• NO! trees turn me on

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • i dont give a shit

Votes: 16 18.6%

• Total voters

poWerdrY

HSC
Trefoil said:
An ideal scenario for the near future (a few decades) would be something like 10% solar, 10% hydro, 10% wind, 10% geothermal, 20% nuclear, 40% coal. Right now it's something like 90% coal. That's not good. Places in Europe are heading towards a weighting like this.
but once you've attained adequate geothermal technology, wouldn't that dominate as the main source of energy? i mean, one zettajoule is quite a lot.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Captain Hero said:
^^^ You have a price floor based on the amount the materials cost. Otherwise why wouldn't computers be practically free?
Materials cost isn't the problem - it's manufacturing costs, which can go down plenty.

Anyway, the supply/demand curve minimises price a bit before it reaches the bare cost of the materials, I have a feeling - the company can only continue to lower costs as long as it makes a profit doing so.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
poWerdrY said:
but once you've attained adequate geothermal technology, wouldn't that dominate as the main source of energy? i mean, one zettajoule is quite a lot.
Sure, but that won't be for a while and it's fairly theoretical.

It's not like solar research is a waste, either - it's used in many situations besides industrial and domestic power generation. Space being one of the main ones.

It's not like this is a limited good. Researching solar doesn't prevent research of geothermal.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
JaredR said:
As I said, left wing radicals.
So the United Nations are just left wing radicals?
Cause they pretty much propose a resolution which says the same thing about Israel every year.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
So the United Nations are just left wing radicals?
Cause they pretty much propose a resolution which says what they did about Israel every year.
Yeah and the UN also has carte blanche to go into people's countries, kill people and rape their women whilst under the guise of diplomatic immunity.

The UN's hardly one to talk about human rights abuses, believe me.

Sources: Deliver us from Evil (William Shawcross)

Complicity with Evil (Adam Lebor)
http://books.google.com.au/books?hl...WRtDBs&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result
If you want to check it out.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I also hear that UN diplomats are notorious offenders of NY parking regulations

ASNSWR127

HSC
Captain Hero said:
Yeah and the UN also has carte blanche to go into people's countries, kill people and rape their women whilst under the guise of diplomatic immunity.

The UN's hardly one to talk about human rights abuses, believe me.

Sources: Deliver us from Evil (William Shawcross)

Complicity with Evil (Adam Lebor)
http://books.google.com.au/books?hl=en&id=fySibOaurVsC&dq=complicity+with+evil&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=UKMBvJF-q9&sig=8u48SHB0tJUSoDxgudbLZWRtDBs&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result
If you want to check it out.

and he has a photo of Sarah Palin on photo...

seriously mate you can't say stuff like that whiust having a pic of the stupidest woman on earth.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
and he has a photo of Sarah Palin on photo...

seriously mate you can't say stuff like that whiust having a pic of the stupidest woman on earth.
I feel it's fitting given you've just revealed yourself to be the stupidest man on earth.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Her wink seems to suggest that "when we get in, we'll change everything"
Dont risk it.
Obama.
Change

edit: the law's the law!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
**facepalms

I'll read that later, CBF. My point is you don't have to be a left wing radical to criticise Israel on it's policy towards Palestinians.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
**facepalms

I'll read that later, CBF. My point is you don't have to be a left wing radical to criticise Israel on it's policy towards Palestinians.
EDIT: I know the argument's a joke, I'm just posting out the UN's not the best institution in the world.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I like some of the Greens' policies, but their Anti-Nuclear bandwagon just shits me off.

And they hate farmers.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Kwayera said:
I like some of the Greens' policies, but their Anti-Nuclear bandwagon just shits me off.

And they hate farmers.
the problem with farmers is that sometimes they just need to realise...

Just move on guys seriously. The land can't always sustain you so stop voting nats for short term gains of cahs and vote greens for long term solutions to your problems.

poWerdrY

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:

Just move on guys seriously. The land can't always sustain you so stop voting nats for short term gains of cahs and vote greens for long term solutions to your problems.
well we need long term like nuclear

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:

You suggest we import all of our food instead?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
You suggest we import all of our food instead?
Let's keep growing rice and cotton and paying above market prices for it too.

Yeah, fuck farmers.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:

Um no.

The land can sustain us just fine. It's about smart farming practices.

That includes not chopping down all the trees on your farm. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)