What perfume are you wearing at the moment? (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Does anyone have the honeysuckle and jasmine one?
EDIT: Jo Malone's fragrance

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yes i wear it all the time, it's really nice.
i have almost all jo malone fragrances in some form or another: edp, body lotion, candle, hand cream etc.

(love her)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC

these are the images on the boxes for etat libre d'orange - all of them have such sexually suggestive names too "don't get me wrong baby i don't swallow, secretions magnifique, delicious closet queen etc. so amusing.

RockRoyalty

HSC
N/A
these are the images on the boxes for etat libre d'orange - all of them have such sexually suggestive names too "don't get me wrong baby i don't swallow, secretions magnifique, delicious closet queen etc. so amusing.
I experimented with those. One tiny spray= you reek of disgusting for a very, very prolonged time. They all smell OLD surprisingly, but like a morbid but sexual hag or something.

With that said, I like anything from Benefit and Miss Dior Cherie+ MDC L'eau.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I experimented with those. One tiny spray= you reek of disgusting for a very, very prolonged time. They all smell OLD surprisingly, but like a morbid but sexual hag or something.

With that said, I like anything from Benefit and Miss Dior Cherie+ MDC L'eau.
hahaha. secretions magnifique is SO gross. Je sui en homme is so manly it's got leathery beastly notes. I didn't mind delicious closet queen but it was just a bit overbearing for me to wear all the time. The dude at Myer told us a pretty hilarious story about this girl who ended up backpacking with a guy for 4 months because of a conversation about don't get me wrong baby i don't swallow that she was wearing at the time.

I haven't tried the others yet. I think jasmine and cigarettes is meant to be a good one but i think they are all reasonably strong and long lasting.

miss dior cherie is lovely btw

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
went back to mecca today, wearing:

serge lutens' version of feminite du bois which has exactly the same ingredients as the shiseido version but different strengths. It's a very sweet, but very subdued oriental floral: lots of bergamot, lots of vanilla and cinnamon.

on the other arm im wearing frederic malle's angeliques sous la pluie which is very earthy, fresh and clean even though it is still considered a floral. very interesting.

my boyfriend bought frederic malle's vetiver extraordinaire in a 3x10ml spray pack

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
lauren do you know a similar scent to anais anais? a friend of mine loves it but doesnt want to buy cacharel anymore on account of their alleged animal cruelty or some shit idk.

also, if you ever find yourself in nyc, go to the lower ground floor of saks 5th avenue. there you will find your heaven.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
lauren do you know a similar scent to anais anais? a friend of mine loves it but doesnt want to buy cacharel anymore on account of their alleged animal cruelty or some shit idk.

also, if you ever find yourself in nyc, go to the lower ground floor of saks 5th avenue. there you will find your heaven.
im not totally certain because i haven't ever tried it but there are similar notes in gucci envy, amouage jubilation 25 and dia woman, chanel 5, 22, and coco mademoiselle and tommy girl. I don't think that tommy girl and mademoiselle are particularly incensey though.

my bf's little brother is in ny at the moment, he is buying me bond no.9 chinatown and we have told him to go to aes de venustas

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
hmm i dont know if anais anais is in anyway similar to chanel coco or 5 or some of the others but i'll try some out, thanks.

its basically really floral and jasminey and gardenia i think, she loves it and is making a fuss about it but whatever.

i thought of you when i was in nyc, especially the annick goutal section, magnificent!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
hmm i dont know if anais anais is in anyway similar to chanel coco or 5 or some of the others but i'll try some out, thanks.

its basically really floral and jasminey and gardenia i think, she loves it and is making a fuss about it but whatever.

i thought of you when i was in nyc, especially the annick goutal section, magnificent!
<3 annick goutal fragrances, the bottles are absolutely gorgeous.

chanel chance reminds me heaps of gardenias, maybe try that one too? I can't think of any others off the top of my head, like i said it's hard because i don't know what anais anais is like and i was just matching similar notes. maybe frederic malle's en passant or les mediteranee? both incredibly floral. How much is she willing to spend? frederic malle is pretty expensive. you can get 3x10ml sprays in a pack for $155 here.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i was hoping to get something while i'm in thailand, pretty sure central dept store will have fred malle so ill try that, thanks buddy.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I own Anais anais, I think it's dreadful and have never come across a scent that is noteably similar.
EDIT: Maybe possibly Parfum Sacre by Caron or Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle. But not really.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I own Anais anais, I think it's dreadful and have never come across a scent that is noteably similar.
EDIT: Maybe possibly Parfum Sacre by Caron or Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle. But not really.
if i recall correctly iris poudre is SO intense but not in an especially florally way. parfum sacre has very similar notes in it, particularly in the middle, but the base has vanilla, myrrh and cedarwood rather than sandalwood and incense which to me are less sweet and more strong. the lasting vanilla (in my mind, im just taking a total guess) would soften the incensey-ness of it. Then again, alley you said it was total floral

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)