Transfer to Harvard Med? (1 Viewer)

friend177

HSC
lol if you're good you can be successful without a degree from a prestigious Uni. If you're not then yeah you need a degree from a prestigious Uni. but yeah do shit loads of extra curricular activities, community service, debating, play some musical instruments, school captaincy, get work experience, ace your HSc, play competitive sport in a national level, scouts, chess, get a HD in a decent Au uni with a recommendation from ur professor, discover a cure for disease, run a few marathons for charity, youth ambassador for your local council, write for your local newspaper about health stuff organise some charity events then yeah you have a good shot at a scholarship with harvard med. or you can play some poker and blackjack and earn yourself a few hundred grand.

hayabusaboston

HSC

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
You're aiming too high, and like zhiying said, you're gonna end up flat on your ass in some car wash if you keep thinking like this.
Getting:
1) Highest 99.95
2) Highest HSC aggregate
3) Beating James Ruse in all your subjects
4) Getting into Harvard,
These aren't aims, these are dreams that little 5 year olds think of.
Keep thinking like this then you'll be disappointed no matter what you do

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
You're aiming too high, and like zhiying said, you're gonna end up flat on your ass in some car wash if you keep thinking like this.
Getting:
1) Highest 99.95
2) Highest HSC aggregate
4) Getting into Harvard,
Piss off.Is it a crime to dream now???
"Aim for the stars,even if you miss, youll land on the moon"

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
Getting:
1) Highest 99.95
2) Highest HSC aggregate
4) Getting into Harvard,
Implied

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
yes you essentially stated, dream big and your going to end up on your ass washing cars for a living.
wtf dude..? I said don't aim too high. Is there something wrong with that? Everyone wants 99.95 but that's aiming too high because it's unrealistic. As well as getting the highest aggregate and getting in Harvard med. And I never said it was a crime. Seriously, pipe down, you don't know how to quote people and you imply things that aren't even stated.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
wtf dude..? I said don't aim too high. Is there something wrong with that? Everyone wants 99.95 but that's aiming too high because it's unrealistic. As well as getting the highest aggregate and getting in Harvard med. And I never said it was a crime. Seriously, pipe down, you don't know how to quote people and you imply things that aren't even stated.
Course aims: 98+ Maths extension 1 ||| 97+ Maths extension 2 ||| 95+ Chemistry ||| 95+ Physics ||| 90+ English advanced
Atar aim 2012: <99 suicide ||| <99.30 disappointed ||| <99.5 somewhat satisfied ||| >99.7 happy
I'm LOLing.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Also which kid hasn't dreamt of doing all that shit in years 9/10. Give him by mid year 11 and he won't give a crap.

Edit: Also none of us know jack shit about the OP and his skills. So why even take that line of arguement in the first place?
What's so bad about him asking either way?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
which part is too unrealistic..?
you're 'LOLing' at mine. I'm surprised you're not dead when you looked at OP's.
The part where you kill yourself (ie severely depressed) at not getting <99. Mate.

And my point is not to give a crap about what he does. He'll realise his limits later on (as i stated in my second post).

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
The part where you kill yourself (ie severely depressed) at not getting <99. Mate.

And my point is not to give a crap about what he does. He'll realise his limits later on (as i stated in my second post).
that's a joke - not a dream, there's an obvious distinction between the two. And yes, he'll realise it soon.

jnney

lemon
HSC
We just all have different expectations. We'll keep adjusting them. Whether or not a dream is 'realistic'is upon the person to decide, which will all come in time. Stuff what other people think.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Getting:
1) Highest 99.95
2) Highest HSC aggregate
4) Getting into Harvard,
haha okay, its fine if you think so. By the way im not hoping for 500 aggregate, more like highest aggregate im capable of. But anyway. Beating Ruse, thats a happy hope not really a goal, something that would be a nice cherry on top, but not crucial. Yea these things are nice to achieve, and I will work to get as close to them as I can. Thats why they're my aims. You dont know me anyway lol, so you cant automatically assume its too high for me.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
sorry, i have no idea what that meant.
Anyway, probably won't reply, australian open infinitely more interesting than this forum.
You're right. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere by arguing with you.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Also which kid hasn't dreamt of doing all that shit in years 9/10. Give him by mid year 11 and he won't give a crap.

Edit: Also none of us know jack shit about the OP and his skills. So why even take that line of arguement in the first place?
What's so bad about him asking either way?
By mid yr 11 i'll be doing SATs actually lol. Already signed up. Will see how I go eh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)