What are people at UOW like? (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, between Wollongong and Western Sydney, they hold something like 70% of NSW's call centres.

Get a licence, don't lose it, find some transport and you should be able to get a job quick smart... and if you don't get those things... scrounge the street for loose change to afford those things so you can get a job.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Haha how the hell do you apply to work in a call centre?!

Ninga

HSC
Theres ads in the paper most weekends for call centre people and for telemarketers, etc...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
apparently they pay pretty well too, casual is around $17 and part-time around $15 if i remember correctly

santaslayer

HSC
:uhhuh:......I saw a pretty good telemarketing job in the noticeboard last session but it required you to be fluent in another language...:uhhuh:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Does that mean an international student who is fluent in English, or does that mean us english speakers being fluent in another language, because I wonder I would be chosen because I speak fluent Icelandic... although it is probably the most useless language in the world with even 80% of Iceland using english instead.

santaslayer

HSC
Raiks said:
Does that mean an international student who is fluent in English, or does that mean us english speakers being fluent in another language, because I wonder I would be chosen because I speak fluent Icelandic... although it is probably the most useless language in the world with even 80% of Iceland using english instead.
Not dismissing Icelandic but no, they didn't require such talent. :p

You can try out if you can speak both English and another language...on top of my head...Arabic, Chinese, Vi3tnamese, Cantonese....woops i guess al they want are aznz..:p

adsta

HSC
I feel offended by this thread.... Nah just kidding. As others have said, the uni is made up of many races, groups etc. Which is a nice change compared to the sydney uni's. Oh and one more thing, most groups, including my friends aren't all the same at all. Like a group wont consist of all surfies, you might have a couple, plus a few asians, mix a few europeans in, and then cook uncovered for 15 minutes (sorry, but it started sounding like a recipe).
But yeah, what I'm trying to say is don't not talk to someone just because they aren't what you want. Who knows, you could end up becoming good friends, or they could be really smart and be able to help you out :)
Anyway, I'm positive you will fit in just fine. I had the opportunity to transfer to unsw, but I decided to stay because I'm really happy here.
Good luck.

HSC
Speaking of smelly communists, they should put those pleasant smell things from cars, down in the computer labs in building 3, damn stereotypical poor hygiene nerds... I'm in here, it's 7:30, and I'm over it. I think I'll migrate to the library, where I can breathe!

Ninga

HSC
Computer lab gnome. Computers smell at uni. Do you know how many germs are in keyboards that get used by everyone? I've read more germs than on a toilet seat. Happy typing :)

santaslayer

HSC
Yes, I think I'm getting sick from uni computers too...QUOTA EXCEDED...hurruhhh...!!! :p
(thank you BoS :p)

adsta

HSC
Ninga said:
Computer lab gnome. Computers smell at uni. Do you know how many germs are in keyboards that get used by everyone? I've read more germs than on a toilet seat. Happy typing :)
Thats why I wear disposable gloves when I'm using those computers =P

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
which is why I don't use the labs that often... I've never really found a need to, to be honest... I guess I'm just not doing a computer nerd orientated course.

Ninga

HSC
Yeap, same, i've been in the computer labs at uni less than 10 times i'd say. And 1 of them was to enrol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)