Trials (1 Viewer)

dissonance

hmmm, weightings, let me think....

adv. eng is 20%
modern history is 30%
business is 30% (I think)
ext. 1 eng. is 30%
music is 40% (but I think that's 20% performance and 20% written exam)

yeah ours are in week 4 too and I got 3 assessments due first week back ranging from 15-40%...arrh, i guess it'll be over with soon enough

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by faTi
hi all

our trials begin 16th August!!! (Week 4 next term)
not soo long ago..but i recommend studying @ home in your room
Self discipline is the key to successful studying in your room..
try not to think about any distractions and make urself STUDY!!!

it works for me so it'll work for n e 1..
lib..hmm..2 many distractions going on...cant study as effectively
wah!
i jus CANT study in my room
lib is way better, coz u cant get up and play computer, or watch tv, or sleep (well u can sleep, but its harder to)

T

timbk2

spot on.
during hsc, i never studied at home. only state library
at home.... computer, radio, mp3's, dog barks, bed, big arse window where all these cars go by.... and the KITCHEN
i eat SOO MUCH .. it too distracting

dissonance

I hadn't really considered it but for actual studying a library would be pretty good, although wouldn't all the people around (espeacially at the state library) be kind of a distraction?

well considering I'm still trying to write up all of my last few assessments I think I'll stay at home with this nice little space heater I keep under my desk that keeps my feet toasty warm... :cool:

faTi

guys.....
y go to the lib and waste hlf ur day getting there when u can stay at home (nice and warm by ur heater) and study!!!
as they say' there's no place like home'..
its all up to the person though..how much self discipline they've got...but i guess anywhere u go..its how effective u study not how much!!!

im jess

nah i get waaaay to distracted at home..... like you said tim, there is the computer, radio, tv, and the rest of the family talking all the time!!! so i find the library a much better place..... and nah the other people dont distract me, cause i study in the study room where its heaps quiet!!! and the library is warm too!! AND it doesnt take that long to get there for me..... its only a train trip away, PLUS its very satisfying after doing heaps of work!! :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
very satisfying!

especially goin in at around 9am (wen my library opens) and comin out at 9pm (wen it closes) thinkin "yes i got a lot covered today"
gives u confidence i say!

T

timbk2

state library is the best place.
downstairs..... theres heappppsss of those little cubical desks.

there can be alot of people there... but you dont hear a thing.
when they catch people talkin.... they get a security guard to warn them . they also have heaps of cameras.... so when there are like groups of 4-5 ppl discussin to themselvs..... they get told off.

im jess

oh but i have big breaks :)
hehehe
i always go to maccas and buy their orange juices!!! they are are rip off, but sooooooooooo good :D

dissonance

...and I thought the library could have been a nice social environment...

and yeah 9am - 9pm ...crap I don't even know what to say about that other than...

no...really I'm lost for words

im jess

oh it CAN be a nice social environment

but not in the study room!!!! grr :p
hehe

oh also, make a note to yourself...... put ya mobile on silent when your in a study room.... and if it rings, take it outside an answer it :)

hehe

ben

LOL, 9am-9pm

I've been about 11-3pm study sessions these holidays - with big break for lunch + TV

Oh well, I'm going to fail

Lee

i have no idea how you study people do it!!
i should be doing work now but insteead i'm doing this....i will blame all fo you for my failing of the HSC!!!:)

i can't study - i have to learn the stuff first!!!i have recently realised thast i haven't learnt anything - literally - in bio this year!i'm really quite screwed....and it's not just bio.

i have what?5 days left of hols (thw weekened i'm bound not to work so that makes it 3) and i haven't done one essay of the 27 that have been set for me....is this even allowed!!!grrr....

i will be finished the hsc in three months.
in some ways it's great to know i'm nearly finished....in others it's bad - there is just way to much to cram into my brain for such a short space of time!

the trials will be a really big test of my endurance.........

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well, 9am to 9pm is kinda a lie
coz in between there are heaps of little breaks for food, talking etc which add up to like a good couple of hours (yes u can talk in the library i goto, but after awhile other ppl get annoyed and tell u to shutup)

I suppose u need to be motivated for long periods of study, or else u will get either realli bored or realli tired
me....i jus think if i dont study heaps, i wont get everything covered, and therefore fail

also...ive decided to study heaps now, so it wont be as stressing later on, like closer to the trials, coz ill feel more confident that im prepared for the exams

Lee - studyin involves learning as well, in the time u have left till exams, sit down for a considerable amount of the day and take notes from the bio text books!
u'll b amazed how much u can learn wen the pressure's on :)

T

timbk2

study now... but dont cram too much. cram near the end.
just understand everything now.. and leave the last few days or weeks dedicated to doing past papers and questions and crap.

ben

Well I admire your self-discipline MinAi :)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes he/she could but the pressure on themselfs... I've just wasted the last 3 hours watching TV - when I have trials in 2 weeks. Oh well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)