UAC is a fraud! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrlaltv

HSC
what UAI/OP/whatever did you get anyway, Matt? And what subjects did you do + what were your HSC marks for those subjects?

HSC
ctrlaltv said:
what UAI/OP/whatever did you get anyway, Matt? And what subjects did you do + what were your HSC marks for those subjects?
UAC UAI 40.65

HSC results

Bio 63
2units maths 54
Standard eng 68
Chem 59
Phys 63

EDIT: Qtac results didnt come yet til Monday if mailed

ctrlaltv

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltv

UAC UAI 40.65

HSC results

Bio 63
2units maths 54
Standard eng 68
Chem 59
Phys 63

EDIT: Qtac results didnt come yet til Monday if mailed
That seems about right. UAC didn't make a mistake. Those are not your actual percentage marks, they are your scaled marks. Generally a mark of 60 is equivalent to a raw mark of 30-40% in the HSC exam/assessment. So yes, hate to break it to you but your UAI is pretty accurate. Similarly, I got:

2U MATHS: 86
Senior Science: 84
SDD: 83
IPT: 81
English Adv: 73

As you have noticed, my UAI is only 74.35. That is because the marks I received are not really the marks I obtained in the exam/assessments. For example, I would guess that I got 75% (90/120) in the 2U Maths exam to obtain a SCALED mark of 86/100.

HSC
Yea well just forget about uai now and focus on what i found from james cook site. I need someones opinion on this. So far i got they believe me will get offered there since the accommodation.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
EAS = Education Access Scheme
Gives 5 bonus "UAI points" if you are a successful applicant.
It doesn't add points to your UAI, it just lowers the UAI requirement that you need to enter university!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
jm01 said:
It doesn't add points to your UAI, it just lowers the UAI requirement that you need to enter university!
thats what he meant :cool:

Omium said:
Your a fucken scum
your a good speaky english grammar person

Last edited:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
How the fuck is this thread still going?

Matt - you're shit.

Deal with it.

wait, so kicking up a stink about your UAI doesn't improve it?

ps. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at sig.

matt's a party animal

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jm01 said:
That's why I put " " around it.

HSC
Why you dont want me to go to uni??

Everyone told me about that link will get me there!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
NorthRiversMatt said:
Why you dont want me to go to uni??

Everyone told me about that link will get me there!
Hi, Matt. I personally do not think your UAI is misleading. Regardless of your subject, if you perform badly, basically any subject is bound to be scaled low. As UAI is a rank, not a mark, it seems right that your UAI is much lower than whatever you got as an average mark.

I am sure UAC carries out highly ethical and correct action in regards to UAI calculation.

Also about your disability, you could have applied for EAS which, under the scheme awards you 5 "bonus UAI" that you can "use" to get into the courses that have UAI cut-off slightly above your UAI (maximum would be 5 imho).

On another note, if you don't want to be discriminated against, don't keep highlighting the fact that you have a disability. By doing so, you really sound like as if you wish to be discriminated against.

HSC
From what you've been saying in these posts, you thoroughly deserve your UAI mate. Like these unfounded conspiracy theories about UAC being preferential to sydney siders - pure idiocy
its a ranking, perform below average get a below average UAI - pretty fucking simple.
And as for the whole disability bullshit - i have dyspraxia ( much closer to a learning disability than asperges) and i still got a good UAI
stop complaining and just accept you didn't perform well and shut up

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Matt, stop posting.

People won't feel sorry for you because you got crap marks and a crap UAI.

Like previous posters have said, stop whinging about having a disability - it's not doing you any favours.

Deal with what you've been dealt.

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
Just in relation to the whole "UAC discriminates to those outside sydney" thing, that's complete and utter crap. If you have a look at the top ranking schools, there are many outside sydney, including several international schools. There were plenty of kids from my school (in malaysia) scoring in the 80s and 90s. If you failed, by all means, come on and have a whine about how you wish you'd studied harder. But please don't accuse the UAC of discrimination yeah?

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
FatJ said:
Just in relation to the whole "UAC discriminates to those outside sydney" thing, that's complete and utter crap. If you have a look at the top ranking schools, there are many outside sydney, including several international schools. There were plenty of kids from my school (in malaysia) scoring in the 80s and 90s. If you failed, by all means, come on and have a whine about how you wish you'd studied harder. But please don't accuse the UAC of discrimination yeah?
+1. I'm from a regional school too, on the NSW/Qld border. We still did pretty good, from what I've heard. Location doesn't mean jack shit.

HSC
i vaguely looked over the school ranks this year.

two north coast schools popped out.

Xavier Catholic College, Lennox Heads - mid 90s
Byron High - about 115

the dux of our school got 98.xx and was doing cosmology.

the regional area seems fine, to me.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
scaredytiger, do you have a link for the school ranks?

Thanks a bunch =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)