what uni and course? (1 Viewer)

buttercup

If you dont like your course, can u change it straight away? or do u have to wait till the semester finishes?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by buttercup
If you dont like your course, can u change it straight away? or do u have to wait till the semester finishes?
I think it is by semester, but if you change they will take UAI and the marks you got in the original course to see if you can get into the one you want.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i'm sure i posted this somewhere else, but bah

bachelor of digital media at the college of fine arts (UNSW)

and a few other visual communications courses at various sydney unis

timmii

sporadic attendee
comm/law....not sure where tho (usyd or unsw - the decision has been plaguing me all year).

The sydney uni dean of law did phone me yesterday however and congratulated me on my uai and said "of course you're into law here" etc and told me about the course. Definitely made my day! :D Just consolidated for me the whole reason for all the work i've done this year.....to get into uni! yay!!!

Sydney uni : 1 unsw : 0

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by timmii
comm/law....not sure where tho (usyd or unsw - the decision has been plaguing me all year).

The sydney uni dean of law did phone me yesterday however and congratulated me on my uai and said "of course you're into law here" etc and told me about the course. Definitely made my day! :D Just consolidated for me the whole reason for all the work i've done this year.....to get into uni! yay!!!

Sydney uni : 1 unsw : 0
congrats timmii, that's pretty impressive.
usyd was my second option after melbourne and so if i was you i'd be choosing it over unsw. either way tho, good luck for next year and i'm sure your result was well deserved

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Wat's the better uni for combined Commerce/Arts? UNSW or Sydney??

I dunno which to place as 1st preference

timmii

sporadic attendee
Minai, from most accounts commerce is better at unsw, but arts is more established at sydney. You have a similar dilemma to me with my comm/law.

Also I have also heard that some arts courses (ie if ur more interested in languages, history etc...) are better at unsw or sydney, so look into that.

Either way, both unis are excellent, so you may have to take into other factors, e.g transport (i see u live in chatswood - usyd's straight down the trainline, whereas unsw is difficult by public transport and $6.50 toll each day if u drive, without including petrol and parking). Social lives, extracurricular as well of course shoudl be considered.

It also depends on what ur focus for commerce is. I've heard from several sources that if u want more public sector commerce to go to usyd, the more traditional and theoretical stuff etc.
Unsw is more up with the finance, stockbroking, investment side. Different sources say different things though. *sigh* Good luck with the decision making!

chanfky

I want to do Digital Media at UNSW.
I got 96.3 and the course is 91 so hopefully I can get in.

and how come some people got phone calls from uni? do most people get calls from uni? coz i didn't...

lane

I got 93 so im deciding between B physc 89 or B economics / B physc 74 at anu beleive it or not!

1 more

fructis
HSC
i am thinking arts/law or art theory/law at UNSW.
i am going overseas on Wednesday so i want to decide by then.
That is a very special story timmii, to accompany an obviously very special result! Congrats.

hornet

Originally posted by saladsurgery
i'm sure i posted this somewhere else, but bah

bachelor of digital media at the college of fine arts (UNSW)

and a few other visual communications courses at various sydney unis
Originally posted by saladsurgery
I want to do Digital Media at UNSW.
I got 96.3 and the course is 91 so hopefully I can get in.

Hey awesome, same course :)

super mod

im doing law at harvard...my 99.95 was considered an equivallency mark which for international applicants allowed me to get in......harvard law here i come baby!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Omg i'm sooooooo jealous! my entire fascination with usyd is based on its remote similarity to harvard.

How did u apply? Are you moving there? Do you have to pay $40,000 school fees? Don't their terms start in september tho? And isn't their law degree graduate?

hmmm is this genuine?

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Omg i'm sooooooo jealous! my entire fascination with usyd is based on its remote similarity to harvard.

How did u apply? Are you moving there? Do you have to pay $40,000 school fees? Don't their terms start in september tho? And isn't their law degree graduate?

hmmm is this genuine?
I have my doubts - AFAIK you need SAT 1 & 2 scores to get into Harvard. One of my friends has been accepted based on those.

According to the Harvard magazine, undergraduate expenses per year were $37 000 US in 2001.

And anyway, law is a postgrad at Harvard. You can get a B.A. majoring in law perhaps, but not a law degree per se. That's the entire point of getting a general liberal arts degree.

timmii

sporadic attendee
hmmm i feel a bit of ditz...

My epitaph will read "gullible to a fault"

kini mini

HSC
hmmm i feel a bit of ditz...

My epitaph will read "gullible to a fault"
Think of yourself as optimistic about human nature ;)

You just wanted to believe eh ;)

volatile

B Arts/Sc in Psychology at Macquarie
my UAI is high enough to get in based on last yrs UAI so hopefully this yr the demand for the course aint too high to raise this yrs cut-offs...
on that note... how many ppl r considering doin Psychology at Macquarie??? coz if theres too many the UAI will rise... unfortunately...

yer

How come no one here is thinking of medicine, why r all the people with the high uais doing law/commerce?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)