What are people at UOW like? (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Wollongong is the only place to have a Greens candidate in the parliament. (from memory)

That i think sais alot about the area, expect generaly nice people.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
the greens (cunningham) candidate is gone now, replaced by labor.
I noticed, but at least they had a Greens candidate in power.

From what i understand the area is very leftward leaning. One of the reasons why i am looking foward to going there.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
slammindas said:
ther many indians at UOW?
We have an indian society so if you feel like you want to establish your own little india in UOW, you can join them.

Wollongong is great, but besides the actual university and what I use it for (education and alcohol)... then the entire city isn't to my liking, mostly because there isn't that much to do after you get over Rustys, Glasshouse, Northies and the beach.

santaslayer

HSC
Pudgedog said:
of course the people rock there.
im there.
and im impressive.
Shuddup Tony...:p

im more impressive than u...

im gonna make an impressive meal at KFC..the xtreme meal sux...:p

Pudgedog

santaslayer said:
Shuddup Tony...:p

im more impressive than u...

im gonna make an impressive meal at KFC..the xtreme meal sux...:p
fark man...its like you kill conversations or something..i come back after like 4 days, and after every of your posts theres nothing.

its like you stink or somethin..

stinkman.

slammindas

establish my own little india, wat the hell man. i just wanted to know in case i go il hav some stuf in common wit ppl. by the way we arent talkin bout FOBs are we?

estaile

who cares.
go there, make some new friends.
maybe the 'surfies' or the 'FOBS' arent the ones with the problem but you are.
quit caring what background your from. thats not why you choose a uni.
we're all australians.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
estaile said:
who cares.
go there, make some new friends.
maybe the 'surfies' or the 'FOBS' arent the ones with the problem but you are.
quit caring what background your from. thats not why you choose a uni.
we're all australians.
Thats true. Uni is a place to make new friends, broaden your horizons, not to go and stick with ur group of ppl. Plus im sure the commonality of alcohol will enable you to make plenty of new friends :uhhuh:.

santaslayer

HSC
slammindas said:
establish my own little india, wat the hell man. i just wanted to know in case i go il hav some stuf in common wit ppl. by the way we arent talkin bout FOBs are we?
Uh, precisely. :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:....ahahahahah!

bestkeptsecret

HSC
bobbie212 said:
they think they can pull chicks but they just dont....haha na i dont hate surfies i just cant imagine myself fittin in wit surfies
jezzzzz give the surfies a break.... im a surfy chick live at beach.. best ever.. my surf club rocks and surfies are the nicest coolest guys ever.. hope there are loads at uow cause that where i wanna go !!!!!!!!!

p i r a t e

Hey all! I'm hoping to get into B Commerce/B Arts next year (the cut off was 81 last year and I got 84, so I hope there isn't a dramatic change!!) I'm so bummed I missed out on accomodation cos I'm from Sydney which means I'll have to travel up there everyday for the 1st or maybe even 2nd semester too :( 2.5 hours on train arhhhh but yeh, I'm hoping that that won't interfer with me making friends cos I want a fresh start!

Hope to see ya there!

Bone577

HSC
N/A
p i r a t e said:
Hey all! I'm hoping to get into B Commerce/B Arts next year (the cut off was 81 last year and I got 84, so I hope there isn't a dramatic change!!) I'm so bummed I missed out on accomodation cos I'm from Sydney which means I'll have to travel up there everyday for the 1st or maybe even 2nd semester too :( 2.5 hours on train arhhhh but yeh, I'm hoping that that won't interfer with me making friends cos I want a fresh start!

Hope to see ya there!

there is private accomodation. Even catered private accomodation. It shouldn't be hard to find and from what i have seen no difference in price. The UOW website should have a listing of such places. GL and cya there.

Pudgedog

i reckon the wollongong accomation (other than random houses near there) are pretty crap.

rather expensive for my tastes....

santaslayer

HSC
Pudgedog said:
i reckon the wollongong accomation (other than random houses near there) are pretty crap.

rather expensive for my tastes....
fuck off pudgedog. :p

HSC
jessiejayne said:
Hey the person from Goulburn im a crookwell person and was wondering how you like the UNI?
All things considered it's ok, and much better than anything I could be doing with my time at home in Goulburn. Travel takes its toll, but overall I'm enjoying it about as much as I would enjoy any other Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)