The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
What about the time when a certain assistant store manager did a big dump that blocked the staff toilet and when flushed the toilet water went all over the floor ahaha!!

FrontendFreak

HSC
What about the time when a certain assistant store manager did a big dump that blocked the staff toilet and when flushed the toilet water went all over the floor ahaha!!
Oh that's nasty... Im a nervous pee-er, so if someone is in one of the cubicles I can't pee, my pipes just kinda shut off... So if someone's in the bathroom while I need to go, I will just walk in and wash my hands and loiter around until it's free... Weird I know.

bernie14

HSC
Had a few days off for compassionate leave, back to it on Monday. Can't wait! [/sarcasm]

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh god. I remember when the toilet at my store got blocked. I stepped onto a puddle of toilet water, which seeped under the door into the tea room

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah im not a big fan of the toilets at my store, pretty nasty tbh. the smell just makes me wanna puke, due to the lack of adequate ventilation

omidtab

HSC
I keep going to woolworths trying to apply, they just keep telling me to come next month, i go next month they still tell me next month. I dont know what to do people LOL.

omidtab

HSC
Why cant i find the job i want in WOWCAREERS.com?
Im trying to work as a cashier, not as a operations manager. please help i dont know how to find my job on their website

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
mine was "attention please customers, this store is closing in approximately (15/10/5) minutes, please make your way through the self serve checkouts to finalise your purchases, and thank you for shopping at woolworths ***********" and then, if i didn't hate work too much that day i'd say something like "the fresh food people" or "more savings every day"

half sarcastically, but those are like our slogans or whatever so i can't get in trouble for saying them right? :D

no one elses was the same as mine, and i didn't give a shit.
For a while there, our Produce manage was advertising specials over the PA and ending with "We'd like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths XXX. Cheap Cheap". Staff got extremely annoyed.

As for stories of things breaking, this week has been an interesting one for us. The main safe in the store broke. And by broke I mean, nobody could open it. With all our frontend keys inside and all our money. Had to borrow funds from another store and make self Serve "Eftpos only. No Cash out and No receipts (Key to change receipt rolls was in the safe)". That broke on Wednesday. They only got into it at 1.30 yesterday. Needless to say, we were getting desperate for change. We never thought we would be so happy to see the float bags. And then a mad dash in self serve to put money in all machines and change receipt rolls to get us back to normal.

Very interesting week...Feel sorry for my Customer Service Manager who is doing 4 weeks relief upstairs for our SSO. She was soo stressed!

T_Knight

HSC
Heard from the grocery manager, woolies milk supply chain is suffering a shortage in production. According to parlamat, who supplies woolies private brand milk (at least in NSW), its all due to the inclement weather earlier this week.

Sounds like the dairy farmers got put in a tough spot and had to keep the cows inside away from the downpours. And then when the rain subsided, farmer Bill probably looked out the window and yelled, "f*** me Maureen ... we got plenty 'o rain dear! But me bloody grass fields are too wet!! Can't let me cows out till it settles down & dries up a wee bit." Then Maureen calmly replied, "at least its not the droughts love". That or the delivery routes were impeded due to flooding or fallen trees. #toomuchtime

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Knocked over a fair amount of juice off a cage when the top of it got caught in the the plastic flaps at the door of the cooler room.

And the stupid mops being as trashy as they are couldnt really clean up the mess.

And its not like the liquids would evaporate due to the temoerature. So i bailed

FrontendFreak

HSC
I received my 5 years service badge yesterday. They wrote out my name as "Aex", like, who actually misses the "L" in a four letter name??? Did that not feel uncomfortable under their pen stroke???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)