The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Oh okay sweet, hopefully mine last til then! I ordered one of the $10 but wasn't spoiled for choice obviously... went one size up, and it was way too big. And I can't stand the long sleeve either.

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A
nanakid, they will be mass shipped by Total Image Group to all stores at the end of February. Got an email from them the other week about it when my order had to be adjusted (wanted short sleeve and for one reason or another, they put longsleeve on the invoice). Won't be long guys :jump:
The site says my order has been despatched so they should be arriving soon!

holden4lyf

HSC
once you put leave in and have it approved are you able to undo that leave and work that day instead?

nanakid12

HSC
once you put leave in and have it approved are you able to undo that leave and work that day instead?
Should do... unless they've replaced you.

EDIT: anyone else having trouble accessing the total image website? Trying to check if my orders been dispatched as well but it won't load :/

Last edited:

Triboniophorus

HSC
N/A
Should do... unless they've replaced you.

EDIT: anyone else having trouble accessing the total image website? Trying to check if my orders been dispatched as well but it won't load :/
It was slow yesterday when I was checking it and even slower/dead today.

BSammy

HSC
My first order shipped today apparently. My second order hasn't yet but I only made it two days ago.

nanakid12

HSC
Does anyone know what happens when you are getting trolleys and accidentally hit a car? Does Woolworths pay for that, or do you personally have to do it?

Came up in conversation today, 2ic is convinced we personally have to pay for it if we're at fault. Is that true, if we're doing everything safely? Or does Woolworths cover us?

Our stores too small to have dedicated trolley collectors.

Katebrunner

HSC
Theres no promotions from SSO, from other departments you can work you way up.
so if anything, even though more knowledge is required, SSO is less advanced than other departments.
I totally agree with this, but the only "knowledge" that is required is administrative. Outside of retail, like in a corporate environment, the admin staff are always the most junior and lowest paid. It always makes me laugh when I see SSOs acting like they're king shit. Proper DMs have to have business management skills (granted lots of ours aren't very good) because they manage P&L and budgets.

BSammy

HSC
If by manage budgets you mean they are told what they're allowed to spend, and they'd have no idea how they are doing with that without store services.

Katebrunner

HSC
If by manage budgets you mean they are told what they're allowed to spend, and they'd have no idea how they are doing with that without store services.
Yep, thats normally what managing a budget means. And financial reporting is a pretty standard and basic admin support task.

Katebrunner

HSC
Does anyone know what happens when you are getting trolleys and accidentally hit a car? Does Woolworths pay for that, or do you personally have to do it?

Came up in conversation today, 2ic is convinced we personally have to pay for it if we're at fault. Is that true, if we're doing everything safely? Or does Woolworths cover us?

Our stores too small to have dedicated trolley collectors.
Woolworths should cover it if it is damage you have caused during the normal course of your duties. In fact it should be covered by the store's public liability insurance (although unless it's really bad the cost will probably be below the excess and therefore not worth making a claim).

It might be a different story if you are acting negligently, like mucking around or not pushing them in a safe manner. But even then I cant imagaine the SM saying to the car owner "I'm sorry about your car madam, but Woolworths aren't responsible for the actions of our employee, so you'll have to try to recover the cost of the damages directly from our 15 year old part time casual worker who has hardly any money. Good luck with that!"

djhol4

HSC
N/A
So my 2ic walks up to me on Wednesday and tells me I'm doing my first ever supervision shift on Saturday night 3-11:30, tells me she will give me numbers and everything....huge surprise

so I rock up on saturday to find im up shit creek.... i don't have numbers (had to use the duty managers numbers with a bar code print out...got very annoying after a while), my 2ic forgot to replace my original shift so im one person down for 3 hrs, furthermore no operators were rosters till closing...so the duty manager had to operate a checkout for the last half an hour till closing while i counted registers...huge blunder

oh and the area manager was hang around in liquor for the first couple of hours, just in case i wasn't under enough stress all ready haha what a night!

nanakid12

HSC
Woolworths should cover it if it is damage you have caused during the normal course of your duties. In fact it should be covered by the store's public liability insurance (although unless it's really bad the cost will probably be below the excess and therefore not worth making a claim).

It might be a different story if you are acting negligently, like mucking around or not pushing them in a safe manner. But even then I cant imagaine the SM saying to the car owner "I'm sorry about your car madam, but Woolworths aren't responsible for the actions of our employee, so you'll have to try to recover the cost of the damages directly from our 15 year old part time casual worker who has hardly any money. Good luck with that!"
Yeah I thought they would cover it. Understandably though, the employee would get warned or something if they were acting negligible.

So my 2ic walks up to me on Wednesday and tells me I'm doing my first ever supervision shift on Saturday night 3-11:30, tells me she will give me numbers and everything....huge surprise

so I rock up on saturday to find im up shit creek.... i don't have numbers (had to use the duty managers numbers with a bar code print out...got very annoying after a while), my 2ic forgot to replace my original shift so im one person down for 3 hrs, furthermore no operators were rosters till closing...so the duty manager had to operate a checkout for the last half an hour till closing while i counted registers...huge blunder

oh and the area manager was hang around in liquor for the first couple of hours, just in case i wasn't under enough stress all ready haha what a night!
Good ol' Woolies, chucking their employees in the deep end.

nai46

HSC
Hi all,
I've recently begun working as a long life team member at Woolies in Vic in the past 3 months and am looking to order the new uniform soon. Generally my shifts are from 5-10 pm, but as of late I have been working mostly day shifts anywhere between 8-5 pm. Currently I wear the green polo top but most of the long life members I work with wear the green button up top, so I am curious as to what new shirt I should order?

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Hi all,
I've recently begun working as a long life team member at Woolies in Vic in the past 3 months and am looking to order the new uniform soon. Generally my shifts are from 5-10 pm, but as of late I have been working mostly day shifts anywhere between 8-5 pm. Currently I wear the green polo top but most of the long life members I work with wear the green button up top, so I am curious as to what new shirt I should order?
The plain green/striped/spotted button up shirts along with the green and grey Nightfill polo are the old uniform. The new uniform is the plain dark green polo for everyone in longlife and nightfill.

the way to go

HSC
Yeah I thought they would cover it. Understandably though, the employee would get warned or something if they were acting negligible.
yep, store definitely covers it, we have our own trolley collectors and one guy managed to hit a car and damage another store in the same day. Manager was over the moon about that.
_____

Good ol' Woolies, chucking their employees in the deep end.
seriously the best way of learning, i reckon. hahaha
_____

Hi all,
well according to the info (https://www.totalimagegrouponline.com/img/uniformsbyrole-field.jpg) you should be wearing the green polo, but it can vary store to store and is up to your manager. at mine for example, all day replenishment staff wear same as FE and nightfill wear mufti (except for the captain), so just ask your manager and save wasting your time and monies. ;)
_____

oooh, nice! why didnt you just keep some of the operators back? or get the DM to give you supervisor privileges?

Katebrunner

HSC
well according to the info (https://www.totalimagegrouponline.com/img/uniformsbyrole-field.jpg) you should be wearing the green polo, but it can vary store to store and is up to your manager. at mine for example, all day replenishment staff wear same as FE and nightfill wear mufti (except for the captain), so just ask your manager
I don't think the CSM should wear the jacket, it makes them look like a bank teller lol.

Will the SM and ASM still wear their own personal clothes?

nanakid12

HSC
Got our shirts delivered yesterday! A lot of people don't like them but I don't think they're too bad. The micro checks don't look very big in the pictures, but on the actual shirts they are very noticeable. I was hoping they would actually be the blue colour that they looked in the photos, but oh well.

Have to wait until Saturday to wear them though :(

the way to go

HSC
Will the SM and ASM still wear their own personal clothes?
yup

Got our shirts delivered yesterday! A lot of people don't like them but I don't think they're too bad. The micro checks don't look very big in the pictures, but on the actual shirts they are very noticeable. I was hoping they would actually be the blue colour that they looked in the photos, but oh well.

Have to wait until Saturday to wear them though :(
most people dont like change so thats understandable but i dont think the women in my store have been told they have to be tucked in yet so cant wait for that hahaha and wait... theyre NOT blue? what colour are they!?
My orders just say processed, somehow i dont think ill be wearing mine on saturday :(

Katebrunner

HSC
I quite like the new front-end / store services shirts. But those green polos look so unprofessional.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)