Which uni do you think is the most prestigious (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyBoy

HSC
Cape said:
But the thing is that they can't build anything on parra campus cause of the historical significance. Learn to deal with it or leave it.
ITs a university surely they could think outside the box. lol.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LazyBoy said:
ITs a university surely they could think outside the box. lol.
No ... you can blame the government and their law which prevents building on historical sites. This is why most campuses are so called "undeveloped" or they don't have the "traditional" lecture theaters. :rolleyes: but I like the way the lectures are held anyway, maybe cause theres only 40 people doing my course, but i don't care.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
If I happened to get a uai of 100 and was allowed to go to any university in the whole entire world - i'd still be going to UWS. I don't care if it takes over 2 hours to get to the campus, I don't care if its got a so called "low reputation" what I care about is the fact that not many university actually offer a tourism degree - without doing all the commerce stuff - and of those unis that do offer a tourism degree - even less offer it with ecotourism. And UWS allows me to major in whatever I want and lets me choose how I want to study the degree and I can choose electives from whatever fields of study I am the most interested in.
I would have went to Macquarie (but after hearing that UNSW is best for Accounting, i would have went to UNSW)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Seriously, do usyd have recliners or something?
Probably like gold class - they also get popcorn and champagne during the lectures :p

LazyBoy

HSC
im just talking about the aparent lack of air con. Which would suck! Although i dont know if USYD is air cond, so i cant really talk. But if they arnt, ill be bugging the hell out of em to get it.

And what i mean is you dont need to build, theres ways around it like portable air con units etc.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
In theory it works that way. We may not have sandstone buildings and we may not have the lastest software on the computer - but our quality of teaching is fanatasic. I dont know about other unis - but most of our lecturers are on international boards for whatever area that they specify in. Hell, one of my lecturers was even on the UN at one stage. Personally, a textbook can't give you everything, you need actual experience and personal detail which is given from the lecturers.
WHAT UWS uses outdated software?

LazyBoy

HSC
Cape said:
Probably like gold class - they also get popcorn and champagne during the lectures :p
You forgot our many buttlers and personel midgit to carry our bags.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
WHAT UWS uses outdated software?
I've only used the computers at Hawkesbury ... but then, last time I used a computer there was 5 months ago ... last time I went to uni was 4 months ago. No, they don't use outofdate software. They may have brand new computers for all I know now.

And lazyboy - don't start the anti Hawkesbury campus stuff :vcross:

LazyBoy

HSC
Hey think of it this way. More air con in uni, easier it is to learn, therefore some bright cooky will solve the ozone problems.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hawkesbury? that's like more to the west than penrith.. my god... you're so out west, where everyone's dumb and smelly.

True, it has been proven people work harder in a cool environment.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hardly anyone wants to go to uws? shit i chose uws as my uni of choice...
I guess the masses didn't tell me i was wrong :S

It seems to me.. people hate uws because;
a - It's in Western Sydney
b - They think they're better than western sydney

It has nothing to do with accademics, why has no one mentioned that Macquarie Uni was the only University not to pass the standardized legal test.
Not everyone cares about law

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hawkesbury? that's like more to the west than penrith.. my god... you're so out west, where everyone's dumb and smelly.

True, it has been proven people work harder in a cool environment.
Its in Richmond ... there are cows and horses ... and cute little baby lambs as well :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I can't see the problem with parra's lecture rooms...

Seriously, do usyd have recliners or something?
dont start about usyd, they have these lecture auditoriums where they are so bloody steep, you jump off and you might die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)