What perfume are you wearing at the moment? (1 Viewer)

HSC
but the other day i tried Marc Jacobs: Daisy (the black one. NOT THE WHITE ONE) and i fell in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i must get it LOL
so awesome, its easy to kill it though, if you even spray it once directly onto yourself you and everyone around you will probably want to die

OHOHOH I love perfume.
Today I'm in a cute mood so I'm wearing "Romance" by Ralph Lauren.
love this too :shy:

my favourite at the moment is the gwen stefani one with the little cartoon doll of her on top, it smells like pina colada or something, so good

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Currently, Echo Woman, by Davidoff. Been trying to make this bottle last, but it's almost gone :( In the mood to go perfume shopping tomorrow.... I want to get something really sweet smelling, with undertones of cotton candy and/or french vanilla. Any ideas?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i wore mariah carey pink today. kind of over it lol.

my fave perfumes of all time though...
1. narciso rodriguez!!!
2. MJ daisy
3. stella mccartney- stella
4. YSL young sexy lovely
5. ralph lauren- classicccc :D

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Lacoste Style in play, i think its discontinued.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
At the moment I'm wearing Fantasy by Britney Spears lol, trying to use it up. I think it smells good but it's more of a winter scent so I'll have to stop wearing it soon and move on.

Never been a big perfume person though...I like it and everything but I don't have a signature scent that I wear or anything like that. If it smells nice I use it. Or just use scented moisturisers and stuff. I do like Stella by Stella McCartney though, that'll be my next one I think.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
What is the difference between cologne and EDT ??
or for girls, whats the difference between perfume and EDT ?
It's about the strength of the fragrance I think

EDT = eau de toilette = light, not quite a perfume really, just a subtle scented spray
EDP = eau de parfum (?) = heavier, most perfumes seem to be in this category
Parfum = very strong, go carefully

I think this is right?

louy

HSC
N/A
It's about the strength of the fragrance I think

EDT = eau de toilette = light, not quite a perfume really, just a subtle scented spray
EDP = eau de parfum (?) = heavier, most perfumes seem to be in this category
Parfum = very strong, go carefully

I think this is right?
As well as the strength, what about how long they last for ?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
nothing right now, but despite owning like 15 or something ridiculous i usually stick to lancome hypnose/hugo boss dark blue/d&g the one/black xs/ck free
depending on the situation/weather/time of day etc

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
In answer to strength and lasting questions (doris you were spot on this is just in more detail):

Parfum (generally the most concentrated form you can buy) has 15-25% perfume oil dissolved in alcohol. Any mixture with a lower proportion of oil to alcohol is an eau (water).

Eau Fraiche (Usually 3% or less perfume oil)
Eau de cologne (2 – 5% perfume oil)
Eau de Toilette (4 – 10% perfume oil)
Eau de parfum (8 – 15% perfume oil)
Soie de Parfum (15 – 18% perfume oil)
PARFUM or Perfume (15 – 25% — also sometimes referred to as extract or extrait)
Perfume oil (15-30% perfume oil in an oil rather than alcohol base)

You may also see the term Parfum de Toilette. Most companies use this term to describe a concentration that is either the same as Eau De Parfum, or between Eau De Parfum and Parfum. Other companies use the term to describe an Eau De Toilette concentration.
As far as I can tell about long lasting scents, it depends on the ingredients as much as the strength. You might find this also varies according to the top and base notes from perfume to perfume. According to most perfume websites, perfume wears off from dry skin more quickly. It is recommended that you apply perfume to a patch of skin that has an unscented moisturiser on it:

All other things being equal, perfumes evaporate more rapidly from dry skin, so the best way to make fragrance last longer is to use a relatively heavy body lotion or cream. Some people like to buy the “matching” cream for their fragrance, but you can also use an unscented cream like Cetaphil, or try petroleum jelly or jojoba oil. You might also try a light mist to your hair, which is said to hold scent longer than skin."

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
nothing because im not gay okay
also i like to spend my money on worthwhile stuff
rexona for men yeh

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i'm wearing jo malone's red roses body lotion with honeysuckle & jasmine edp.
:wave: I was waiting for you to post something. I need a girlie friend who is into perfume so I can talk to someone who isn't Nick about what I like and what I want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)