UNCLE "I got an offer" 2009 Thread (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
When I accepted my offer I recieved a student ID number and a password - I tried to enrole - even the "dont know my password" approach didn't work. Why would I recieve this info if I wasn't meant to use it directly????
The student number that you receive on your confirmation letter is the first part of the process.

You'll need to come to one of the Hubs if you are having problems with your account. Once you are there, you can also get your student card printed off and buy parking permits if you need to.

Don't stress though, because all of the students starting this year are in exactly the same position as you.

Last edited:

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
The student number that you receive on your confirmation letter is the first part of the process.

You'll need to come to one of the Hubs to activate your student number. Once you are there, you can also get your student card printed off and buy parking permits if you need to.

Don't stress though, because all of the students starting this year are in exactly the same position as you.
Thanks :) - I'm going to try and come in today to sort all this out + some of the course work.

hjp.

HSC

You'll need to come to one of the Hubs to activate your student number. Once you are there, you can also get your student card printed off and buy parking permits if you need to.

i am also extremely confused - can you explain it to me in simple sentences?

i also was given a number and password when i accepted? and it said it'd take two working days to activate or something?

and now i got my offer in the mail and theres a booklet which says in it something about under 18's needing parental consent to open their internet accounts? (fuck, i hate being 17)
so i can't enrol or pick my classes or whatever else until i get consent? what the hell.

someone help. very confused

hjp.

HSC
hey! its you again too, congrats! have you downloaded 'my guide' from the uni site? it's really good and has all the steps you need to do before you start. i don't think you can activate your online account until 2 days after the offer comes out cos it takes a while to process. Once you've done that you can start enrolling in specific courses and getting all your ID cards etc. If all else fails they can help you at O week :)
myGuide is confusing me.
what do we do with the user ID and password they give you when you accept?

em_516

bludging..
HSC

i also was given a number and password when i accepted? and it said it'd take two working days to activate or something?

and now i got my offer in the mail and theres a booklet which says in it something about under 18's needing parental consent to open their internet accounts? (fuck, i hate being 17)
so i can't enrol or pick my classes or whatever else until i get consent? what the hell.

someone help. very confused
I was 17 too and I'm fairly sure from memory this only applies to when you're at uni. You're able to use your own internet and enrol yourself. It's just when you're at uni and have a computer lab, you can't use the computer (I believe..) unless you've filled out some form (think it's like "Yeh my parents are cool = parent's signature").

I don't think I dealt with this until a few weeks after I'd already started uni so it's not even a major issue (at this point).

emperor90

HSC
ummm

It says my details are on "hold" or something until I complete a: to do list?
but when I try to do them I need to use the numbers they gave me, but they aint working!
Did I do something wrong?

I'm so confused!

blue_chameleon

HSC
Now that you have the letter with your user ID and your password, here are the steps:

1. Wait two days for the account to be activated.
2. Parental Consent Form signed and returned to any Student Hubs.
3. go to MyHub and enter the details to login to enrol.
- UserID = Student Number
4. Accept Terms & Conditions to use Internet

...i got my offer in the mail and theres a booklet which says in it something about under 18's needing parental consent to open their internet accounts? (fuck, i hate being 17)
Yes, unfortunately if you're under 18 you'll need to get your parents to sign a form to allow you to access the internet. This isn't a rule created by the university, it's actually law (as you can read in the link I am posting below).

This will also mean that you can't enrol in your subjects until it's done. But, in all honesty, it's a simple signature that you have to show. Once you have that done, come in to the Hubs and we should be able to walk you through your enrolment to make sure you understand everything and enrol in the right subjects.

myGuide is confusing me.
what do we do with the user ID and password they give you when you accept?
The student number and password that you are given on the letter allows you to logon to computers within the library.

This will also mean that you can't enrol in your subjects until it's done. But, in all honesty, it's a simple signature that you have to show. Once you have that done, come in to the Hubs and we should be able to walk you through your enrolment to make sure you understand everything and enrol in the right subjects.

Hope this helps.

Link to Parental Consent Form: Parental Consent Form for Internet Access for Students Under the Age of 18 / IT Services / Unit / The University of Newcastle, Australia

MyHub webpage:
http://webapps.newcastle.edu.au/index.cfm

More information:
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/Resources/Student Admissions/UAC PDFs/09/UGradOFFER_2009.pdf

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
ummm

It says my details are on "hold" or something until I complete a: to do list?
but when I try to do them I need to use the numbers they gave me, but they aint working!
Did I do something wrong?

I'm so confused!
Yeah, all that stuff is basically Terms & Conditions that you have to complete to access enrollments.

You will need to login to MyHub using the UserID supplied (which is also your student number).

For example, your UserID should be 3045256 etc and your username will be that with a 'c' infront of it. So, c3045256.

If that still fails, you'll need to come into the campus and get them to reset your password for you.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Wow really? Oops, sorry. All I remember that it was the tiniest little blip on my radar haha.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Wow really? Oops, sorry. All I remember that it was the tiniest little blip on my radar haha.
Yeah, it's pretty straightforward really. Just print off form, get parents to sign, and take with you to Hubs when you get student card.

:)

emperor90

HSC
Yeah, all that stuff is basically Terms & Conditions that you have to complete to access enrollments.

You will need to login to MyHub using the UserID supplied (which is also your student number).

For example, your UserID should be 3045256 etc and your username will be that with a 'c' infront of it. So, c3045256.

If that still fails, you'll need to come into the campus and get them to reset your password for you.

Thanks for that, yeah it still isnt working. I'll just wait and see if it works later, and come into the uni sometime. :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Anyone get on-campus accommodation offers yet?...preferably IH.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
martha farkah.

I want to know so badly, if i get on campus accommodation i'm going if i don't i am deferring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)