UTS Bachelor of Accounting 2011 (1 Viewer)

atm1991

HSC
atm1991,

what are the contact hours for the Bacc program. I ve business courses are really low contact hours and what not
all subject are 3 hours a week, usually a 2hr lecture and 1 hour tute. This semester just gone, I did 15 hours week

twistedrebel

HSC
do BAcc students sit in normal lectures, i ve heard UTS lecturers are recorded, so no need to attend? I know BAcc start earlier then most,

Angela92

HSC
can you accept a cadetship but if you get a co-op reject the cadetship?
The offers for bacc only come out on 16th right- they dont phone you up like the big 4 prior?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
can you accept a cadetship but if you get a co-op reject the cadetship?
The offers for bacc only come out on 16th right- they dont phone you up like the big 4 prior?
Whilst there is nothing stopping you from cancelling on the cadetship contract which you have signed (which remember is still a contractual agreement), keep in mind that it is highly likely the people who are responsible for the BAcc interviews/scholarship process are likely to be the same people who were involved in your cadetship process.

To be honest if you are going for the coop program and cadetship is just a backup, you need to ask yourself is a cadetship what you really want. It's not a very good 'backup' considering it's a full time position and if you don't know if you want to work full time or commit to a single firm, then it might not be the best option for you.

HSC
For those that already had their interviews, would you mind sharing your experiences, like what questions they asked and stuff.

willma88

HSC
The interview was quite good actually. I had to trek a bit to get to UTS for a 35 minute interview so hopefully it was worth it.

They take you to your rooms and you meet you interviewer. I had Bonnie from PwC and a man from Ernest and Young. It was pretty chilled - they started by saying how competitive the course is. Something like 400 applicants for 30 positions.

They told me what they did and asked me whether I knew a little about their respective companies. Talked about accounting in a large firm for a while.

Then they went through my applications bit by bit and just talked about the activities that I have done, what I have learnt from it and what I will bring to their organisation if successful. This took up the majority of the time. Id say around 25-30 minutes.

Its unlikely that you will like the interview so much that you will come back for seconds, but its definitely not all that bad.

twistedrebel

HSC
do they check your references, one of my one is on holidays in europe

Last edited:

willma88

HSC
do they check your references, one of my one is on holidays in europe
No they dont, u just hand it in to them upon arriving.
Pretty much, all they want to do is to have a chat with you. See how you present you rself etc. I think they will use the references once they consider offering you a position.

SchoolStudent

HSC
OMG YES! :haha:

I couldn't believe it! and i got guaranteed a position but now i have to decide whether or not to take up this or a cadetship.

Any ideas on comparative benefits???:confused:

atm1991

HSC
do BAcc students sit in normal lectures, i ve heard UTS lecturers are recorded, so no need to attend? I know BAcc start earlier then most,
BAcc starts mid January, normal uni is around early March. Some lectures are recorded, but definitely not the majority. Attend lectures where you can as for some subjects the lectures are far more valuable than the textbook, such as business stats. BAcc students attend normal lectures, but have some tutes which are allocated as BAcc only when you enrol, but if others are full, they can and will be opened up to BBus.

atm1991

HSC

I couldn't believe it! and i got guaranteed a position but now i have to decide whether or not to take up this or a cadetship.

Congratulations! As to whether to take a cadetship instead, I'm not the best person to ask as i didn't apply to cadetships except a last minute effort for kpmg, which yielded no result. I would say consider this: UTS Bachelor of Accounting

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Depends on which firm(s) you have cadetships with, and if you really want to work with those firms or if you just want to try lots of different things. One offers diversity the other offers progression.

HSC
I got an email saying i have a 75% chance of getting in after the atar results come out. Did anyone applying this year or current students get this?

nashty22

HSC
hey guys. bit late haha but i wanted to ask those guys that got the 75% chance thing last yr
did u guys end up getting it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)