UTS Bachelor of Accounting 2011 (1 Viewer)

treefig

HSC
yep got an interview...sooo happy

180 interviews for 30-35 applicants....geez...

waiting game now..

how long between interview and when you find out if you have been offered the BAcc?

SchoolStudent

HSC
yep got an interview...sooo happy

180 interviews for 30-35 applicants....geez...

waiting game now..

how long between interview and when you find out if you have been offered the BAcc?

well according to the manual, we find out on the 16th of July...

just a quick question- if we are accepted after the interview, does that mean that we are definitely in the BAcc course next year regardless of the atar we achieve??

thanks

and congrats to all those who got accepted

treefig

HSC
yeah read that - pretty quick at deciding out of 180 applicants

i think you need over 95 to get it for sure, and if you don't then it gets compared against the reserve list...

.surrealism

HSC
Mm, surprisingly landed myself an interview too. Congrats guys. :)

yeah read that - pretty quick at deciding out of 180 applicants

i think you need over 95 to get it for sure, and if you don't then it gets compared against the reserve list...
Well, we had one of the co-op students come to out school to talk about the course and he said they accepted people with ATAR about 85+ provided they did well in their interviews.

atm1991

HSC
Congrats to all who have been offered interviews! I will be attending the friday interview day, 8-12 I think so hopefully I'll get to speak to some of you then :)

If I recall correctly, the actual offers for the first round were made a week after the last day of interviews. I got mine on a friday so probably just over a week after the last day of interviews.

If you get offered a position after the interviews it is guaranteed pending an ATAR of 95 or above. Anything below and you are no longer guaranteed. But as long as you are above 90, your chances are still very good. Even below, as long as it's still above 85, you still have a chance if your interview performance and to a lesser extent application were very good.

Are any of you coming to the Revue on Friday night? Not sure if any emails got sent to applicants about that? If not, just ignore me haha.

.surrealism said:
Well, we had one of the co-op students come to out school to talk about the course and he said they accepted people with ATAR about 85+ provided they did well in their interviews.
Who came to your school? Just curious haha

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC
What do they talk about in the interview stage etc. Also is it common for people to get an ATAR of 85-95 and get rejected?
I was under the assumption most people with 85+ pretty much get in, if they were offered.

atm1991

HSC
What do they talk about in the interview stage etc. Also is it common for people to get an ATAR of 85-95 and get rejected?
I was under the assumption most people with 85+ pretty much get in, if they were offered.
Haha don't get too caught up on what will be asked in the interview. I don't think it's strict, they can ask what they want. I don't feel my interview was really strict, it was flexible in terms of what was asked, and my responses seemed at times to direct the interview. But you will likely get questions on examples of leadership, team work, etc, why you are interested in accounting, what you think accountants are/do, logic problems and more. Just be prepared to go in there and talk. Obviously think about what might be asked, but don't try and prepare scripted responses to a certain question. I'm sure they will tell straight away if an answer sounds prepared or rote learned. Just be genuine, honest and open about why business and specifically accounting is appealing to you.

About rejection with an ATAR above 85 after already being offered a position, I'm not sure to be honest. Obviously, there will be students who are offered BAcc but reject it for UNSW Co-op, cadetships, combined law and completely different degrees because they decide accounting is not for them. So I think if you ended up getting rejected despite getting over 85, it would mean an unusually high number of very high achieving students on the reserve lists. But again, don't worry too much about these things :)

twistedrebel

HSC
i went, and left quickly, could not see any year 12's all B Acc students, but i got their on time, maybe everyone came later?

willma88

HSC
6 for 630. What time did you leave? There were a couple by 15 past. More current students than applicants.

twistedrebel

HSC
so what time is everyone's interviews? i got 14th so only 2 days of waiting for results i guess. Will make me less nervous

rfight

HSC
N/A
congrats to those who got an interview:wave:

any good interview questions to ask the interviewers?

thanks for your help!

game on!! :shoot::chainsaw:

haha good luck everyone! :)

twistedrebel

HSC
atm1991,

what are the contact hours for the Bacc program. I ve business courses are really low contact hours and what not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)