UMAT test 2009 (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Wooz said:
Highlights sig, checks BOS state rankings. Hai David!

:uhoh:
lol ok, perhaps i'll edit my sig then.
btw why did you feel like randomly highlighting the sig?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You had your details there before, before you reformatted it with lines, anyways it was pretty obvious something was there.

UltimateSupremo said:
what's "hai" or is that a typo?
Urban dictionary:
hai http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hai#A salutation, friendly hello
After Peter entered, Kijuna greeted him with a friendly hai.

Don't u speak street lingo?

-::Sanni::-

HSC
dp624 said:
"in real life"
yea i rkn if you do interview prep it gets a bit artificial. for unsw its a personal interview so i rkn if you haved medically inclined friends you can talk to them a lot about it

lol sif everybody knows who i am hahaha. damn stalkers lol
David...I have no medically inclined friends.... >_< No one in my high school wanted to do medicine. No one in my high school is going to university this year other than me (except for maybe just one other person).... T_T

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
-::Sanni::- said:
David...I have no medically inclined friends.... >_< No one in my high school wanted to do medicine. No one in my high school is going to university this year other than me (except for maybe just one other person).... T_T
what about your friends in other schools? Surely someone wants to do med? Maybe an 09er you know?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Lol, that's the complete opposite of DP's school, did I mention opposites attract! :uhhuh:

Don't worry sanni: I was in the same situation as you. I suggest you sit umat and apply next year to UWS, UNCLE/UNE, JCU, Bond (if you have 263k+ to spare), etc as a non-standard.

HSC
clintmyster said:
what about your friends in other schools? Surely someone wants to do med? Maybe an 09er you know?
Um...well I did have some that I met on Med camp (for rural students)...but I haven't talked to them for ages! X_x which is partly my fault XD

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Um...well I did have some that I met on Med camp (for rural students)...but I haven't talked to them for ages! X_x which is partly my fault XD
Just how rural are you?

Edit: Do well at uni this year, sit umat and apply to as many med schools as possible, I'll be very suprised if you don't recieve at least 1 interview.

Last edited:

HSC
Wooz said:
Lol, that's the complete opposite of DP's school, did I mention opposites attract! :uhhuh:

Don't worry sanni: I was in the same situation as you. I suggest you sit umat and apply next year to UWS, UNCLE/UNE, JCU, Bond (if you have 263k+ to spare), etc as a non-standard.
What do you mean by 'opposites attract'? XD

And what's with the abbreviations? I know that UWS = University of Western Sydney, UNE = Uni of New England....but what do the other's stand for? XD Damn...I should know those.... I only applied for UNSW and University of Newcastle last year...because I liked those two universities....

HSC
Wooz said:
Just how rural are you?

Edit: Do well at uni this year, sit umat and apply to as many med schools as possible, I'll be very suprised if you don't recieve atleast 1 interview.
Rural-ness = having lived in a rural area for at 5 years....I missed out because I have lived in Cootamundra for only 4 years and 6 months...well it's a bit more now. But I was told I could reapply through that scheme this year.

Okay this is the list of univeristies I know that have med schools (please tell me the ones I miss out! XD):
- UNSW
- Uni of Newcastle/Uni of New England
- University of Sydney <--not applying for it
- University of Western Sydney
- Um...that's it *sigh* Maybe I should have spent more time on research X_X

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Rural-ness = having lived in a rural area for at 5 years....I missed out because I have lived in Cootamundra for only 4 years and 6 months...well it's a bit more now. But I was told I could reapply through that scheme this year.

Okay this is the list of univeristies I know that have med schools (please tell me the ones I miss out! XD):
- UNSW
- Uni of Newcastle/Uni of New England
- University of Sydney <--not applying for it
- University of Western Sydney
- Um...that's it *sigh* Maybe I should have spent more time on research X_X
You will only be eligible to apply at the following universities next year:

UNSW
UNCLE/UNE
UWS
James Cook University
University of Western Australia
University of Tasmania
Bond (hope you can afford it).

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
this is kind of off topic but what degrees do you need umat for? if anyone knows, preferably at anu, but a general idea would be great =]].

thanks! and sorry for the off-topicness. =]].

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
hermand said:
this is kind of off topic but what degrees do you need umat for? if anyone knows, preferably at anu, but a general idea would be great =]].

thanks! and sorry for the off-topicness. =]].
None at all you can sit it in your final year of high school, I presume u have absolutely no idea about umat.

Please visit and read the info booklet: UMAT - Home

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
okay, i feel so incredibly ignorant, because i went on the site, and didn't pay attention to the pictures down the side, and was thinking that it was a crap site because it didn't really tell you much. all i knew was that it had something to do with the medical profession, and i was looking into doing a medical degre of sorts.

thanks heaps =$.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
hermand said:
okay, i feel so incredibly ignorant, because i went on the site, and didn't pay attention to the pictures down the side, and was thinking that it was a crap site because it didn't really tell you much.

thanks =$.
Aww monies, but what I really wanted was ur number, jks.

MSELIM2

HSC
Heyy i was wondering if, is the medentry prep course was really worth it? i know allot of people have probably asked that

thanxx

doopsta786

HSC
iam an 09er wondering what courses i should do before umat and what material i should purchase that will get me a max uamt mark

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
doopsta786 said:
iam an 09er wondering what courses i should do before umat and what material i should purchase that will get me a max uamt mark
i second that :)

Kalashnikov47

HSC
I know this sounds stupid... but what hell is UMAT test anyway?

I know it stands for "university medine access test" and it is for those who are applying for medicine in uni. But what do you guys get tested on? And why is there an extract test for people wanting to do medicine?! it is just discriminatory.

excuse me for my lack of knowledge, because frankly I'd never have the slightest intention to do medicine or to become a doctor in my 18 years of life.

HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
I know this sounds stupid... but what hell is UMAT test anyway?

I know it stands for "university medine access test" and it is for those who are applying for medicine in uni. But what do you guys get tested on? And why is there an extract test for people wanting to do medicine?! it is just discriminatory.

excuse me for my lack of knowledge, because frankly I'd never have the slightest intention to do medicine or to become a doctor in my 18 years of life.
nice try at the umat acronym but it's actually Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)