians ask for a plastic bag for small things, casuing shortages at pissweak times. Woolies is supposed to follow a Less than 3 item=No Plastic bag policy but given that if the customer asks for one, it's useless. It just shits me that customers will ask for a plastic bag just for something like a can of dog food they can easily carry.

But what I find ironic is that customers were complaining to keep the plastic bags...yet at the same time demand Aldi come to Darwin, a supermarket that cuts costs at every corner INCLUDING having a BYO bag policy.

danberg

HSC
Plastic bag bans are to be introduced in the Territory some time in the future. I for one support it. Not so much the environmental impact, but how customers, particularly Asians ask for a plastic bag for small things, casuing shortages at pissweak times. Woolies is supposed to follow a Less than 3 item=No Plastic bag policy but given that if the customer asks for one, it's useless. It just shits me that customers will ask for a plastic bag just for something like a can of dog food they can easily carry.

But what I find ironic is that customers were complaining to keep the plastic bags...yet at the same time demand Aldi come to Darwin, a supermarket that cuts costs at every corner INCLUDING having a BYO bag policy.
We don't follow the 3 items or less policy for plastic bags anymore, its not official policy. why they would do something that would seemingly increase the take up of plastic bags is beyond me. That said, green bags really slow me down on the rare occasions im on a big register, i kinda .....like....plastic....

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Yeah, Asians often do it for annoying things that they can easily carry.
What annoys me more is when old people want seperate bags for everything. Example:

"The dried apricots can go in a bag by itself".

The fucking apricots were dried in a plastic package sized smaller than a DVD cover. I'm thinking WHAT?!
Old people seem to think the stuff they buy is platinum, like their newspaper (which they use once and throw out), their shopping (untill they eat it and never see it again), etc.

I do not put toilet paper in a bag, i just chuck it in the bagging area.
Also, if I have finished packing a toiletries bag and dont have it on my rack, and a hair shampoo comes through after, I say "do you want to put this in the other bag?"
I try and save the most bags I can, and in self serve also.

Annoys me.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I had some people from SA once come in, and they said "wow, they still give plastic bags for free here." I just simply replied "they won't be for long. In several years, it will all be plastic bag free"

They then continued to say how stupid it all was

I just said that "when you see how many plastic bags this store goes through on a daily basis, then multiply that by 365 and the number of woolies that is, it becomes really scary"

well, that unleashed a demon. Stupid bitch mouthed off at me on how I know nothing and how green bags were inconvenient for her. I then said something like "so your taking your convenience over the environment?? It's people like you which mean the world is in danger environmentally."
Bitch

Seriously, think about how many plastic bags your store goes through. Multiply that by how many coles woolies, big w, IGAs, kmarts and other stores there are that use plastic. Very scary.

And that is why I support a ban on plastic bags
[youtube]wwzQY-OVR3E[/youtube]

bdude

HSC
I support a ban on plastic bags.... if there's a fine for having improperly cared-for bags :evil:

This lady asked for a bag for ONE KIWIFRUIT which she had ALREADY PUT IN A F&V BAG. WTF!

Oh, and in other annoying things to happen at work, the Changemaster ran out of note bundles at 12pm on Monday, that was fun. I hope the delivery came today.

mlee72

HSC
I support a ban on plastic bags.... if there's a fine for having improperly cared-for bags :evil:

This lady asked for a bag for ONE KIWIFRUIT which she had ALREADY PUT IN A F&V BAG. WTF!

Oh, and in other annoying things to happen at work, the Changemaster ran out of note bundles at 12pm on Monday, that was fun. I hope the delivery came today.
Changemaster??

maxwolfie

HSC
Ya huh. I'm the state manager for Tank Security - But don't call me if there's any problems, please!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)