UTS(good or bad) (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:
Guys... If you read my posts, I have never said UAI is indicative of quality of course. The UAI just reflects the popularity of a course, and the popularity is decided by what i have discussed before and im sick to death of repeating it.
what?
I would go back and quote all those 'the uai is high because people know whch unis are better' type posts but i really cbf atm. maybe later..

And i have never directed criticism to you personally and i think by directing your insults at me personally just reflects your flawed character. Remember that life goes far beyond unis, this discussion of unis should never raise conflict between people.
And this is coming from the elitist who thinks UTS is a uni for people who missed out on getting into USyd and UNSW.

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
what?
I would go back and quote all those 'the uai is high because people know whch unis are better' type posts but i really cbf atm. maybe later..

And this is coming from the elitist who thinks UTS is a uni for people who missed out on getting into USyd and UNSW.

If you cant even see the logic I was trying to present by showing how the high UAI reflects high demand and demand is fuelled by factors just as quality... then I have nothing more to say.

I never said UTS is for ppl who missed out on Syd and NSW. I said people should know better than to think UTS is a generally better uni than Syd or NSW.

And honestly im sick of talking to you who i dunno... aspires to go to UTS?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:
I never said UTS is for ppl who missed out on Syd and NSW. I said people should know better than to think UTS is a generally better uni than Syd or NSW.
runnable said:
So all in all... the point im trying to make is that UTS is an excellent choice (assuming you dun want to go interstate or overseas) if you cannot get into USyd or UNSW

runnable

HSC
Haha yea dispute what i said? Thats truth in what i said.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
lol i know i said that the below was my final say on this thread.

BIGTYMA said:
well heres my final say on this thread.

I dont like uts for a two reasons:
  1. The feel of campus, too cramped for my liking.
  2. The most boring people i have ever met were from uts.
but i had to reply to the below.

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
1. The UTS campus isnt just the tall building you know :p
2. Just because some of the people that go to UTS that you have met are boring, doesn't mean all UTS students are like that. :p
  1. Every uts student says that there are 'supposably' other buildings (im just trolling), but honestly where the hell are the other buildings, in fact i dont even know where the uts campus begins and ends.
  2. First impressions last along time. Plus i had no idea why they were at the unsw unibar.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:
Haha yea dispute what i said? Thats truth in what i said.
what?
read that again.
Your two posts contradict each other.
Does everything have to be spelled out for you to understand it?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
l
  1. Every uts student says that there are 'supposably' other buildings (im just trolling), but honestly where the hell are the other buildings, in fact i dont even know where the uts campus begins and ends.
lol, i thought there was only one buildig as well...

Rainelk

HSC
Trust me, the glowing feeling of being at a prestigious uni (or adversely the deep depression that comes from going to a "lesser" uni if you are that way inclined), will only last until you actually go to the uni. Then reality kicks in.

Also, UTS has,multiple buildings dotted around the southern end of the city, most of which are much nicer than the tower. If you do architecture at Sydney Uni, that building is very ironically ugly.

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
i think UTS is a fairly good uni and that it shouldn't be judged on UAI cut-offs. UAI cut-offs just represent the amount of demand, not the quality of the course. People see the high uai-cut off and assume it's better and apply for it thus keeping the cut off high. The courses really don't differ that much and you'll learn the same skills at any uni.

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
what?
read that again.
Your two posts contradict each other.
Does everything have to be spelled out for you to understand it?

You quoted out of context and by taking out parts of my sentences. Im sick of your shit and you can find all the comfort you want and justify your choice of UTS.

The original sentence being "So all in all... the point im trying to make is that UTS is an excellent choice (assuming you dun want to go interstate or overseas) if you cannot get into USyd or UNSW for various reasons."

Do not selectively quote to bring about your shit.

Last edited:

MoNNiE

HSC
Who cares if UTS Tower is ugly -- its only ugly because it stands out within the city landscape... has anyone bothered to look at some of the campus buildings in UNSW & USYD? Physically and structurally, they are very dull. On the other hand, although UTS tower is rated the ugliest building -- it however is unique in design & structurally intriguing...

Take some chill pills people. In the end, nobody really cares where you graduate from -- it is all about you! Even if you go to some prestige uni, in the end your employer wants to know is if you are a hard worker... not whether you went to XXX uni. Unless you want an ego booster

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:
You quoted out of context and by taking out parts of my sentences. Im sick of your shit and you can find all the comfort you want and justify your choice of UTS.
You goldfish... I've already told youI'm not an advocate for uts. FYI i don't even want to go there..

The original sentence being "So all in all... the point im trying to make is that UTS is an excellent choice (assuming you dun want to go interstate or overseas) if you cannot get into USyd or UNSW for various reasons."

Do not selectively quote to bring about your shit.
what the fuck? and what you those various reasons be?
What you are saying is that you should go to uts if you cant get into USyd or unsw.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
The Australian government ranked UTS equal first in Australia for teaching and learning, so obviously it's a good uni

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
what the fuck? and what you those various reasons be?
What you are saying is that you should go to uts if you cant get into USyd or unsw.
Various reason: Quality, UAI, Distance, Reputation, Scholarship, Friends etc

These i have posed before, if you are too stupid to comprehend, i am too lazy to repeat it for you again.

Those reasons leading to the inability to go to UNSW/USyd, then UTS is an excellent choice. But UTS should not be hailed as better than NSW/Syd in terms of quality.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
runnable said:

These i have posed before, if you are too stupid to comprehend, i am too lazy to repeat it for you again.

Those reasons leading to the inability to go to UNSW/USyd, then UTS is an excellent choice. But UTS should not be hailed as better than NSW/Syd in terms of quality.
well this isn't getting anywhere. You don't seem to understand anything anyone is saying. So this will be my last post on this matter.

good luck getting into comm/law.

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
well this isn't getting anywhere. You don't seem to understand anything anyone is saying. So this will be my last post on this matter.

good luck getting into comm/law.
Yea i think its best that you just leave. People here are sick of your shit. If you havent realised, the concensus here is that USyd/UNSW is indeed a higher quality institution than UTS.

HSC
runnable said:

distance- dumb post already UNSW is more inconvenient than USYD and UTS and UTS is the most convenient out of the 3.

Once again the level of your ignorance is incredible- there are many people myself included who could have gone to unis like USYD and UNSW if we wanted to but chose not to ie: UAI argument. UNSW and USYD are good unis but you should read about the course you want to get into before jumping on the bandwagon of one institution over the other.

Haha friends that's the biggest joke I've ever heard anyway I couldn't care what uni you decide to go to. Not assed posting in this thread again which is flooding with 08ers who have no clue.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
distance- dumb post already UNSW is more inconvenient than USYD and UTS and UTS is the most convenient out of the 3.

Once again the level of your ignorance is incredible- there are many people myself included who could have gone to unis like USYD and UNSW if we wanted to but chose not to ie: UAI argument. UNSW and USYD are good unis but you should read about the course you want to get into before jumping on the bandwagon of one institution over the other.

Haha friends that's the biggest joke I've ever heard anyway I couldn't care what uni you decide to go to. Not assed posting in this thread again which is flooding with 08ers who have no clue.
Argeed. Too many 08ers posting about what they've "heard" about uni(s).

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
Argeed. Too many 08ers posting about what they've "heard" about uni(s).
08'ers seem to know quite a lot.. despite never being to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)