The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Otacon2009

HSC
I didn't know smashed in headcrabs can be eaten.

Also Queensland Woolworths staff, I got noed for Paddington. Hours incompatible. So my scope has been widened to include divisions such as BWS, Big W and Dick Smith.

HSC
best close ever tonight. i think its the first time ever i've ever got out EARLY when closing by myself. AND I got the safe open first time both times I went upstairs :)

Funniest story though, sometime around 4pm my CSM was on the phone to someone for AGES, she looked up and you could tell she'd been crying. Anyway, she gets off the phone, and runs off. About 5 minutes later, my SSM turns around to me and says "can you go find *CSM*, you're her favourite and I'm too scared to go talk to her, something might be wrong." As much as I laughed my head off, I went and found her, got talking, and then there's a call from our SSM for me to phone service desk. At that point my CSM went absolutely balistic, saying its all his fault she was upset and did he send me out to do his dirty work?
It was pretty tough trying to convince her that, you know, I'd been given the impression someone had died or something, not that he'd had a go at her.

Was funny.

We have big managers coming in tomorrow, I practically rang the whole phone book trying to get extras in. I got roped into 4-9.30 tomorrow, I was meant to start at 5.30 but starting at 4 means not only do I have to skip my last class, but that I have to drive to uni :(

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
Two customers commented on my smile today. ( I got my braces off yesterday!)
It made work just that little bit more enjoyable.

:jump:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Oooh got an interview next week at Head office to be an In-store trainer for Store systems. Applied months ago but haven't heard anything since so I just assumed the job had gone but got a call from HR this morning.

I think it would be awesome.

ytrbut

HSC
Oooh got an interview next week at Head office to be an In-store trainer for Store systems. Applied months ago but haven't heard anything since so I just assumed the job had gone but got a call from HR this morning.

Wow, nice, congrats. I didn't even realise this position existed - all my store systems training has come/will come from my SSM. Sounds like a pretty awesome job!

HSC

Good luck! :D

PyroTek

HSC
I set up:
Fresh Poultry
Hot Chickens
Seafood
Sliced
Shaved
Antipasto
Cheeses
Franks
and whatever else I may have missed I probably set that up too

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Applied for a nightfill position a few weeks ago, I remember ticking something that said I'd be notified if I hadn't been chosen but I haven't received anything yet... (Applications closed a couple of weeks ago.)

Would it be appropriate to call about it yet or not? How involved are the actual stores in the initial selection/hiring process? If I should call who would I ask to talk to?

Sorry for the questions, I have read the first posts but I'm not totally clear on how these huge companies go about selecting their staff or if the process is still the same as it was when that was all posted.

Last edited:
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Two customers commented on my smile today. ( I got my braces off yesterday!)
It made work just that little bit more enjoyable.

:jump:
If I come to work next week and have a multitude of customers comment on my teeth, I will go insane.:chainsaw:

I had a, well, interesting night, but seriously cbf explaining it all. Far too tired.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Wow, nice, congrats. I didn't even realise this position existed - all my store systems training has come/will come from my SSM. Sounds like a pretty awesome job!
It's a 2 year contract position. Over here we have two franchise brands, Super Value and Fresh Choice. All of these franchises used to use their own PoS systems etc but now they are all being installed with WoWPos and all our back office systems, so I would be part of a team training managers and staff on how to use these systems.

Good luck! :D
Thanks.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh also.
We had some Norwesters at our store the other day looking at some hotworks on a bench that had been fucked up in my department.
Everyone was rawrrrr about it including me.
The fact that one of them was RIDICULOUSLY good looking saved me :eek: (thoughgiven his looks, he's most likely gay :( lol)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
fk woolies >=/

worked here for almost 4 yrs, applied for the grad positions in finance andgot rejected. not happy

chandle

HSC
N/A
As I understand it, when the new EBA is approved, we get backpayed for the wage increases that would have applied.

Just wondering, how long will it be until they pay this backpay (assuming the EBA is approved)?

And also, if you resign before then, will they still pay you?

BSammy

HSC
As far as I know...

If it approved, it will start being payed out from May the 3rd.

If you resign then you won't get any back pay.

Depending on when your states aggrement is due to have ended you might not get any, or as much back pay.

The Tassie one ended September last year, so I'd get roughly 40 cents per hour worked since then, plus loading. As I'm full time it makes it at least $500. Probably a fair bit more.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
From Tassie??? Talk about long distance bus trips!! :p
~~ I'm so funny :hippie:
Yeah that's what i thought when I wrote it, but i didn't think that anyone would have such a Dad sense of humour. ALSO i just found out that I'm staying in a villa in Spain next to the Med FREE for a week with a group of friends from school!! MEGA HAPPY ATM. Dad paying lots of money we hardly had for me to go to private school was the best decision ever, good education AND friends with Spanish villas.

11) Take your wallet with you so you can go to maccas.

Once we had to evacuate at my old store because of a really bad gas leak for 3 hours and everyone went to maccas. :D
I didn't mean to multi-quote this post.

Oh also.
We had some Norwesters at our store the other day looking at some hotworks on a bench that had been fucked up in my department.
Everyone was rawrrrr about it including me.
The fact that one of them was RIDICULOUSLY good looking saved me :eek: (thoughgiven his looks, he's most likely gay :( lol)
You know girls always say that but it's ALWAYS the other way round.

Our regional manager came in on Thursday, the CSM was taking nervous wees all the time but he hardly even noticed Service, although he sat all the Dpt managers down and basically said the shop looks great and there's no dramas. He was very serious though.

I think it was a day of making people happy today! Everyone has been saying that. I boosted an operator's self-esteem when I told him he was doing my lunch on Sunday. Except he's only 15!? Is that just TOO young?

Also, what about the Cottee's recall??? Massive. Also, on one register the Product recall message came up like for 15 mins after every customer. SO ANNOYING.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I think it was a day of making people happy today! Everyone has been saying that. I boosted an operator's self-esteem when I told him he was doing my lunch on Sunday. Except he's only 15!? Is that just TOO young?
Not necessarily. It all depends how capable the person is. Look at me for example, i've only just turned 16, my supervisors and managers love me because i'm one of the hardest workers in the department. They trust me with the safe at night and lots of other major responsibilities.
I have worked so many of the same night shifts that I could EASILY supervise the whole night and get everyone done. I'm not trying to be big headed here, just explaining that, no matter what the age, if somebody has the responsibility and the maturity to run service on your break then good on them!

It was probably just over six months ago I was posting on here going "how do i do a cash transaction, what are the buttons??!".
It's impressive what you learn in such a short time.

Also, what about the Cottee's recall??? Massive. Also, on one register the Product recall message came up like for 15 mins after every customer. SO ANNOYING.
Tell me about it! Every fricken minute.

PyroTek

HSC
I'm no supervisor, but the duty managers etc. still make me do the supervisor's lunch breaks.. go figure.. I don't even have supervisor numbers. lol

HSC
I'm no supervisor, but the duty managers etc. still make me do the supervisor's lunch breaks.. go figure.. I don't even have supervisor numbers. lol
Same here, Kinda like it though :) makes me feel responsible, but usually supervisor will tell me her number and shiz. Woo pretty alright week next week at the fresh foods

MON: 16:00-20:00
SAT: 11-16:00

Also my boss might be figuring out a way of how to get me to work at the easter show next yr in the fresh food dome WOO! :sun:

HSC
Our regional manager came in on Thursday, the CSM was taking nervous wees all the time but he hardly even noticed Service, although he sat all the Dpt managers down and basically said the shop looks great and there's no dramas. He was very serious though.

We had regional managers come in on Thursday too. I got in trouble from one of them because there was one person serving smokeshop and four people in the line. Quite a condescending lesson in division from one of them.

I don't think 15 is too young. Best supervisor I have ever worked with was running Sundays BY HERSELF at 15.

Today was shit. We made budget before 4pm :| Express went CSM, STM, me, SM, Groc 2IC, with Groc 3IC on a main. :(

Also, RIP Grocery Department. Their 3IC just got made Homeshop Manager (well 2IC for the moment, but he will take over as manager VERY soon), he is the glue that holds that department together, with the LLM doing more and more duty manager stuff, and the 2IC being terrible at everything, that department is going to fall apart.
He was so excited though to find that out today, considering how cut he was to miss out on Groc 2IC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)