UTS Bachelor of Accounting 2011 (1 Viewer)

jst.KP

HSC
what does everyone think about part B where your teacher has to fill in your overall rank in your school?
Do yu guys think that will matter a lot?

atm1991

HSC
what does everyone think about part B where your teacher has to fill in your overall rank in your school?
Do yu guys think that will matter a lot?
I personally don't think it means a lot. The schools comment might mean a bit but the ATAR estimate isn't hugely important, so long as it's > 85. My estimate was 80 - 90 and I got nearly 92, so I think they would have learnt to take the school's estimate with a grain of salt. The grade rank thing is also kind of pointless as someone coming first in every subject at a low ranking school might not be as strong academically as someone ranked lower at a more competitive or higher ranked school.

twistedrebel

HSC
Just submitted Part A, lets see how i go with this, chances dont seem that good.

twistedrebel

HSC
Question, for Part B did you guys fill it in, i have plenty of spaces e.g. not the maximum avaliable is filled i just listed in point form

atm1991

HSC
Question, for Part B did you guys fill it in, i have plenty of spaces e.g. not the maximum avaliable is filled i just listed in point form
Yeah man, bullet points are fine. That's what I did. and I certainly hadn't filled all the spaces. Just be honest and put down what you have done :) Best of luck!

twistedrebel

HSC
also is it 2.5 years or 3 year degree, with one semester of industry work, right?

atm1991

HSC
also is it 2.5 years or 3 year degree, with one semester of industry work, right?
Nah man, 3 year degree with TWO industry placements. First one is in semester 2 of year 1, and the second one is in semester 1 of year 3.

This link (UTS:�C10235v1 Bachelor of Accounting - Business,�UTS Handbook 2010) explains it pretty well, except you do Accounting For Business and Accounting Information Systems in what is called 'Fast Track', basically 5-6 weeks during summer before the main autumn semester or semester 1 commences. In Year 2, you do this again for only one subject this time, Cost Management Systems. Whilst on internship 1, we do Australian Corporate Environment and Marketing Foundations. During internship 2, you will likely do Audit Services and Assurance and one other subject of your second major/submajor or an elective.

Hope this clears up the course structure a bit :)

twistedrebel

HSC
Nah man, 3 year degree with TWO industry placements. First one is in semester 2 of year 1, and the second one is in semester 1 of year 3.

This link (UTS:�C10235v1 Bachelor of Accounting - Business,�UTS Handbook 2010) explains it pretty well, except you do Accounting For Business and Accounting Information Systems in what is called 'Fast Track', basically 5-6 weeks during summer before the main autumn semester or semester 1 commences. In Year 2, you do this again for only one subject this time, Cost Management Systems. Whilst on internship 1, we do Australian Corporate Environment and Marketing Foundations. During internship 2, you will likely do Audit Services and Assurance and one other subject of your second major/submajor or an elective.

Hope this clears up the course structure a bit :)
ah k, thanks for that dude. Must get Part B done tomorrow at school, hopefully i get a good estimate.
Also i assume, most people are offered a job at the end of their degree, by their sponsorship company?

atm1991

HSC
ah k, thanks for that dude. Must get Part B done tomorrow at school, hopefully i get a good estimate.
Also i assume, most people are offered a job at the end of their degree, by their sponsorship company?
Until recently, the uni promoted the course as having a 100% employment rate over the 20 years its been running. Recently, they changed that figure to greater than 95%, for reasons I do not yet know. Many people are taken on as grads by one of the companies they did their internship at, some people go to other sponsors, some students go to non sponsors, some students do honours etc. So the options are there for you at the end of your degree. Whatever path you take, I doubt you would have too much trouble landing a job that interests you :)

berrrt

HSC
do you know about any other lateral thinking questions they've asked before?

honestly, i would be completely bewildered if i got asked a question about finding a needle in a haystack or measuring the size of an airplane. any suggestions on how you would go about answering those lateral thinking questions?

also would you happen to know who the two interviewers are? are they representatives from the sponsors or part of the faculty at uts?

thanks, ive submitted my part B application and im hoping to get an interview.

atm1991

HSC
do you know about any other lateral thinking questions they've asked before?

honestly, i would be completely bewildered if i got asked a question about finding a needle in a haystack or measuring the size of an airplane. any suggestions on how you would go about answering those lateral thinking questions?

also would you happen to know who the two interviewers are? are they representatives from the sponsors or part of the faculty at uts?

thanks, ive submitted my part B application and im hoping to get an interview.
Best wishes mate! I can't really think of any other advice for the lateral thinking questions other than google maybe?

If interviewed, it will be by 2 people. these could be ex bacc's (usually at sponsor companies), uts staff, or other representatives of the sponsors. I had a lecturer/accounting staff member and an ex bacc now at westpac.

twistedrebel

HSC
time for the waiting game to begin i guess. lets see if i get offered an interview

berrrt

HSC
Best wishes mate! I can't really think of any other advice for the lateral thinking questions other than google maybe?

If interviewed, it will be by 2 people. these could be ex bacc's (usually at sponsor companies), uts staff, or other representatives of the sponsors. I had a lecturer/accounting staff member and an ex bacc now at westpac.
thanks and yeah now its just the waiting game, we should all know by friday.
Just out of curiousity, treefig and twistedrebel are both shore boys?

.surrealism

HSC
Hmm, well it's Friday today, and i haven't gotten any reply yet, has anyone?
I don't think i'll even get an interview considering by lack of extra curricular stuff, but i'm still curious. xD Ah well, i guess i'll just keep on waiting.

atm1991

HSC
Hmm, well it's Friday today, and i haven't gotten any reply yet, has anyone?
I don't think i'll even get an interview considering by lack of extra curricular stuff, but i'm still curious. xD Ah well, i guess i'll just keep on waiting.
Hey I don't think anyone has got an interview offer yet. No one I've asked has has had any correspondence from the uni. Try and stay positive, my list of extra curriculars wasn't particularly flash either. Hopefully you will hear from them very soon and best wishes to you all :)

twistedrebel

HSC
offered an interview, fuck yes. surprised actually considering estimate was 85-95

SchoolStudent

HSC
Good question. Well the email I got last year telling me I had been offered an interview said approximately 200 people were selected for interview. The number of applicants is a little more sketchy. I've heard various estimates of between 700 and 1000, but this could be way off. I don't think anyone has actually asked how many applicants is around the average. Not really sure if it would considered rude of me to ask someone from the uni, but if I do find out, I will update this post :)
I just read the acceptance email and it said that approximately 180 applicants have been selected for an interview this year.
Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)